Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let me know when you take delivery-I am curious. Tesla told me every new car 1st owner is charged destination and doc 1200 - but may or not pay a transportation fee between oriingal allocation location (CA) and where that 1st owner actually picks it up (RI). F
just so you know, every customer pays dest and doc fee of 1200. no matter new or returning customer. which makes sense. they have to pay the people that are moving the cars across country. the fee breakdowns as destination of 1,125 and doc of 75 = 1200.

Meet Emmett!
Emmett meet Belle. She had a little work done since pickup on Sat. Went straight to tint and rims.
View attachment 617798
88325C49-D079-4EC2-A371-F0E37FD1278A.jpeg

So after getting a delivery date of 12/26, I had to reschedule for 12/29 because I'll be out of town from 12/26-12/28. Talked to the service center and asked if it was possible to get 12/24 and they said that currently that's the day they expect the car to arrive, so the 26th is the earliest they could do it. They did said it's possible the car would arrive earlier, but I fear I've eliminated myself from contention by having to schedule for 12/29.

At any rate. 35 days from order to VIN, 12 days from VIN to delivery date (not including my reschedule). Looking at the spreadsheet in the other thread, this is pretty much dead on the averages for Texas.

I haven't heard much from AZ peoples waiting for 2021 M3s, but received my VIN this morning for a white, LR, FSD, black interior. I ordered on Oct 17th, have an old ford as a trade in that isn't worth anything.

Like a few others, over the last day or so all forecasted delivery dates disappeared, then the VIN this morning. The dates have disappeared two other times over the last few weeks, only to come back with later forecasted dates. This time came back with a VIN and a delivery date of Dec 16-21st.

Kansas City Delivery center called at 1:15pm. "It's on the truck with one other headed to you tonight.
4h 51m drive with one other drop off means after 7pm at least. Works for me!

The saga:
10/22/20 2021 Model 3 LR AWD, Aeros Red w/Black Interior - Ordered 10/22/2020
11/10/20 text: delivery update 2-5 weeks from today
11/24/20 VIN rec'd payment requested.
11/24/20 payment info submitted, showed zero $ owed.
12/3/20 per SA ETA to KC delivery center Dec 15th.
12/14/20 text Delivery schedule ETA range Dec 15-17
12/16/20 1:15pm KC Delivery Center called - on truck headed here.

Just waiting on the trucker to call. Finally.

My SA told me that I need to take delivery within 3 days of car arriving at center 12/26. Is that true? I’m having trouble getting out of work during weekday.

wow.....

i know they are under alot of pressure to get all cars off the lots be end of quarter/year to make Elon happy, but ive never heard of this kind of ultimatum

did he say you will lose it if you do not pick it up by the 29th?

I ordered a 2021 M3 LR on Monday (12/14). SA told me to expect VIN tomorrow, and my account says delivery DEC 25-31. Is that credible? If I receive a VIN, can I assume car will be delivered for sure??? I need to get rid of the other car, because Tesla offered me peanuts. But need to travel Jan 14 to Austin. Don't want to sell the trade until I'm sure car will arrive, and on time. But don't want to pay 50 grand and keep the other car either... if I can avoid it. And yes, I'm very uneasy about having to pay for a freaking car in advance, and that long. Oh, and pay MSRP, which I've never done in my life. Ha ha.