Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Operations Manager of the SC called just a few ago. Vehicle will be in tomorrow and Im rescheduled for Sat at 1pm. Sadly, were getting a noreaster here in Rhode Island tomorrow night so... snow... 12 inches of it. Ugh. Mother Nature making me wait!
Atleast you got moved up! Just got mine scheduled for the 29th. Seems like they end up getting most people in a little earlier, so I’m hoping mine will get moved up.

Reactions: JaeTheDev
ugh, I ordered 10/20, LR white/white. Just texted my SA and asked if he has a current estimate, and he said the current estimate is 12/26, which is super late and later than all the estimates it previously showed in my account... Not happy. Thinking about asking if he can match me with an inventory 2021' or so. Delivery is in Bay Area with Fremont factory pickup. No VIN yet btw.

ugh, I ordered 10/20, LR white/white. Just texted my SA and asked if he has a current estimate, and he said the current estimate is 12/26, which is super late and later than all the estimates it previously showed in my account... Not happy. Thinking about asking if he can match me with an inventory 2021' or so. Delivery is in Bay Area with Fremont factory pickup. No VIN yet btw.
Similar boat....Ordered Oct. 3rd. Have blown past my projected dates as well. They've recently updated to Dec. 15th - Dec. 29th but still no VIN.

I'm just realizing what's also probably pushing me so late is that I seem to have one of the rarest color combos. Black with White interior Sport Rims. So if they're making them in batches they probably go with most to least I'd assume. Sigh. I'm checking local stock because at this point I'm willing to take the very popular White/White model

Isn’t she beautiful? Just picked up from the west palm beach location. Car was in great condition except for a tiny dent in the front passenger window trim. Will be getting fixed via mobile ranger. (I supplied my own bow :D)

Attachments

• 40C5128A-D53D-451D-B263-4E6C57182FEB.jpeg
    40C5128A-D53D-451D-B263-4E6C57182FEB.jpeg
    943.9 KB · Views: 75
Update to my situation:

finally received VIN Monday morning and got text they will deliver Thursday to my house (which I never requested). Called to see if I can just pick it up.

got a call back this afternoon and they said car is in Burbank and I can go in tomorrow but unfortunately I work Wednesday and Thursday. Scheduled pick up for Friday morning. They asked me to link my bank account to my Tesla online account and to also make the final payment. Took 1 minute to do all of that and now my account online is showing the correct delivery date for Friday.

Also I’m not going to add insurance just yet. The Tesla quote was over $200/month which is a joke. Will add to my current insurance policy for less than half their option.

I will say, once you do get the VIN, things move rather swiftly. Gonna be a rough three nights of sleep, but I think I’ll survive.

Third times a charm. Took delivery of 21 M3 LR MSM/Black at Dedham, MA SC. Spent an hour scrutinizing inside and out in the sunshine. I am detail oriented and didn't find one issue.
3 yrs ago to the day my MS arrived with a tiger stripe on the hood a greasy handprint on headliner and interior panel. MY in September had couple misalignments and missing third brake light.
Can't say enough about the Dedham team. They have been awesome for three years and care about what they are doing.

I did not get any “final payment request”. Should I be worried?

Kind of funny story, I was getting worried on Saturday and messaged him. That night is when I was notified. I’m not sure if you should be worried yet. When did you order? Seems like the inventory that appears is what order holders have configured. Not really sure though.

Update to my situation:

finally received VIN Monday morning and got text they will deliver Thursday to my house (which I never requested). Called to see if I can just pick it up.

got a call back this afternoon and they said car is in Burbank and I can go in tomorrow but unfortunately I work Wednesday and Thursday. Scheduled pick up for Friday morning. They asked me to link my bank account to my Tesla online account and to also make the final payment. Took 1 minute to do all of that and now my account online is showing the correct delivery date for Friday.

Also I’m not going to add insurance just yet. The Tesla quote was over $200/month which is a joke. Will add to my current insurance policy for less than half their option.

I will say, once you do get the VIN, things move rather swiftly. Gonna be a rough three nights of sleep, but I think I’ll survive.

oof, never move to CO, I have over 200 a month for insurance and it’s the cheapest! Lots of hail here....

I got matched with a car in Cali and it’s being moved to my SC in Rhode Island, for zip! So no, it won’t always cost 1200.
Let me know when you take delivery-I am curious. Tesla told me every new car 1st owner is charged destination and doc 1200 - but may or not pay a transportation fee between oriingal allocation location (CA) and where that 1st owner actually picks it up (RI). F

Kind of funny story, I was getting worried on Saturday and messaged him. That night is when I was notified. I’m not sure if you should be worried yet. When did you order? Seems like the inventory that appears is what order holders have configured. Not really sure though.

I ordered on 10/21 and got my VIN on 12/12. I am financing through Tesla and no trade-in. I guess I’ll wait and see.