Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did, and it's 1,000, so not 'much more', or even more :). But it's still A LOT. No wonder Tesla is dead last in initial quality for 2020. Ha ha. But at least they seem to be minor issues, so I can live with that. I pick up mine next Monday, so hope all is well with it. Thanks.

I have an 859xxx that was produced on 12/13. I see you had an 860xxx produced three days earlier. This shows that VIN does not necessarily correlate to born date. I pick up my M3LR on Monday so we'll see if she has the new lights.

Reactions: yaya21
Had my delivery today, direct home delivery in the Seattle area. After having been postponed from Friday for them to fix a paint issue, I looked it over and couldn't find where they said the issue was. No issues with panel gaps or any major paint issues that would cause me to reject delivery so I accepted it. Have 24 hours to report paint issues.

Didn't have time to take pictures before a meeting, but I'm so excited! Blue/Black, Aeros.

Ps. Not a big deal to me, but I have what I believe to be the old headlights. Vin 858XXX

Got a text message saying delivery would be in 2-4 days, but my account shows the delivery appointment as December 24th at 12:01 AM. Is this accurate? Is Santa really dropping off the car in the middle of the night?

the delivery time at 12:01 am might be accurate but from what I've been informed it usually takes about a day or 2 for them to inspect the car before it's ready for pickup so the delivery window might be right.

I have an 859xxx that was produced on 12/13. I see you had an 860xxx produced three days earlier. This shows that VIN does not necessarily correlate to born date. I pick up my M3LR on Monday so we'll see if she has the new lights.
correct. thats why the date it was born is more important than the VIN itself. if they started putting the new headlights in on lets say *12/10* and your car was born 12/13 than chances are yours has it. but, but, but.... they have more than one line. so yours could have been line 1 which is using up the last of the inventory old headlights and another one is line 2 but it has the new lights with a lower vin. see thats why this vin thing is hard to tell. I will say it does come a point, where the vin will matter. like the person with a 874,xxx that car will have it for sure. but if yours has it and it was born on 12/13 that will let a lot of people know that they probably have the new lights if it was born days later.

correct. thats why the date it was born is more important than the VIN itself. if they started putting the new headlights in on lets say *12/10* and your car was born 12/13 than chances are yours has it. but, but, but.... they have more than one line. so yours could have been line 1 which is using up the last of the inventory old headlights and another one is line 2 but it has the new lights with a lower vin. see thats why this vin thing is hard to tell. I will say it does come a point, where the vin will matter. like the person with a 874,xxx that car will have it for sure. but if yours has it and it was born on 12/13 that will let a lot of people know that they probably have the new lights if it was born days later.

Makes total sense. Do we know what the earliest born date is that has confirmed 'new headlights'? I can't seem to find it but I thought it was around the 12/12 or 12/13 timeframe.

Monday will tell. Talked to the SA today and he said my M3 is still on the rail in transit. Should arrive at the SC on Saturday. I'm super happy with all the upgrades to the 2021 and won't be disappointed if I end up with "old" headlights. Not a dealbreaker for me.

Reactions: Tholland
Makes total sense. Do we know what the earliest born date is that has confirmed 'new headlights'? I can't seem to find it but I thought it was around the 12/12 or 12/13 timeframe.

Monday will tell. Talked to the SA today and he said my M3 is still on the rail in transit. Should arrive at the SC on Saturday. I'm super happy with all the upgrades to the 2021 and won't be disappointed if I end up with "old" headlights. Not a dealbreaker for me.
I agree with you. they made great changes.

can I find my born date online or call Tesla? Or do I have to wait until I take delivery of my car?
well no, you won't see it online. it will be in the door jam of the driver door. your SA can tell you if they want to. they have to do some looking. and with all the stress they already have most of them won't tell you. some will. like I know mine was built 12/16. which I have seen another car built the same day have the new headlights.

Multiple cars my exact spec except without FSD listed in local inventory yet still no VIN or delivery date... this is very annoying! Why wouldn’t they just add FSD and match one to me?

Have you talked to your SA? I spoke to mine today who looked for an exact match to get earlier delivery but none available. Inventory on website shows. If that is Tesla playing games (in my opinion). I don’t think all vehicles shown actually exist at exact location.