Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is most frustrating for me is the timing to apply for financing. I have it as cash for now and then contact them to change it to financing. With it being the 17th, I have a safe margin in having 60 days and should be able to take delivery by July 17th. With past few deliveries from having VIN pairing and delivery being within 1-3 days, is that still enough time to have them change it, apply, etc or would that lead to potentially delaying delivery and them giving away that car to someone else?

What is most frustrating for me is the timing to apply for financing. I have it as cash for now and then contact them to change it to financing. With it being the 17th, I have a safe margin in having 60 days and should be able to take delivery by July 17th. With past few deliveries from having VIN pairing and delivery being within 1-3 days, is that still enough time to have them change it, apply, etc or would that lead to potentially delaying delivery and them giving away that car to someone else?
My understanding is that once you. get the VIN, you most frequently still got a good week or two to figure that out. Most banks can confirm within 24-48 hours. So the only cases that would be nasty is if you get your VIN and then delivery is like the next day or next next day.

For what it's worth, when I placed my order back in April, I made an appointment to my bank for June 1st. Up until yesterday, my dates were "end of May" to "mid june". Based on Q1 reports and some who were hinted dates by their SAs, I figured the actual date to be around June 5th at the earliest. If my dates were still earlier than June 1st, I was planning to reach out to my SA today to hear his thoughts on loan applications. But yesterday it all got pushed to mid June to end of June. But this morning it went back to end of May to mid June+. My gut feeling is that VINs will start coming today or next Monday for orders older than April 16th. So I will wait until tomorrow at least before reaching out.

I mean, if the date is not June 1st (a Tuesday) it will be later and I can get the loan kick started on my appointment. I am confident I'll get my unit before July 1st. So 30 days from June 2nd-3rd should be good. Unless by then I know it will be later than, say, June 8th in which case I can delay a week.

How are the VIN's coming in? On the Manage page, you getting a text or email?
Yes.

It depends on your delivery person I think. Some will use text, others emails. I am assuming there is some backend CRM and the email/text pipe might t go through semi randomly. For my order, I got email first then texts later. It is possible the VIN appears on your order page before you get the email and/or text/phone call.

Going back to page 130 of the thread you can see what happened last quarter. The VINs started dropping around the 8th of March. A whole lot of nothing and changing delivery times (looks exactly like what's happening to us) leading up to the 8th and then a constant stream of VINs each day after the 8th. The 8th was a Monday in March so maybe the 7th of June will be our day.....D-Day+1
While ur at this, when did they started getting there actually delivery dates on march??

My understanding is that once you. get the VIN, you most frequently still got a good week or two to figure that out. Most banks can confirm within 24-48 hours. So the only cases that would be nasty is if you get your VIN and then delivery is like the next day or next next day.

For what it's worth, when I placed my order back in April, I made an appointment to my bank for June 1st. Up until yesterday, my dates were "end of May" to "mid june". Based on Q1 reports and some who were hinted dates by their SAs, I figured the actual date to be around June 5th at the earliest. If my dates were still earlier than June 1st, I was planning to reach out to my SA today to hear his thoughts on loan applications. But yesterday it all got pushed to mid June to end of June. But this morning it went back to end of May to mid June+. My gut feeling is that VINs will start coming today or next Monday for orders older than April 16th. So I will wait until tomorrow at least before reaching out.

I mean, if the date is not June 1st (a Tuesday) it will be later and I can get the loan kick started on my appointment. I am confident I'll get my unit before July 1st. So 30 days from June 2nd-3rd should be good. Unless by then I know it will be later than, say, June 8th in which case I can delay a week.
I ordered april 17th and have a may 31st to june 18th date as of now. I figure the same as you that anyone with in that week will get the vin either this week or next. After emailing the SC I found out that the cars were being built last week/this week and will be allocated shortly.

I would love it earlier but at this point I dont forsee this car hitting my hands till the second week in June. It also seems that north east orders all get the same dates or places in the general area get the same dates

I honestly think they do this in batches and right now either 1 or 2 things is happening. Either the cars are being assembled this week and will be on a truck next week or two they have been built and now they are being loaded and transported.

Also dont forget memorial day which is next weekend. I think for most of us in the north east we will end up with our vins the end of this week and if everything holds correct we will take delivery the second week in june. which does line up with last quarters push