Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
its in the service tab in the settings of the car. it will say adjust headlights.
AWESOME. Thank you.

not impossible. you could get it.
Hope so. My vin is 86029x, so actually a low 860xxx. We'll see, but not a deal-breaker for me.

But there's a BIG problem. Tesla wants me to put my bank info to pay, keep it on file, AND I'd be authorizing them to make future charges. No 'key' to opt out of that. Yeah, f***ing right! That's an absolute deal-breaker for me. And a very shady and unheard of practice. I can pay with a BoF a cashier's check, which is as good as cash (not cancelable for 60 days), and I've done it dozens of times. Or an instant W/T, or a next-day ACH. But I'm not going to give them my bank info. Other dealers would kill for a cash deal now. I'm not that desperate for a Tesla to agree to that non-sense. I just emailed my SA, to see what he says. Might not get a Tesla for my wife yet again, but we'll see :). Will keep you posted.

Last edited:
AWESOME. Thank you.

Hope so. My vin is 86029x, so actually a low 860xxx. We'll see, but not a deal-breaker for me.

But there's a BIG problem. Tesla wants me to put my bank info to pay, keep it on file, AND I'd be authorizing them to make future charges. No 'key' to opt out of that. Yeah, f***ing right! That's an absolute deal-breaker for me. And a very shady and unheard of practice. I can pay with a BoF a cashier's check, which is as good as cash (not cancelable for 60 days), and I've done it dozens of times. Or an instant W/T, or a next-day ACH. But I'm not going to give them my bank info. Other dealers would kill for a cash deal now. I'm not that desperate for a Tesla to agree to that non-sense. I just emailed my SA, to see what he says. Might not get a Tesla for my wife yet again, but we'll see :). Will keep you posted.
I understand that the bank account thing feels a bit weird, but do you really think Tesla would be able to get away with stealing money from you without your authorization? They are one of the largest, most watched companies in the world right now, they have no interest in becoming known for raiding people's bank accounts for small sums of cash. You don't need to worry.
It's actually a very convenient thing they offer that you don't even need to write a check or go get a cashier's check. It allows for the whole deal to be done completely online. That's why they do it. They aren't trying to take your money;)

Reactions: Pemple
AWESOME. Thank you.

you're welcome.
we are doing wire. im not giving anyone my login info at all. you use to be able to do a act directly with Tesla. but now they use plaid which isn't the best company with your information.

I understand that the bank account thing feels a bit weird, but do you really think Tesla would be able to get away with stealing money from you without your authorization? They are one of the largest, most watched companies in the world right now, they have no interest in becoming known for raiding people's bank accounts for small sums of cash. You don't need to worry.
It's actually a very convenient thing they offer that you don't even need to write a check or go get a cashier's check. It allows for the whole deal to be done completely online. That's why they do it. They aren't trying to take your money;)
I agree with you, but its not Tesla doing the transaction its plaid. they then move the money and your info to Tesla. I dont understand why Tesla took away the method just directly paying them like in the past. you have to verify with plaid by giving them your login information to your bank account. that part im not ok with. if they did the deposit method I would be a little less concerned. but for us a wire is perfectly fine and safer in my opinion.

Another update... sadly....

So my Model 3 was delayed due to several things... first snow delayed from 12/17 to 12/19... Then on 12/19 they texted me it had arrived. I had a 2:30p appointment as posted above. At 1pm Saturday they texted me to say they had put the wrong car on the car carrier and my M3 didn't arrive. Super disappointed. They said it would arrive Monday, (today). Last night they texted to tell me the delivery truck has broken down, and it won't arrive until Tuesday...

I'm at the point I'll believe it when I see it.

Another update... sadly....

So my Model 3 was delayed due to several things... first snow delayed from 12/17 to 12/19... Then on 12/19 they texted me it had arrived. I had a 2:30p appointment as posted above. At 1pm Saturday they texted me to say they had put the wrong car on the car carrier and my M3 didn't arrive. Super disappointed. They said it would arrive Monday, (today). Last night they texted to tell me the delivery truck has broken down, and it won't arrive until Tuesday...

I'm at the point I'll believe it when I see it.

UGH. Horrible luck. When you do see it, all the above will go away. Hope for a speedy delivery from here!

I agree with you, but its not Tesla doing the transaction its plaid. they then move the money and your info to Tesla. I dont understand why Tesla took away the method just directly paying them like in the past. you have to verify with plaid by giving them your login information to your bank account. that part im not ok with. if they did the deposit method I would be a little less concerned. but for us a wire is perfectly fine and safer in my opinion.

I see what you're saying. I wasn't aware the plaid was a new thing. I'm guessing Tesla probably went that route because it takes the risk of dealing with our personal info/bank numbers off their shoulders maybe? Regardless, it was a pretty quick and seamless process which I appreciate. I'll be sure to change my passwords on my bank account now though.

I see what you're saying. I wasn't aware the plaid was a new thing. I'm guessing Tesla probably went that route because it takes the risk of dealing with our personal info/bank numbers off their shoulders maybe? Regardless, it was a pretty quick and seamless process which I appreciate. I'll be sure to change my passwords on my bank account now though.
you're probably right. they did it for a reason. most likely less they have to keep track of. im ok with Tesla having my credit card on file. its much easier to fight a credit card charge vs some one pulling money from your bank account. good idea on changing your passwords. I also agree it did seem very easy to use the service tho. that I will give it.

You can still avoid plaid, just cancel it and it will allow you put your banking info in without plaid.