Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just joined these forums recently to see what's going on with the California delivery dates. I place my order back in Nov. 03, LR, White on black. I have not received my VIN and my date is now Dec. 20 - 30.

Now that I have seen that some of you got the new headlights, I'm wondering whether I should take order of my vehicle without the new lights. I mean, I waited this long, and I know some of you have been waiting longer.

I just figure, might as well get all the new physical bells and whistles after all these delays.

Anybody in Houston happen to call the Woodlands to see if any cars have arrived? Asking for a friend. ;)

Ok, I called the Woodlands and according to them the cars are on their way and expect them in the next 2-3 days. I've also been checking the "new inventory" and up until today that was virtually empty. Today, several 2021 Model 3's have appeared. So, everything seems to be a go for deliveries this week!

I kind of went around the lot and only noticed that one white m3 performance had them

all of the m3 with aeros had the “older” headlights

It would be funny if they ran out of the old headlights with my build and everyone after me will get the new ones.....story of my life hahahaha
Can you share part of your Vin number? There is another M3 on this forum with new headlights with Vin starting with 860.

Not having the new headlights will be a real deal breaker for me. If my model doesn't have them, I am willing to wait for the next batch with the updated feature. I already waited long enough.
understandable, just remember Tesla is not like other OEMs, they continuously update the car. so in another few months something else will be changed. again. I mean the headlights are bigger change for sure. but I dont think its worth you rejecting a car for them. but at the end of the day you have to be happy with your car, and if the new headlights make you 100% happy with your purchase then go for it. specially if you dont mine waiting a few more weeks or months for it.

I understand they occasionally update their software, but this is like a mid refresh update, that includes physical parts. There are already models with the new headlights, so hopefully it will be early next year.

Also, I notice that a lot of the Euro models have Michelin tires and the US have different brands. Is this the case with most who have already received their vehicles? I'm not really picky about tires, but you can't go wrong with Michelins.

856XXX LR here picked up 12/19 with a born date of 12/3. Old headlights.
this is the information you need. when the car was born. yes overseas cars have the new headlights, not all of them. I would not count those as they are for the US market. its more so when they started putting them in US spec cars. so hopefully more cars have the new headlights.

Reactions: JaeTheDev
According to electrek.com, starting Q1 2021, all M3 will have the new lights. Maybe they started earlier?

I just picked up our LR M3 (FSD) here in AZ yesterday and I guess it has the new lights. I didn’t know they were new until this thread. Vin 869XXX

Attachments

• 8118041B-BD2F-474D-BC84-1C6975ECB6FD.jpeg
    8118041B-BD2F-474D-BC84-1C6975ECB6FD.jpeg
    736.3 KB · Views: 163
  • 16A2B56B-62FF-410A-87A8-0FE006FC8119.jpeg
    16A2B56B-62FF-410A-87A8-0FE006FC8119.jpeg
    358.7 KB · Views: 55
I just picked up our LR M3 (FSD) here in AZ yesterday and I guess it has the new lights.
I didn’t know they were new until this thread. Vin 869XXX

8118041b-bd2f-474d-bc84-1c6975ecb6fd-jpeg.619524
I would be curious knowing a little bit about the need and use for all the electrical boxes, in particular the white one ?
I'd like the high tech tennis ball parking help !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: mrg0114
Hmm...just checked my account...for the umpteent time...and the ominous message says we will reach out to you. No dates or timeframes given.
Tell me Santa, will it be under the tree Christmas morning? I have not been this excited since the birth of my firstborn...
same here. No estimated delivery time is showing on my account. It said delivery dec. 19-29 but now it's gone. Hoping for a VIN and delivery this week with new headlights!