Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is such a bad experience.

I've ordered ICE cars in the past. Through GM and Ford. Last car through Chevy didn't give us an EDD at all and called us when it was on the lot. I like the idea of Tesla's automatic updating EDD, but in cases here, it makes things worse. It's like when trying to lose weight, you don't want to constantly check your scale.

I've ordered ICE cars in the past. Through GM and Ford. Last car through Chevy didn't give us an EDD at all and called us when it was on the lot. I like the idea of Tesla's automatic updating EDD, but in cases here, it makes things worse. It's like when trying to lose weight, you don't want to constantly check your scale.
Agreed. I know weā€™re going to love our cars and probably forget about the crappy waiting experience, but there is definitely plenty of room for improvement here. If it makes you west coast guys feel any better, there will be a three day gap between getting my VIN and taking delivery, and Iā€™m in Utah. Once you get your VINs I bet delivery is just a day or two away. I hope you all get good news soon.

No VIN 3/22 - 3/30

2/4 Ordered
2/18 4 - 8 weeks from order placed date (I didn't record all the different days this appeared)
2/25 3/9 - 29
3/3 3/6 - 24
3/4 3/9 - 29
3/6 3/9 - 21
3/7 3/10 - 29
3/8 3/11 - 30
3/9 3/12 - 30
3/10 3/13 - 30
3/11 3/14 - 31
3/13 3/16 - 28
3/14 3/17 - 28
3/14 3/17 - 29
3/15 3/18 - 29
3/16 3/19 - 29
3/17 3/20 - 28
3/18 3/21 - 31
3/18 3/21 - 30
3/19 3/22 - 30

Currently sitting at 3/22 - 3/31 with no VIN. Ordered Dec 28, White LR AWD, the rest standard across the board. I called Portland just to see if they knew anymore than my SA and they actually said they can see a probable delivery of 3/26 so that's something. Hopefully lol

Currently sitting at 3/22 - 3/31 with no VIN. Ordered Dec 28, White LR AWD, the rest standard across the board. I called Portland just to see if they knew anymore than my SA and they actually said they can see a probable delivery of 3/26 so that's something. Hopefully lol
I'm sitting at the same delivery date range as you but ordered almost a month later (1/25). Crazy that Tesla is going to be able to churn out a month's worth of Washington state orders to deliver by end of quarter.

At least, that's what I'm hoping they can do because otherwise I'm definitely getting pushed into next quarter since I'm so far behind you in line lol.

Reactions: Jeff Davlt
Reached out to my SA to get an update after I got my VIN yesterday. He said the vehicle was just built yesterday, should be shipping shortly, and the earliest arrival date is expected to be 3/27. Still waiting on my delivery text to actually schedule delivery, but at least I know it'll be another week at a minimum, but still very likely to be before prior to months end. The waiting game is no fun, but I do love seeing progress!