Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s okay, I ordered mine on 3/23 and now it’s backed up to 6/08 - 6/30. Go figure lol
So close to twins! I ordered a M3 LR, midnight silver, black interior, aero wheels, no FSD, and i have the same current delivery dates. Only difference is I'm in the Springs, and I ordered 4/18. Can't imagine having this pain of excitement for a whole month longer like you. Here's hoping there's a truck with two M3LR in MSM with black interior coming to Colorado soon.

Reactions: Mastacater
So close to twins! I ordered a M3 LR, midnight silver, black interior, aero wheels, no FSD, and i have the same current delivery dates. Only difference is I'm in the Springs, and I ordered 4/18. Can't imagine having this pain of excitement for a whole month longer like you. Here's hoping there's a truck with two M3LR in MSM with black interior coming to Colorado soon.
And a Red/Black M3LR AWD. I think all three of us will be taking delivery at the same time.

Reactions: PikesPeak
So these issues are common then. It is kind of sad to receive a new car and get it serviced immediately.
As I understand it, this is a weird quirk of the Tesla business model. Other brands will send their cars to the dealership, and the dealership will correct and fix adjustments before putting the cars on the lot and selling them.

Just today driving around Redmond WA, I noticed a BMW M4 with its trunk gap misaligned... and normally I just don't care about that kind of stuff.

I think it's just Tesla haters nitpicking. I'm glad to know all the supposed "fit and finish" "issues" are easy to fix by the local delivery service center, or just do it yourself. I used to be a car DIY'er

Ordered a MSM/Black, 18" wheels, No FSD. Estimated Delivery: June 14 - June 30.

One potential hangup is delivery. Tesla doesn't have a presence in NM due to a strong Auto Dealers Association so I have to do a home delivery for a $750 fee. The mgr. at the service center in El Paso said they do this and a friend in town here had a MY delivered last year. But when I placed my order last night and filled in my address it said they don't deliver to that address yet. I would need to pick up the car in Colorado Springs or Denver. Those options are 600-700 miles away and just won't be happening. If they won't deliver I'll have to cancel the order and I'm guessing Tesla will keep my $100 even though they told me they would deliver. Not off to a good start.

One potential hangup is delivery. Tesla doesn't have a presence in NM due to a strong Auto Dealers Association so I have to do a home delivery for a $750 fee. The mgr. at the service center in El Paso said they do this and a friend in town here had a MY delivered last year. But when I placed my order last night and filled in my address it said they don't deliver to that address yet. I would need to pick up the car in Colorado Springs or Denver. Those options are 600-700 miles away and just won't be happening. If they won't deliver I'll have to cancel the order and I'm guessing Tesla will keep my $100 even though they told me they would deliver. Not off to a good start.
Yes, this is confusing. I spoke to a SA when I test drove and he said he can arrange the delivery there. I was not ready to purchase yet and when I ordered online, I had the same experience. I chose to pickup in Springfield, NJ (about an 8 hour drive from my home in Northern NH) and will actually stick with that. However, when my SA reached out to me on the phone, she asked if I wanted to have it delivered. I chose not to take that option, as I do not want a third-party delivery company to be handling my new car. So just wait for your SA to reach out to you and ask them about that option :)

There is a thread somewhere from a guy in Florida who encountered a similar situation. They offered a couple options. The guy ended up loving the car.

Question for you guys... I watched a bunch of videos and read some articles on Tesla's plans for the 2022 models. It seems very much agreed upon among Tesla insiders that the model 3 will be seeing a 8-10k price drop next year due to the new battery. I am worried about buying this car and losing 10k on my purchase. The Canadian price for my car is 70k+ with tax so Im worried that the price will drop and if I ever try to trade in or resell it I'll be screwed. I am just curious about your thoughts. Do you think its wise for Tesla to drop their prices this much in only a year. Could screw over everyone who has bought thus far.

Question for you guys... I watched a bunch of videos and read some articles on Tesla's plans for the 2022 models. It seems very much agreed upon among Tesla insiders that the model 3 will be seeing a 8-10k price drop next year due to the new battery. I am worried about buying this car and losing 10k on my purchase. The Canadian price for my car is 70k+ with tax so Im worried that the price will drop and if I ever try to trade in or resell it I'll be screwed. I am just curious about your thoughts. Do you think its wise for Tesla to drop their prices this much in only a year. Could screw over everyone who has bought thus far.
Given the demand, it would be insane for them to drop prices. They should pocket the profit. I don't think they would sell more cars if they dropped the price unless a) they create another entry-level model AND b) they can ramp up production significantly. There are supply chain challenges as well as production capacity challenges that are completely unrelated to the batteries IMO.

They out-compete other brands on the battery-side of things so there is 0 concerns about the competition on that regard as well. Besides, there is no reason to belive that the new battery breakthrough will be applied to the M3. It was my understanding that they will start with S, X, Y and then 3. So probably 3-5 years out.

Reactions: PerfectNumber

You're not the only one. I put my $100 down specifically for an In-Invoice car (selected from a URL that a Sales Rep sent to me) at the end of March, and got a VIN. A few days later the VIN disappeared, so now I'm on the waiting list or out my $100. Called and they said that the car was sold to someone else. Not off to a good start.

Yes, this is confusing. I spoke to a SA when I test drove and he said he can arrange the delivery there. I was not ready to purchase yet and when I ordered online, I had the same experience. I chose to pickup in Springfield, NJ (about an 8 hour drive from my home in Northern NH) and will actually stick with that. However, when my SA reached out to me on the phone, she asked if I wanted to have it delivered. I chose not to take that option, as I do not want a third-party delivery company to be handling my new car. So just wait for your SA to reach out to you and ask them about that option :)

There is a thread somewhere from a guy in Florida who encountered a similar situation. They offered a couple options. The guy ended up loving the car.

I contacted the Service Center Mgr. in El Paso who I talked to about delivery but he is in meetings out of town. He said he would have someone from the SC look into my order and find out what was going on.

I'd wouldn't mind picking it up but don't have any way of getting to the SC 600+ miles away. Really, the only workable option for me if I want a Tesla is have a 3rd party delivery. As much as I don't want to go in that direction I do really want the car after experiencing them first hand on test drives so am taking the risk which I may end up regretting I know.

I'll update when I find out what is going on.

Reactions: Jason1652
Given the demand, it would be insane for them to drop prices. They should pocket the profit. I don't think they would sell more cars if they dropped the price unless a) they create another entry-level model AND b) they can ramp up production significantly. There are supply chain challenges as well as production capacity challenges that are completely unrelated to the batteries IMO.

They out-compete other brands on the battery-side of things so there is 0 concerns about the competition on that regard as well. Besides, there is no reason to belive that the new battery breakthrough will be applied to the M3. It was my understanding that they will start with S, X, Y and then 3. So probably 3-5 years out.
I read from multiple sources that Tesla plans to change the batteries in the model Y and 3 for next year. They will be switching to lithium iron phosphate batteries from the current lithium nickel cobalt aluminum oxide. Apparently these batteries are much cheaper to produce so the prices are expected to drop by 8-10K US.

Reactions: EVxdream