Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Meet Emmett!

037231B5-75EB-443F-BE16-FBDF52B10697.jpeg

I got my VIN on Saturday. Does anyone in Texas have any info on how quickly the cars get here? I'm in Austin if it helps. Right now my window is 1-2 weeks away still but hoping it's not that long.

Not TX but close, I’m in OK
I got a VIN last Thursday.
For me the car needs to get to Kansas City because OK, like Texas, can’t sell Teslas.
I called KC today and was told the car was in a train on route to Chicago’s distribution center and from there would be shipped to KC, expecting to hit it there on the 22-23. I am scheduled for home delivery. And that may happen anytime from 5-6 days after arriving to KC

I'm 163 miles from the SC. It's ok. I'll drive up. It's not too far from Garozzos either, so that will be a good day.

Good choice. I did audits every year in KC and Olathe. We were staying in Crown Center across from the Hyatt when the walkway fell. We walked across that walkway the day before. There was a party downstairs so we went on the walkway above it. Who knew.

My dates changed again. This time from 12/15 - 12/29 to 12/21 - 12/27. I was told that it should be in my hands on 12/26. My SA might be right on point with his estimates since I placed the order. He was also very responsive since I’ve test drove M3 back in February and patiently answering all my questions ever since. His name is Nathan and he is currently working at theCherry Creek location in Denver. Highly recommend :)

Reactions: ncozy4
Not TX but close, I’m in OK
I got a VIN last Thursday.
For me the car needs to get to Kansas City because OK, like Texas, can’t sell Teslas.
I called KC today and was told the car was in a train on route to Chicago’s distribution center and from there would be shipped to KC, expecting to hit it there on the 22-23. I am scheduled for home delivery. And that may happen anytime from 5-6 days after arriving to KC

Yeah, you are pretty much right on. The service center told me they expect the car will arrive in Austin on the 23rd right now. I hope it's not 5-6 days after that that I take delivery! Sure would like to get it before Christmas.

Anyone In Ohio care to chime in on how long it took for theirs to show up? Got my Vin on Sunday, was told yesterday that it was on a train and was told to expect it around Christmas Day. But said they were going to wait a few more days before scheduling my delivery appt to have a better estimate. I’m just getting antsy and hoping it arrives by weeks end and I can get it early next week hahaha.

Hi all -

I'm at it again.
  • Trading in 2020 Tesla Model 3 to 2021 Model 3.
  • My reasons are: Lowering monthly payments (state credit available as well versus last time ONLY the remaining Federal Credit).
  • More efficient (I have long trips and live in the Northeast).
  • Newer Car overall :p
  • I ordered 2020-11-27 and got the VIN yesterday 2020-12-14, to be picked up on 2020-12-28th (so about 4 weeks).
  • I'll take photos at full charge and all that stuff with all the confusion going on. I'm crossing my fingers that there are no major QA issues...
Feel free to ask me anything! I want to give to the community.

Hi all -

I'm at it again.
  • My reasons are: Lowering monthly payments (state credit available as well versus last time ONLY the remaining Federal Credit).
  • I ordered 2020-11-27 and got the VIN yesterday 2020-12-14, to be picked up on 2020-12-28th (so about 4 weeks).
  • I'll take photos at full charge and all that stuff with all the confusion going on. I'm crossing my fingers that there are no major QA issues...
Which model tho?

Hi all -

I'm at it again.

Trading in my 2020 TM3 SR+ for the 2021 TM3 LR. Going from white on black to now white on white. My payment will be a bit more than present but thats ok. Ill refinance in a year or something. Not losing sleep over it. I am also in the northeast. Rhode Island. It will be nice having the heat pump and an LR. My range SUUUUCKS in the the cold as I type. Picking her up on the 21st from Warwick. CAN NOT WAIT!

Which model tho?

I'm going from Long Range to Long Range. I've been tracking my mileage and efficiency, compared it to previous cars such as the Prius Prime and regular Prius. I got to say, the TM3 LR is really efficient compared to those vehicles (try going 70MPH+ in the Prime). Anyway...I'm getting like 200 Miles or less in the winter driving. I'm hoping that I at least get 250 or more in the newer version?

Trading in my 2020 TM3 SR+ for the 2021 TM3 LR. Going from white on black to now white on white. My payment will be a bit more than present but thats ok. Ill refinance in a year or something. Not losing sleep over it. I am also in the northeast. Rhode Island. It will be nice having the heat pump and an LR. My range SUUUUCKS in the the cold as I type. Picking her up on the 21st from Warwick. CAN NOT WAIT!

I got the exact same car (gray and black). The new chrome delete looks nice. I did not plan to upgrade...It was a thought to play around with and one of the primary things I missed from the Prius Prime was that Heat Pump. That car was super efficient in the winter. Of course when it was below 12 Fahrenheit it was churning its engine regardless.

About how long did it take everyone between receiving their VIN and then the MVPA/Final Payment message to come across the Manage page on Tesla.com and setting up delivery?

Almost immediately, I was prompted to check after receiving a final payment needed email. So it could have been longer, but I have been checking my account like a madman prior to receiving the VIN.

My dates changed again. This time from 12/15 - 12/29 to 12/21 - 12/27. I was told that it should be in my hands on 12/26. My SA might be right on point with his estimates since I placed the order. He was also very responsive since I’ve test drove M3 back in February and patiently answering all my questions ever since. His name is Nathan and he is currently working at theCherry Creek location in Denver. Highly recommend :)

Im working with Jorge at the same location!

Last edited: