Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wall connector, key fob w/ holder, all weather floor mats & trunk liner, tire repair kit, extra charging adapters, extra memory stick, jack adapters, sub-trunk organizer, screen protector, cup holder insert, sport matched dead pedal, dog seat cover, blue footwell LEDs, and some other odds and ends. I'm about $1600 in and I don't even have the car yet. :D

Waiting (and shopping) while waiting, and shopping some more.

Tim

I thought I was going crazy buying stuff, but you win! Maybe this is Tesla's plan. Make them wait 5 weeks and see how much extra they will spend.

• Funny
Reactions: TBrownTX
The last week felt like a month.

Just wait until you get your VIN. It gets worse. ;) Start now by practicing a huge non-stop grin on your face for 12 hours a day so you'll be ready and all trained up when your vehicle does arrive. :D Make sure you've completed all your account steps so there's no hidden delay.

We'll be driving the 5 hours (one way) to KC in the polar vortex to pickup my wife's Model 3 LR AWD on the 19th for pickup on the 20th. With the predicted below freezing temps and high winds, it will be interesting to see how the return trip goes with supercharging, etc. I've already modeled the trip in abetterrouteplanner.com by tweaking the default temps and wind. Glad we'll be driving the long range version.

Tesla to get access to $7,000 tax credit on 400,000 more electric cars in the US with new incentive reform - Electrek

Does this give anyone else pause? I mean I can’t wait for the car, but if waiting 3-6 more months reduced the price $7,000... I mean I can be patient. Of course nothing about this guarantees the law will pass.

No pause here. Don’t those kinds of laws typically apply to a Tex year, versus after a specific date? If they pass it, it may go retroactive for 2021 (filed in 2022).

Tim

Reactions: Jeff Davlt
We'll be driving the 5 hours (one way) to KC in the polar vortex to pickup my wife's Model 3 LR AWD on the 19th for pickup on the 20th. With the predicted below freezing temps and high winds, it will be interesting to see how the return trip goes with supercharging, etc. I've already modeled the trip in abetterrouteplanner.com by tweaking the default temps and wind. Glad we'll be driving the long range version.
Thats my pickup location too. I've not seen sustained temps this cold in my area in a long time. Still looking forward to the drive to get it. I'm hoping to have it before mid March because my wife and I are going to your area-- OKC... Then we will only have to worry about the tornados

• Funny
Reactions: TBrownTX and Mark57
Still looking forward to the drive to get it. I'm hoping to have it before mid March because my wife and I are going to your area-- OKC... Then we will only have to worry about the tornados

Tornado's, hail, fracking generated earthquakes, and the occasional mid April freeze. :D

There's a great steakhouse just 2 miles from the delivery center if you don't want to venture into KC. Jess and Jim's.

Reactions: tstolze
No pause here. Don’t those kinds of laws typically apply to a Tex year, versus after a specific date? If they pass it, it may go retroactive for 2021 (filed in 2022).

Tim

I’m interested in knowing this as well. Has anyone found a sure answer on this? That said, it isn’t going to make me wait either way. This change has only been introduced so it may or may not take effect. On top of that, the price (without tax incentives) was right for me when I bought the car and I don’t think I want to put this off any longer for something that may fall through.

I’m interested in knowing this as well. Has anyone found a sure answer on this? That said, it isn’t going to make me wait either way. This change has only been introduced so it may or may not take effect. On top of that, the price (without tax incentives) was right for me when I bought the car and I don’t think I want to put this off any longer for something that may fall through.
No it wouldn’t be retroactive. Since there is a cap, they will track it by VIN. So only the new cars manufactured after bill passes will apply. Idk if I could hold out, it would be smart, but there’s a chance it won’t pass.

Ordered White/Black Interior LR AWD on 02/10
Expected Delivery 03/10 - 04/07

Question: I got an email today to 'Complete Your Pre-Delivery Tasks' asking me to update my payment method. I will be financing either through my own or a Tesla preferred. Should I wait until closer to delivery to complete this step?

Also, I am seeing conflicting reports about the new headlights. What is the latest info?

Matt

Tornado's, hail, fracking generated earthquakes, and the occasional mid April freeze. :D

There's a great steakhouse just 2 miles from the delivery center if you don't want to venture into KC. Jess and Jim's.

Thanks. I will probably check it out. I thought electric car owners were supposed to be vegan though :D
I ordered this car because it was the coolest car made for the money. My wife just puts up with my car habit, but even she loved this car. We are currently building a 1950 Mercury together.

Just got VIN today on the manage order page, and delivery date moved up to Feb 12th to Feb 18th. No direct outreach on finalizing delivery date yet, or paying down payment. We ordered on Jan 30th from Minneapolis.

I’m glad you got your vin!! Kinda disappointed though since I ordered on the 22nd of Jan and no vin yet. Still saying delivery March 5th-31st

for a Kansas City delivery. I hope they get to mine soon! :)

I don't know how people have patience..its only been 3 days since I ordered and I am already refreshing the page non-stop. Its like im a little kid on Christmas morning again.

AWD LR Metallic Silver with Black/White Interior to Columbus, Ohio

My local guy was pretty confident I would get it by early March because of where we are located.

Reactions: TBrownTX