Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery today! The car looked great, but after driving away I noticed something not normal, so I turned around and went back to the SC. They had someone jump right on it, and I was back on the road in no time.

Overall a way better experience than I've had buying other cars. Just like everyone says, it was worth the wait. Now the wait to get an electrician to install the Wall Connector for faster charging!

Best of luck to everyone out there waiting! It's tough but it makes delivery day that much sweeter
what was the problem?

6/16 order date. Still no VIN. My EDD did shorten a bit though! 9/16-9/24! Mine might have been on the truck of Teslas that crashed in CA.

Attachments

• 7292F18F-5280-4750-BF8E-ACCD89359BB5.jpeg
    7292F18F-5280-4750-BF8E-ACCD89359BB5.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 74
I got an email overnight asking for final payment. I clicked on the link to my account and got the vision agreement, which I accepted. My EDD did not change, still says 10/24-11/13. But I see new documents, including MVPA. Looking at that, I see a VIN! Fingers crossed that I’m getting lucky here: I am without a car after an accident with my 2018 M3 LR last month.

For those waiting….my observations:

1. The “source code” trick didn’t seem to work for me. My most recent check was three days ago and nothing was showing. I got VIN a earlier today and it now IS showing via the trick. I suspect that doesn’t work to predict any longer or at best it is a few hours advance? Don’t waste your time.
2. I did not get any text or email for VIN. I simply did a “refresh” and voila, there was the vision agreement. Once I accepted the VIN was populated in my account.
3. Refreshing and disappointment are par for the course. Get used to the ups (really only one) and downs (total refresh count minus one). To be honest, this forum and your stories helped me throughout and kept my faith. Thanks!
4. My SA was friendly and responsive but he didn’t have any additional info for me throughout this process. He answered the four non delivery questions I had quickly but never provided any delivery or production updates. I suspect they don’t have any “secret, inside info” on production.
5. Educated guess but it does appear to be a domestic push at end of each quarter. If you aren’t taking possession by end of Sept, I wouldn’t expect Oct. delivery. I don’t know why but reading exhaustively everywhere seems to suggest this. Now how to crack the VIN matching algorithm? Recommend you email [email protected]

According to my VIN, I’m getting a ‘21…not that it matters.

Good luck all….signing off this thread. And remember, The waiting is the harrrrrrrrrrdesssssssst part.

Last edited:
I got an email overnight asking for final payment. I clicked on the link to my account and got the vision agreement, which I accepted. My EDD did not change, still says 10/24-11/13. But I see new documents, including MVPA. Looking at that, I see a VIN! Fingers crossed that I’m getting lucky here: I am without a car after an accident with my 2018 M3 LR last month.
Now the VIN shows up on my account, and EDD is 9/26-9/30

M3LR, Blue/Black, Aeros, FSD
OD 9/8, EDD 9/26-9/30, Devon PA delivery center

New to the forum.

Ordered a black LR with black interior and 18", FSD on 8/19. Located in Dallas.
Initial delivery estimate was Nov - December timeframe.
Slowly inched it's way back to October before jumping to the end of September about 10 days ago.
Received my VIN this AM.

Big step forward. Now I need to do financing. :)
I'm personally going to wait until i get a delivery date before I do financing. I've seen too many people on here and other places lose their VIN for no reason at all.