Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I woke up to mine saying the original estimate of 5-9 weeks from 1/31. Since everyone else seems to be estimated in weeks as well I suppose they are about to do a next round of estimate calcs. I also received an email from my S.A. with info on links to rebate forms, electricians and chargers. I was hoping it was the VIN email but alas no. So let's hold on to our collective butts cause these last few weeks before quarter end are going to be nail bitters.

Reactions: SeaM3White2021
@brianld @SeaM3White2021 - woke up from sleeping and decided to pop into my account. My delivery dates disappeared. Dates went from 3/15-3/31 to 3-6 weeks from delivery date. Hope this updated again to something more meaningful.
Same thing happened to me. It seems that this often happens prior to dates changing or more information, so for now I’m going to assume our VINs are right around the corner.

Reactions: SeaM3White2021
Just FYI: I opened a chat window with a sales associate on tesla.com and asked about the delivery window for new model 3s to compare that into with what the Utah SA is telling me. The online agent said that because of the recent ramp up in production, the normal delivery times of 3-7 weeks was changed to 1-3 so the chance of new orders being delayed beyond 1-3 weeks was "extremely unlikely". I found that interesting as the overwhelming majority of people in this thread have been waiting longer than 1-3 weeks.

:rolleyes:

Just like @DarkAbyss my dates continue to be pushed back into an ever-shrinking window.
Estimated March 28-31 (yesterday was 27-31).
No VIN
White on White, 19"
Kansas City

If this keeps up, I fear that I will be pushed into April. My SA has told me for the last two weeks that I should get my VIN 'this week'.
This is the first day that mine hasn't moved up! yesterday, it was 3/27 then It went back to 3/26 last night but back to 3/27 this morning. Last Friday and now this morning I get the "Complete your pre-delivery tasks" and I think it's ready...No VIN. white/white 18" michigan ordered 1/22

Just FYI: I opened a chat window with a sales associate on tesla.com and asked about the delivery window for new model 3s to compare that into with what the Utah SA is telling me. The online agent said that because of the recent ramp up in production, the normal delivery times of 3-7 weeks was changed to 1-3 so the chance of new orders being delayed beyond 1-3 weeks was "extremely unlikely". I found that interesting as the overwhelming majority of people in this thread have been waiting longer than 1-3 weeks.

:rolleyes:
I ordered 1/22 and it's always been 6-10 weeks in the delivery window.

This is the first car I've ordered custom from a manufacturer. Another member posted a few threads/pages back about an F150 custom order taking 8-12 weeks to be completed. I'm used to heading down to a dealer and buying something on the lot or from a private seller, so I think I've been spoiled. I think a little patience does me good. I tend to go through cars like toothbrushes, a new one every few months because I find something I don't like about them after driving them for a year or so :) Hopefully I like the M3 enough to keep it for several years. My last few cars have been:

1) 05' Acura TL (bought 2013
2) 2017 chevy volt (leased in 2016)
3) 2016 honda accord sport (swapped lease and bought in 2018)
4) 2015 WRX (bought 2019)
5) 2018 Audi S5 (financed 2020)

Here's to patience and dreams of early deliveries and free supercharging to all of us as we wait!

Reactions: HappyDude
This is the first car I've ordered custom from a manufacturer. Another member posted a few threads/pages back about an F150 custom order taking 8-12 weeks to be completed. I'm used to heading down to a dealer and buying something on the lot or from a private seller, so I think I've been spoiled. I think a little patience does me good. I tend to go through cars like toothbrushes, a new one every few months because I find something I don't like about them after driving them for a year or so :) Hopefully I like the M3 enough to keep it for several years. My last few cars have been:

1) 05' Acura TL (bought 2013
2) 2017 chevy volt (leased in 2016)
3) 2016 honda accord sport (swapped lease and bought in 2018)
4) 2015 WRX (bought 2019)
5) 2018 Audi S5 (financed 2020)

Here's to patience and dreams of early deliveries and free supercharging to all of us as we wait!
Ordering from a legacy car manufacturer doesnt look like this tho. You get a build slot assigned to you, there is no "matching" cars to your order, they track the thing like its a UPS package. Things could get weird with rail yards but if you live relatively close to the factory its a pretty straightforward process. When I custom ordered Mustangs 10 or so years ago those things would be delivered in like 4 weeks, clockwork. This Tesla procedure is not nearly as smooth as I expected it to be.

Order date: 1/22
Initial estimate: March 06 - March 31
Changed to: 6-10 weeks after order
Changed to: March 08 - March 28
Changed to: 6-10 weeks after order...
Changed to: March 02 - March 16
Changed to: 6-10 weeks after order..
Changed to: March 04 - March 24
Changed to: March 05 - March 23
Changed to: March 05 - March 24
Changed to: March 06 - March 24
Changed to: 6-10 weeks after order...
Changed to: March 08 - March 20
Changed to: March 09 - March 21
Changed to: March 10 - March 21
Changed to: March 11 - March 21
Changed to: March 12 - March 20
Changed to: March 12 - March 28
Changed to: 6-10 weeks after order ..

No VIN yet, basic LR build, in SoCal.

Ordering from a legacy car manufacturer doesnt look like this tho. You get a build slot assigned to you, there is no "matching" cars to your order, they track the thing like its a UPS package. Things could get weird with rail yards but if you live relatively close to the factory its a pretty straightforward process. When I custom ordered Mustangs 10 or so years ago those things would be delivered in like 4 weeks, clockwork. This Tesla procedure is not nearly as smooth as I expected it to be.
What is torturing me is there's this nice M3 LR AWD that parks a few days each week across the street from my work and takes advantage of the free charging at the library. I have to look out my window and see this, wondering when mine is going to arrive!

Hey all, pulled the trigger last night, ordered a white/black in NY. Was approved for the 2.49 loan pretty fast and asked for a better rate, got 2.39 from chase which isn't a huge change but every little bit helps.

And now the waiting game begins, kind of hoping I get lucky here and get it in this quarter.
Wow! just refreshed the website(after refreshing about 10 times today) and I have a Vin! Ordered last night at 6pm, Vin showed up at 12:45 today. Before the vin showed up I had a delivery date of March 26-31 and now I have 1-14 weeks.

After reading others seeing their specific date window change to a range of weeks, I fully expected the same. I'm showing a 15-30 March delivery window currently.
interesting only because mine changed this morning to 6-10 weeks from order yet again this morning and you still have dates.. i swear they change the info here every day just to let us know they are doing something. on a side note, I turn in my Bolt off Lease today. Fun car for last 3 years but nothing like M3 and Tesla. Only think I'll really miss is the rear view mirror that doubles as a video screen from the backup camera. I've become very accustomed to using this to see a wide angle view. I know the M3 has essentially the same thing on the screen but I really liked the rear view mirror.