Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah mine just changed from 12/3-12/10 to 12/10-12/31. Guess that means I will push my delivery to 2021 just in case the tax credit gets reinstated. Would assume Tesla doesn't get credit for 4th quarter number if I don't complete the sale in 2020. Guess it's my way of pushing back. Lol

Well, no vin but my delivery window just went from 12/13-12/31 to 12/20-12/31. Guess thats better than no movement at all. Trying to stay optimistic is hard. UGH.

It’s ready...5 days early! I’d write more but off to sort out my insurance documents!

Attachments

• 3CD44A0D-0FAC-4FFE-AADC-8F9150764538.png
    3CD44A0D-0FAC-4FFE-AADC-8F9150764538.png
    458 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: texastodd
My dates just got pushed from 12/5-12/23 to 12/19-12/29. My SA was right - unfortunately
If I won’t get it by end of this year I will lose $1500 as the EV tax credit in CO will decrease in 2021 from $4K to $2.5K Not a lot but still ...

Since my dates got pushed further into the future now I am looking at potentially my loan w/ TSL/JPM expiring (12/22) before I take delivery. Did anyone on this forum go through reapplying process? If so, did you go w/ Tesla (or whoever) again or did you shop around? I admit I just applied with Tesla the first time without looking into other options. I was ok with 2.49%

Since my dates got pushed further into the future now I am looking at potentially my loan w/ TSL/JPM expiring (12/22) before I take delivery. Did anyone on this forum go through reapplying process? If so, did you go w/ Tesla (or whoever) again or did you shop around? I admit I just applied with Tesla the first time without looking into other options. I was ok with 2.49%
I went through a local credit union and it was 1.85% and was good for 60 days. Might be worth considering.

mine was also pushed from 12/13-12/31 to 12/20-12/31. Loan offer expires on 12/24 so I’m in the same boat. Ugh.

The last day of my delivery estimate is today (Dec 5)....still no email, text message. Nothing. I called to see if there was any new info. After being passed around to a couple of people, the guy was so nonchalant about it being late and still had zero info. While I'm sure it's "normal" for him....this is not how any other company treats their customers spending $55K+ on something. I get Tesla early adopters tolerate(d) a lot for the "privilege" of owning one but the general population isn't going to put up with this mess.

I'm not asking to be coddled, but just for basic communication. If it's gonna be late, tell me. If you have an estimated delivery set, try to hit it and if you can't, make sure your SA's reach out and explain why to customers. Basic stuff. I'm sure I'll forget about most of this whenever I get the car but sheesh this is a rough initial experience. Elon would not enjoy buying a Tesla from his company.

Reactions: MelsM3P
Oh what joy! Delivery process was contactless, so I literally went into the parking lot, hopped in my car and was ready to drive away.

On the drive home, came upon a red M3 heading toward me... driver and I waved at each other as we passed... that was fun for me!

Here are some photos, include the stats from my inaugural drive... processed (4).jpeg processed (3).jpeg processed (2).jpeg processed (1).jpeg processed.jpeg

I did take a photo of underneath the wireless phone chargers, to show there is a lot of room...

Car had 309 miles of range on it when I arrived at Tesla.

now... back on the road!

Attachments

• PXL_20201205_201237393.jpg
    PXL_20201205_201237393.jpg
    419.5 KB · Views: 78
The last day of my delivery estimate is today (Dec 5)....still no email, text message. Nothing. I called to see if there was any new info. After being passed around to a couple of people, the guy was so nonchalant about it being late and still had zero info. While I'm sure it's "normal" for him....this is not how any other company treats their customers spending $55K+ on something. I get Tesla early adopters tolerate(d) a lot for the "privilege" of owning one but the general population isn't going to put up with this mess.

I'm not asking to be coddled, but just for basic communication. If it's gonna be late, tell me. If you have an estimated delivery set, try to hit it and if you can't, make sure your SA's reach out and explain why to customers. Basic stuff. I'm sure I'll forget about most of this whenever I get the car but sheesh this is a rough initial experience. Elon would not enjoy buying a Tesla from his company.

my delivery date keeps updating to (Today's date) - December 11

and i am totally accepting the same fate as you

my best guess - VIN in the next two weeks, then pick up either xmas week or last week of december

Reactions: inspace2020