Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a text from Tesla. The polar vortex has our Tesla hung up at the Chicago rail hub.It will not be ready to pick up in Kansas City on the 20th. They "think" the earliest it will arrive is the 24th in Kansas City. No appointment setup yet. I was afraid this might happen with the major weather moving through.

At least we won't be driving up and back in a blizzard.

• Informative
Reactions: Penguins
Just got a text from Tesla. The polar vortex has our Tesla hung up at the Chicago rail hub.It will not be ready to pick up in Kansas City on the 20th. They "think" the earliest it will arrive is the 24th in Kansas City. No appointment setup yet. I was afraid this might happen with the major weather moving through.

NOOOOO!!!
I feel like this going to have a ripple effect too

Mine is scheduled for delivery on the 22d. IIRC, east coast cars are "trained" to Birmingham and then trucked. I've not heard anything yet, but would not be surprised either way.

NOOOOO!!!
I feel like this going to have a ripple effect too

It might. I found a notice posted on JOC.com regarding the Union Pacific Railroad dated Feb 16, 2021.

UP Shuts down most of intermodal network for weather

Ari Ashe, Senior Editor | Feb 16, 2021 12:54PM EST
Union Pacific Railroad is shutting down virtually all business across its intermodal network for 72 hours because of snow and ice in the Pacific Northwest, Midwest, and even as far south as Texas.

Mine is scheduled for delivery on the 22d. IIRC, east coast cars are "trained" to Birmingham and then trucked. I've not heard anything yet, but would not be surprised either way.

You might be OK if it did not go through Chicago although the article does mention Texas. I hope yours is OK.

=======================
=======================

Here's the full info. UP.com website.

Unprecedented Weather Events Impacting Network - A Message from Kenny Rocker, EVP, Marketing & Sales
Announcement Number: CN2021-12
Categories: General Announcements
Posted Date: February 16, 2021

To Our Customers,

Extreme winter weather has had a disproportionate impact on our network over the past 72 to 96 hours and is expected to continue for the next 48 hours. In the South and across the eastern portion of our system, another winter storm is expected to bring more snow and ice starting this afternoon. The unprecedented weather issues over the past few days are impacting our network as follows:

• Currently we have more than 400 locations across our network that are without power.
  • Over 20% of active trains are holding for at least four hours as a result of the weather.
  • Over 90% of our primary parking is currently occupied at our intermodal terminals in Illinois.
Our Operating team is well prepared to respond to these weather emergencies and have successfully handled extreme weather events in the past. We are taking lessons learned from how we responded to the historic flooding two years ago as we work through this polar vortex challenge. Equipment for our intermodal network is closely aligned with containers and chassis across the system. While not every ramp is directly impacted by severe weather, by closing intermodal terminals systemwide, we are avoiding an imbalance of equipment across the network. This will result in a quicker recovery of operations.

We remain focused on delivering your freight as quickly as possible. Last week, we activated our 24-hour command center to assist in restoring service safely under these adverse weather conditions. Equipment, resources and crews are positioned throughout our network to help with the recovery. We are working closely with our intermodal customers to move their containers out of the terminals and improve fluidity to our ramps.

We appreciate your patience and will continue to provide further updates. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Care & Support at 800-272-8777 or your Union Pacific representative.

Kenny Rocker
Executive Vice President, Marketing & Sales

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Penguins
I'm really tempted ... fighting the urge.
I had new documents added to my Tesla account. Turns out it was just my loan agreement. Extremely happy with the loan terms. I've lived most of my life not financing cars, but in my opinion it doesn't make cents to not utilize these low rates. I'm not a wallstreetbets super genius though.

I'm with ya - at 2.25% why not, it's close to free money. I was going to pay cash for the Performance I have on order, but I decided to finance 35K of it instead and take that 35K and buy TSLA stock. I want see how the decision pans out after a few years for fun. Betting I can pay for the car and interest over the term of the loan.

Reactions: hemikat
HI,

I ordered a White/Black AWD on 02/10 (Atlanta, GA) and just received the following text from Tesla:

Tesla Update - We are planning to deliver your Model 3 soon! It looks like you only have one pre-delivery task to complete: Payment Method. Please log into tesla.com/teslaaccount and submit all outstanding tasks as soon as possible to avoid any delays.

As a reminder, deliveries are prioritized on a first come, first served basis for customers who have submitted these tasks.

This is an automated reminder. For any questions, please visit tesla.com/deliveryday or reply to this text.

My estimated delivery is still March 10-31(I have not received a VIN)

I have not completed the payment step (loan) yet. Do you think it is actually close to delivery so soon after ordering?

Thanks!

Matt

HI,

I ordered a White/Black AWD on 02/10 (Atlanta, GA) and just received the following text from Tesla:

Tesla Update - We are planning to deliver your Model 3 soon! It looks like you only have one pre-delivery task to complete: Payment Method. Please log into tesla.com/teslaaccount and submit all outstanding tasks as soon as possible to avoid any delays.

As a reminder, deliveries are prioritized on a first come, first served basis for customers who have submitted these tasks.

This is an automated reminder. For any questions, please visit tesla.com/deliveryday or reply to this text.

My estimated delivery is still March 10-31(I have not received a VIN)

I have not completed the payment step (loan) yet. Do you think it is actually close to delivery so soon after ordering?

Thanks!

Matt
Yeah they want you to get the financing before promising a car for someone that may not commit to the deal