Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw a truck delivering Tesla’s today on the freeway and they were 90% white model 3’s

One of those has to be mine! :D

It would be cool if Tesla offered the option to show your vehicle being built. Like in steps, here's your vehicle on conveyor line, frame added, engine, seats, etc. and then driven off the line ready to be delivered. Like having a baby! ha! am I mad?! I mean, everyone gives their Tesla a name.

• Funny
Reactions: ncozy4 and yaya21
Out of curiosity, anyone set for Buena Park delivery location gotten a VIN yet? Particularly for for a white LR - black interior 18" aero wheels? Been trying to email my SA to get paired up as I'm in a bit of a crunch to receive delivery due to a family emergency where i have to leave the state by this weekend. I'd hate to have to wait until March for the next round of deliveries but it's looking pretty grim at the moment :(

Out of curiosity, anyone set for Buena Park delivery location gotten a VIN yet? Particularly for for a white LR - black interior 18" aero wheels? Been trying to email my SA to get paired up as I'm in a bit of a crunch to receive delivery due to a family emergency where i have to leave the state by this weekend. I'd hate to have to wait until March for the next round of deliveries but it's looking pretty grim at the moment :(
Nop, I have the exact same configuration as you. Last time I spoke with my SA he has said most likely it would be between the 21-31. However, due to the holidays I am thinking we are looking at deliveries starting next Monday sadly :(

I had chosen Dublin . They changed us to the new Vallejo location based on our home address When we picked up yesterday , they told us we were the 1st delivery for the new location .
I would be curious knowing a little bit about the need and use for all the electrical boxes, in particular the white one ?
I'd like the high tech tennis ball parking help !!!

Ha, the tennis ball was for the Ram truck that used to park there (now relegated to the side yard), I had just a couple inches to spare front and back, so had to hit the spot exactly. Not really needed anymore!

Last edited:
AWESOME. Thank you.

Hope so. My vin is 86029x, so actually a low 860xxx. We'll see, but not a deal-breaker for me.

But there's a BIG problem. Tesla wants me to put my bank info to pay, keep it on file, AND I'd be authorizing them to make future charges. No 'key' to opt out of that. Yeah, f***ing right! That's an absolute deal-breaker for me. And a very shady and unheard of practice. I can pay with a BoF a cashier's check, which is as good as cash (not cancelable for 60 days), and I've done it dozens of times. Or an instant W/T, or a next-day ACH. But I'm not going to give them my bank info. Other dealers would kill for a cash deal now. I'm not that desperate for a Tesla to agree to that non-sense. I just emailed my SA, to see what he says. Might not get a Tesla for my wife yet again, but we'll see :). Will keep you posted.

I just took a cashiers check, and only gave it to them after I checked out the car. Then sent me the online link for connecting my bank account and such.
not for our account. the only option is plaid or wire or check. I've tried countless time and it just brings up the same box to enter our information into plaid. im thinking it must be also depending on how you chose to paid for your car. like cash or loan. if its a loan I think you are only putting down the downpayment which is normally a smaller amount. vs paying cash. however it could be a state thing. ill give it another shot but I doubt it work for us. if you dont mine me asking, are you paying with a loan or cash?

We just took the downpayment and on
Whoever has the new headlights, please post the first three digits of your VIN, born date, and when you ordered your M3. I'm curious if my car is going to have the new headlights.

Nop, I have the exact same configuration as you. Last time I spoke with my SA he has said most likely it would be between the 21-31. However, due to the holidays I am thinking we are looking at deliveries starting next Monday sadly :(

Dang that's a huuuuge bummer. I know us Cali people get bumped to the very end of the delivery queue. Wish they hadn't gotten our hopes up earlier by setting a delivery date before Christmas. I would definately not mind picking up next week but due to my family emergency I'd have to leave the state this weekend, leaving me just inches away :( Fingers crossed that there's some sort of christmas miracle for us!

Reactions: Juribe4
yeah its a downpayment thing. we are paying cash so we can't use it unless we use plaid. :( so a wire it is for us.
@Tholland What is your VIN? Are you expecting the new headlights??

I think im cracking..I may just accept delivery with older Headlights if waiting until March is a realistic possibility. My guess is in two years or so I may upgrade to Cybertruck or refreshed S or X......

@Tholland What is your VIN? Are you expecting the new headlights??

I think im cracking..I may just accept delivery with older Headlights if waiting until March is a realistic possibility. My guess is in two years or so I may upgrade to Cybertruck or refreshed S or X......
well, my VIN is 870,xxx so yes mine should have the new headlights. in fact my contact said he was almost certain mine has them. and my car is set arrive in rockville on Monday.

for your, if you already have the mindset for a new car already, I wouldn't put to much weight into the headlights. I was fully expecting to get the same headlights Ive had for a year. our model y lights are just fine. I do think if the time table wasn't so unreasonable with Tesla, I would wait for them. but if you might get a S/X anyway doesn't matter. and with how Tesla does improvements, we will get ours this year and in march something else will be added which we can't get it. I almost waited to see if the S/x refresh was coming. we were going to get one but just didn't want to wait, and then be disappointed and then have to wait an even longer time for that to come and hope they work out all the bugs and QC issues. so I think you should take delivery and enjoy it. you will happy either way

Reactions: yaya21