Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Count your blessings my man. Mines pushed all the way to june 7-27th...
On the 26th, my finance approval will expire (marks 90 days, yes, in canada, atleast toronto, approvals are valid for 90 days).

Not really sure what to expect now. Ive pumped countless gas again waiting for the car to arrive.

Ya my financing expires July 6th, I better have my car by then or I am pulling the plug and will save up more, and re-order in Q1 2022.

Ya my financing expires July 6th, I better have my car by then or I am pulling the plug and will save up more, and re-order in Q1 2022.
yikes man. would really be bummed if i miss the 2% APR just cuz of logistic delays etc.
everything is set on my end. just waiting for teslas move now...
texted my SA about 2 hrs ago. will see what she says (-_-)'
hoping she'll give me some insider gleaming light of hope.

SA said "do not look at the eta". we are running out of spaces for cars (indicating its flowing). also getting deliveries soon according to her. she sees things differently infront of her but cannot disclose ANYTHING to me. alittle hopeful again.

she also said it is important to finish EVERYTHING (including finances etc etc) on your profile (which i have) so that when THEY receive a car? they can match it with people whose completed their profile. when they see "PENDING" they move to the next person who has completed their profile.

take that with a grain of salt, but as for me, id hate to get overlooked hence, completing my profile and finances from the get go.

SA said "do not look at the eta". we are running out of spaces for cars (indicating its flowing). also getting deliveries soon according to her. she sees things differently infront of her but cannot disclose ANYTHING to me. alittle hopeful again.

she also said it is important to finish EVERYTHING (including finances etc etc) on your profile (which i have) so that when THEY receive a car? they can match it with people whose completed their profile. when they see "PENDING" they move to the next person who has completed their profile.

take that with a grain of salt, but as for me, id hate to get overlooked hence, completing my profile and finances from the get go.
If Fremont's lots are filling up, there's plenty of us Californians who are willing to take it from their hands, also wouldn't mind a couple hour drive to pick it up there lol.

I've done the financing but can't give them insurance in my state until I have a VIN...

Reached out to my SA since ordering to see what they had to say on the matter. They stated they are being regulated by the service team to keep deliveries going and that they still expect a June delivery for myself.

My fear is since it seems like there is a decent chance of my 3 is sitting on the lot just waiting for this mess to clear that VIN to delivery could be in a matter of days as posted earlier, I plan to switch from cash to financing. I did ask if for whatever reason I went past the 60 days the application is good for, would the recheck be a hard or soft pull and they indicated soft. Any truth to that?

Reactions: EVxdream
A bit of reason for optimism: This morning I received both a voicemail and a text from Tesla - the Fremont headquarters, not my local dealership. The text said, "Congratulations on recently placing your Model 3 order! This is the Tesla Order Support team, and we will be here to assist you throughout the delivery process of your vehicle. Please call us at your earliest convenience, as we would like to discuss your order details with you." I called and spoke with a representative, hoping they were going to tell me that it would be delivered in the next week or two. Alas, it was just a check-in call to see if I had any questions. However, I did take the opportunity to ask if she knew the expected delivery date. She said mid- to late June, and told me that they ship to the East Coast first and then move westwards in an effort to maximize deliveries for the quarter. I thought that was interesting.

Here are the details of my order:
Ordered: 04/18/2021
Delivery: Salt Lake City
Model: Long Range, White-on-White
Payment method: Cash

I've been checking the web site every day, AM and PM, and reported delivery times have been all over the place, from as short as 2 days to as long as 66 days. My takeaway is that the web site is completely nuts and shouldn't be given much attention. That said, my current delivery window shows June 09-29, which is consistent with what the representative told me. It's shown that for the past 3 days. I have not yet received a VIN.

A bit of reason for optimism: This morning I received both a voicemail and a text from Tesla - the Fremont headquarters, not my local dealership. The text said, "Congratulations on recently placing your Model 3 order! This is the Tesla Order Support team, and we will be here to assist you throughout the delivery process of your vehicle. Please call us at your earliest convenience, as we would like to discuss your order details with you." I called and spoke with a representative, hoping they were going to tell me that it would be delivered in the next week or two. Alas, it was just a check-in call to see if I had any questions. However, I did take the opportunity to ask if she knew the expected delivery date. She said mid- to late June, and told me that they ship to the East Coast first and then move westwards in an effort to maximize deliveries for the quarter. I thought that was interesting.

I've been checking the web site every day, AM and PM, and reported delivery times have been all over the place, from as short as 2 days to as long as 66 days. My takeaway is that the web site is completely nuts and shouldn't be given much attention. That said, my current delivery window shows June 09-29, which is consistent with what the representative told me. It's shown that for the past 3 days. I have not yet received a VIN.
I noticed that updates can happen bewteen 7-8 AM and PM as reported here by others but I also got updates between 12-1PM. Ordered 15th and dates currently are June 2nd to 18th. There is a window from 2nd to 11th that is common to ALL date ranges I ever were given so I am expecting getting the VIN around the 2nd or so and the delivery within the week of the 9th... or the one after. Pure gut feeling based on what I saw going in for Q1 and the steadiness of my dates relative being mid Atlantic and having ordered relatively early.

Just contacted my SA (tried to- he was on the phone) and another SA jumped in and I just wanted to pick his brain on whats going on.

- He said that fremont thing is definitely the real deal. But according to what he was looking at, most will get at the 'Factory Gate' by June 15-16 (meaning delivery will follow 2-3 days after that). He did also say that it can be sooner.
- For sh!ts and giggles, i asked him about existing inventory. he came back with 2 but super far from me. But one stood out to me, 100 miles away from me is a white M3 LR w/ black interior and 18" wheels, with a manufactured date of 3/29. It had $700 worth of paint damage (someone dinged it) and it was fixed on 4/22. He said there was a discount of 2k on it. Long story short, he matched me with it, and im supposed to take delivery this weekend lol.
- My original order was on 5/3 M3 LR Blue w/ Black interior and 19" wheels. I'm also fond of white so it wasn't a big deal, and wheels i can upgrade anytime.

I'm located in Los Angeles btw

Last edited:

Why does it goes east to west first if it's shipping from Fremont California? Shipping from shanghai is understandable, though :/