Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting to hear that everyone's date moved up yesterday. Mine (LR/silver/black interior/aero wheels/Denver/Ordered 3/23) moved back by one day to May 18 - June 07. Go figure lol. I wished I could get the date narrowed down to an accurate time frame, I want to schedule the ceramic coating and ppf. They are about a month out for booking so I'd like to get on there soon.

Sorry to hear... I'm still hear waiting on my Black/White from Q1 after rejecting the first attempt and then having them match me to a car with black interior instead of white and rejecting it.
I agree, the old door panels look better for the white interior, not a deal breaker, but fingers crossed I get the old panels
Yeah I am not a fan of the new door panels. At least not for the black/white interior. I mean its not a crazy deal breaker or anything as the main attraction of the white interior is the seats themelve's and the wood delete, but still.

And they are already delivering VINs and delivering to the US eastern states? That's crazy. Maybe ill only have a month to wait then instead of 2. Just want a Tesla again.

Yeah I am not a fan of the new door panels. At least not for the black/white interior. I mean its not a crazy deal breaker or anything as the main attraction of the white interior is the seats themelve's and the wood delete, but still.

And they are already delivering VINs and delivering to the US eastern states? That's crazy. Maybe ill only have a month to wait then instead of 2. Just want a Tesla again.
I live in South Carolina, and am still waiting for a VIN, so not sure what's coming to the East Coast or when. I'm in the "8 - 12 weeks" category, and have been since releasing the hold on my order on 3/31. (LR/blue/white int/18-inch aero).

Interesting to hear that everyone's date moved up yesterday. Mine (LR/silver/black interior/aero wheels/Denver/Ordered 3/23) moved back by one day to May 18 - June 07. Go figure lol. I wished I could get the date narrowed down to an accurate time frame, I want to schedule the ceramic coating and ppf. They are about a month out for booking so I'd like to get on there soon.
The SA in Charlotte tells me you won't get a firm date until the system contacts you post-VIN and asks you to specify a delivery day.

I ordered March 27th and woke up to May 4th-13th, hopefully it sticks but I doubt it.
if this is true, i hope mine changes to a sooner date as well! i ordered just one day after u :).

No injuries what so ever. I actually never hit anyone. Someone in front of me went from 60-0 9with nothing in front of him) while I was taking an exit. I swerved and clipped the curb. Hard to tell exactly what happened, it all went so fast. Ill attach a picture. But the inside held up almost perfectly. The driver side window airbag protected me very well. Walked away without a single scratch, bruise, or soreness. Perhaps that night my lower back was a little sore but only about a 2 out of 10. My heart hurt worse than anything. Still don't know how the back end of my car got all smashed when I only clipped a curb, took out a very small sign, and smashed around in the rocks a bit. I actually traveled quite far from the site of impact to when I stopped. Not sure how it all happened. I just know the impact was rough as I bounced around in the car for a while.

Because I didnt hit anyone it easily could of been pinned as my fault but luckily thee was many witnesses that saw how he went from 60 to 0 out of no where. Hell I was like 4 car lengths behind him and still barely missed him. Oh well. I look at it this way... I am only out my 5k down payment of my first one and will have to pay about $50 more a month (due to a higher APR this go around) but my car will look better with the white interior and 19 inch turbine wheels this time.
im just glad you are ok. i know that the model 3 have been 5 stared by NHTSA but to live to tell the tale is very reassuring.
this time around, u are getting exactly the config u want. thats a great way of looking at an otherwise glitch in life hehehe.
excited for you bud and to all that are in this room !

My story is a little different - I ordered an in stock M3 LR AWD black with white interior on 19" wheels in the early morning hours of Friday, 4/2 and quickly assigned the VIN. Unfortunately, I would have had to pick it up by 3pm on Easter Sunday. That was not possible (I'm 4 hours away from the pick up location) so now I'm back in the queue. That's fine with me - great things tend to be worth the wait!

A question for others - when I log in to my Tesla account, I don't have any estimates in the delivery section. Is that an indicator there is a problem? I visited the Jacksonville, FL Tesla store yesterday and was assured that everything was copasetic...

Looking forward to officially joining the Tesla fam some time soon!

My story is a little different - I ordered an in stock M3 LR AWD black with white interior on 19" wheels in the early morning hours of Friday, 4/2 and quickly assigned the VIN. Unfortunately, I would have had to pick it up by 3pm on Easter Sunday. That was not possible (I'm 4 hours away from the pick up location) so now I'm back in the queue. That's fine with me - great things tend to be worth the wait!

A question for others - when I log in to my Tesla account, I don't have any estimates in the delivery section. Is that an indicator there is a problem? I visited the Jacksonville, FL Tesla store yesterday and was assured that everything was copasetic...

Looking forward to officially joining the Tesla fam some time soon!
It's an up and down for emotions waiting, sorry they wouldn't hold the first VIN assigned.
Your account page will drive you nuts, even knowing that I check it way to often, what you are seeing is no indication of a problem and just the norm, once an estimated date range shows be prepared for it to change often. :)

No injuries what so ever. I actually never hit anyone. Someone in front of me went from 60-0 9with nothing in front of him) while I was taking an exit. I swerved and clipped the curb. Hard to tell exactly what happened, it all went so fast. Ill attach a picture. But the inside held up almost perfectly. The driver side window airbag protected me very well. Walked away without a single scratch, bruise, or soreness. Perhaps that night my lower back was a little sore but only about a 2 out of 10. My heart hurt worse than anything. Still don't know how the back end of my car got all smashed when I only clipped a curb, took out a very small sign, and smashed around in the rocks a bit. I actually traveled quite far from the site of impact to when I stopped. Not sure how it all happened. I just know the impact was rough as I bounced around in the car for a while.

Because I didnt hit anyone it easily could of been pinned as my fault but luckily thee was many witnesses that saw how he went from 60 to 0 out of no where. Hell I was like 4 car lengths behind him and still barely missed him. Oh well. I look at it this way... I am only out my 5k down payment of my first one and will have to pay about $50 more a month (due to a higher APR this go around) but my car will look better with the white interior and 19 inch turbine wheels this time.
I am glad you are OK, the car can be replaced, but you cannot. You said that you were not sure what happened all the time. Is it possible that you might have hit your head and blacked out. I just bring this up, rather be safe than sorry, maybe you should have this checked out with your Dr.

My delivery also changed, I join the club, May 4-13.

It's an up and down for emotions waiting, sorry they wouldn't hold the first VIN assigned.
Your account page will drive you nuts, even knowing that I check it way to often, what you are seeing is no indication of a problem and just the norm, once an estimated date range shows be prepared for it to change often. :)
Appreciate the support - that's a great thing about this thread - we're all in the same boat together! 😁

I am glad you are OK, the car can be replaced, but you cannot. You said that you were not sure what happened all the time. Is it possible that you might have hit your head and blacked out. I just bring this up, rather be safe than sorry, maybe you should have this checked out with your Dr.

My delivery also changed, I join the club, May 4-13.
I hit it off the driver window airbag a little but no it was nothing like that. It was mostly just in the shock of it all. Like "OMG! My car! Is this really happening? OMG!". All happened so fast. I still have no idea how the back of my car ended up like that from a curb and a small sign. But oh well. Live and learn and move on. Getting the same car with better aesthetics this time :p

You won't have the date narrowed or nailed down until you accept the car and drive it off the lot.... hate to say it that way, those that have gone through the process can confirm. :)