Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, delivery day success! So, for the day, here's how it went down. Got an email at 10:59am saying my car was ready for pickup (didn't have to wait until my scheduled time of 3pm). Also at this point, the Tesla app was all sorts of changed, and I could see the current charge (251 miles), and I could turn on climate control and cool her down. Which I did, and kept her at 78 until I got there to pick her up. Had to wait for a ride, so didn't get there until 3:15pm.

With my 9 year old son with me, we found the car almost immediately, I mean, the app literally showed exactly where in the parking lot it was even surrounded by a sea of other cars being picked up. It took a long frustrating 2-3 minutes before the accept delivery thing went through, and then I was able to unlock, hop into a nice cool car, and start setting it up! Everything looked great, I'm sure I could be a little nitpicky about something here and there but honestly I couldn't find anything to worry about. Took me about 10-15 mins to set up everything and go through all of the settings and get everything how I wanted.

Didn't even put it in drive for the first time until I purchased the Acceleration Boost, I had already budgeted for it ($2150 incl tax). Then, well, away we go with GLaDOS... And I tell you what, there is no sweeter sound to a father's ears than to hear a full on uncontrollable nervous but giddy belly laugh from your child because of the absolutely insane rocketship acceleration this thing has. I mean it, maybe I should have tried her out before the performance boost, but I'm glad I didn't. Now I won't question it, but I'll enjoy the heart stopping power and absolute zero wheel slip. I mean, it's like it has launch control enabled all the time. I guess it does!

So, this has been my journey, I wish you all the best on yours, and I can promise you, it is a car unlike any other and you will enjoy it! I know I already am, and I've only had her for a few hours.
The cake is a lie!

T minus one week.
Got text and email yesterday to schedule home delivery. Thought that was strange since I live 10 min from local delivery/service center but I’m not complaining. Paid the balance easily through ACH (Chase) and now my new baby arrives around noon on the 27th. Yes, I’ve taken the day off.

Acceleration boost will happen. I tell myself to give it a week to see what life in the 4s is actually like. I’m guessing I won’t last.

And although I purposely went with the 18s, I’ve since decided to buy a set of 19s…it just depends on what type of tires come on the 18s (summer or all season?) and then I’ll buy tires/19s accordingly.

Otherwise 220 line installed, 20 dollar wheel center cap kit arriving tomorrow.

Let’s roll. Well, creep. Well, I guess I’ll go with hold 😉

T minus one week.
Got text and email yesterday to schedule home delivery. Thought that was strange since I live 10 min from local delivery/service center but I’m not complaining. Paid the balance easily through ACH (Chase) and now my new baby arrives around noon on the 27th. Yes, I’ve taken the day off.

Acceleration boost will happen. I tell myself to give it a week to see what life in the 4s is actually like. I’m guessing I won’t last.

And although I purposely went with the 18s, I’ve since decided to buy a set of 19s…it just depends on what type of tires come on the 18s (summer or all season?) and then I’ll buy tires/19s accordingly.

Otherwise 220 line installed, 20 dollar wheel center cap kit arriving tomorrow.

Let’s roll. Well, creep. Well, I guess I’ll go with hold 😉
Congratz! Same order date for me, got a VIN last wednesday. Waiting on that text and email. EDD still at 9/25-9/30

Its delivery week! I’m schedule to pick up my card on Sunday! I’m so excited and already bought some accessories and things for my car. I’m specifically excited to plastidip the 19” inch wheel into a darker color to give it a more stormtrooper vibe to my car! Happy Delivery week to everyone who’s getting their car! To those still waiting, hang in there!

I hate to say it but crazy story which might make some of you really annoyed with me.

Yesterday we arrived to our test drive appt for a model 3. After our drive, we found of the car was actually for sale (2021 M3 performance). Needless to say an hour later we bought it with no waiting, the order we had was supposed to be delivered in Nov/Dec. The person told us about once a month they sell their demo cars and out of the 12 they had only 2 were left in ONE DAY! Its just plan crazy the demand out there. I hope you guys all get your orders filled sooner than later or if you are lucky you can find a demo car out there you like!

I hate to say it but crazy story which might make some of you really annoyed with me.

Yesterday we arrived to our test drive appt for a model 3. After our drive, we found of the car was actually for sale (2021 M3 performance). Needless to say an hour later we bought it with no waiting, the order we had was supposed to be delivered in Nov/Dec. The person told us about once a month they sell their demo cars and out of the 12 they had only 2 were left in ONE DAY! Its just plan crazy the demand out there. I hope you guys all get your orders filled sooner than later or if you are lucky you can find a demo car out there you like!
@Atomadam Doesn’t annoy me in fact I am happy for you. Great luck and good timing.

Out of curiosity, was the model / specs the same one you would have ordered or was it different but you were flexible enough?
Did they give you any discount?

Reactions: Atomadam
@Atomadam Doesn’t annoy me in fact I am happy for you. Great luck and good timing.

Out of curiosity, was the model / specs the same one you would have ordered or was it different but you were flexible enough?
Did they give you any discount?
I did get a SLIGHT discount and told them we wanted to removed the FSD from the car as we didnt want it. The car had about 1400 miles on it already. Spec wise, it was a little different, we ordered a white long range, instead we are ending up with the gray performance model, the interior is the same with just the black and wood trim.

Woke up this morning with pushed back EDD.
initially it was 11/8-12/8 and today is 12/6-1/5…

M3LR black/white/19”. Ordered back on 9/3.

Attachments

• 57D0223A-955E-4DBE-8CB8-40972ABF9C28.jpeg
    57D0223A-955E-4DBE-8CB8-40972ABF9C28.jpeg
    216.6 KB · Views: 57