Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is promising and exciting to hear someone in California is receiving their car this week! When did you order??
I think he found one that had gone into existing inventory somewhere because it needed some paint repaired before it could be sold and had it shipped to him
Yep. This random SA found me one that had $700 worth of paint damage (according to him someone prolly scratched it while transporting etc) and it had a 2k discount. Totally random and he was surprised it wasnt picked up yet. Had like a 3/29 build date. According to him its the refreshed version etc.

Reactions: ytfsic
The picture of my car disappeared in my account! hahaha
This is like a Back To The Future scenario
Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 2.37.10 PM.png

Reactions: Jaredspink
Just some more data points if anyone finds it helpful.

I also applied through Tesla Financing yesterday (5/19/21) since the expected 60 day approval is about 2 weeks (delay buffer) past the back end of my delivery estimate (6/9 - 6/30).

Received almost instant approval for 60 months @ 2.49% from Wells Fargo.
Then applied with PenFed and was approved for 1.99%, still 60 months. From PenFed's Contact Support page, I asked if they could email me an approval confirmation.

I then forwarded that 1.99% confirmation to [email protected] (based on suggestions on "Tesla Loan Comparison" thread) stating I recived a better rate as shown and asked if the 2.49% rate could be improved. They forwarded my request to [email protected]. Based on suggestions on this thread, seems I should have sent the request to [email protected].

All of this happened within minutes, but after hours (~6pm Pacific) yesterday, so still waiting for a response, but also checking Tesla account to see if rate has been updated.

Delivery estimate updates:
Ordered 4/7: 6/1-6/30
5/6: 6/8-6/30
5/13: 6/9-6/30
5/18: 6/15-6/30
5/19: 6/9-6/30 (current)
5/19: Submitted Tesla Financing loan application.

Delivery to Costa Mesa, California.
M3LR, Blue with Black, 18", without FSD.
Rate Match Update:
Just got an email reply back from [email protected] saying they have updated my account to match the 1.99% (60 months) rate from PenFed.

But seems the Tesla account system is still down, so I can't confirm the update yet.

Will accept Tesla's match (presumably still with Wells Fargo) just to keep the loan within the Tesla ecosystem for a better chance of a more seamless process.

Also saw this link (which I had not seen before) in the email I received which explains the Rate Match Guarantee details.

So has anyone in the US received the latest Model 3 with the updated door panels and heated steering wheel? Or is this batch going to be the first?
Anecdotally -- My husband claims that he's seen 3 new M3Ps in the Seattle area (2 white, one red) with the new headlights and doors (which would presumably include the heated steering wheel), but I haven't seen them and I haven't heard anyone on here report delivery.