Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What does it mean I am a little bit confused
I thought that the states closest to California would get a later delivery date compared to those of you on the East Coast. I thought I read that from someone on here. EDD is pretty crazy, so I wont be surprised if it changes back to September. I wont be happy if so haha.

Thanks! I could only hope 😬 I don't like the odds of it changing back to September LOL.

You said Once your EDD gets to about 10 days a VIN assignment is most likely imminent but may take a few more days to become available. The last day of my EDD range is pretty much within 10 or 11 days.. no vin yet.

Did I misread your post? I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm just sharing what I see.
not a guarantee but people seem to be getting VINs when your delivery estimate is 10 days away or so.

Yeah the EDD is weird how it’s accurate for some and not for others. Tesla told me to expect a vin in the next week or two even tho my edd is saying mid to late September. They said in their internal system I have a mid august date.
Back end of mine is at about 19 days so I’m not close at all I believe. Front end is at August 21st, so hopefully it stays that way for a bit. Would be nice to get a good birthday surprise but I’m in doubts

If you don't mind me asking, what are the agreements?
Basically an electronic signing of the credit and loan agreements, where your signature appears at the bottom and the date updates for them. Previously I could view them but the signature area was blocked. Now I can see my electronic signature.

215F88B4-CEB6-4F7F-836D-83DB96193225.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: M3_p0\/\/3r
Six hours later, still waiting. Just e-mailed my SA plus the three random Tesla employees on yesterday's "it'll be there by 8 p.m." (despite delivery window today being 10 a.m. to noon) e-mail asking if they had an ETA. Not like we're doing anything today aside from this, but c'mon!

Six hours later, still waiting. Just e-mailed my SA plus the three random Tesla employees on yesterday's "it'll be there by 8 p.m." (despite delivery window today being 10 a.m. to noon) e-mail asking if they had an ETA. Not like we're doing anything today aside from this, but c'mon!
I figured as much. Once they told me “it could be sooner” meaning once we tell you then it’s on you regardless of what you’re up to at the time. Still wouldn’t be shocked if yours arrived either right at 8 or shortly thereafter.

I figured as much. Once they told me “it could be sooner” meaning once we tell you then it’s on you regardless of what you’re up to at the time. Still wouldn’t be shocked if yours arrived either right at 8 or shortly thereafter.

Got a response already (forget about 1.9 0-60, this is now the most meaningful Tesla WR) saying they'd have their next available driver bring it over. Glad I asked!

Sooo I stalked the tesla-info page until I found an AWD with 18” wheels. Ended up reserving that and cancelling my other order. Got my VIN immediately and set for delivery sometime early to mid August! Switched from pearl white/white to blue/black as well.

Just a note to anyone else who tries this strategy: I was *not* able to transfer my financing, so I have to go through that process again. However, someone at the delivery center told me they *could have* applied the VIN of my new reservation to my previous order, which would have resulted in me keeping the same financing. So if you want to keep your financing and not lose the $100 on the order, keep that in mind!

Sooo I stalked the tesla-info page until I found an AWD with 18” wheels. Ended up reserving that and cancelling my other order. Got my VIN immediately and set for delivery sometime early to mid August! Switched from pearl white/white to blue/black as well.

Just a note to anyone else who tries this strategy: I was *not* able to transfer my financing, so I have to go through that process again. However, someone at the delivery center told me they *could have* applied the VIN of my new reservation to my previous order, which would have resulted in me keeping the same financing. So if you want to keep your financing and not lose the $100 on the order, keep that in mind!
Thank you. People have been getting jerked around on this with different responses depending on who you’re talking to. I guess the big thing is whether you have enough time to reach a rep to switch to an existing vehicle before someone else swoops in.

Reactions: typescript-boi