Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No Radar? I drive east in the mornings with the sun directly in my face and home with the sun directly in my face. The Colorado sun (well you know what I mean) at 6500-7250 AGL is simply brutal. My daughter's Subaru with Eye-sight cuts out frequently because of the sun but my wife's Accord, with radar, works like a charm. No radar, yikes.... I was also driving the Accord once in heavy morning fog and the radar (on cruise control) picked up a crash in the lane in front of me (put the brakes on and began to slow) before I even had any visual of the crash. No camera could have done that.
Did Tesla just not consider this scenario as important? There's no reason to rely on video alone when radar would be quicker (I guess?) for the task of object detection. I'd want to know in foggy conditions if there's something in the road up ahead. I don't care what -I just want to know so I can slow down and be prepared to take action.

Reactions: PerfectNumber
So I’ll share the info I found on the radar subject. Seems like this will just be a plus and the issues we suspected shouldn’t be a problem. Sounds like we might just be getting a nice surprise!

Attachments

• CD8BD594-95DD-4F36-89D7-276584269B63.jpeg
    CD8BD594-95DD-4F36-89D7-276584269B63.jpeg
    943.2 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Apologies if this was covered before, but logged in today and my order has disappear from the account page. My Anyone else getting this or is it me? Should I contact my SA?

Attachments

• blank tesla.PNG
    blank tesla.PNG
    259.7 KB · Views: 53
There have been sources saying that this is what our model are waiting for, the software update for this new vision hardware that is. Not sure how credible they are so can’t say for a fact. Which would make sense. Also if you go to the model y/3 page on Tesla’s website it has been updated with this new info.

Reactions: btenison
ugh... honestly I'm not sure whether I like the idea of relying purely on cameras. For me it's good to have radar at least as a complement.
I have been driving a Subaru Outback with EyeSight since 2015. As far as I understand it uses two forward facing cameras to create stereo vision and uses them for lane departure warnings and adaptive cruise control. It has performed quite well over the time. I have only had some false collision warnings due to low hanging trees. Those happen maybe once or twice a year. Other then that they have been flawless.

Model 3 LR AWD in Red, 18", no FSD ordered on 5/13 to be delivered to Decatur in Atlanta GA. Has shown 5-11 weeks since ordering with no update since. Curious to see anyone else with orders in the Atlanta area this quarter
I ordered the exact same day, same car except in white. My delivery estimate has been mostly June 17th - June 30th since then. Once it moved to June 11th -June 30th and once it said 5-11 weeks for like half the day. That is for a CA delivery by the way.

I have been driving a Subaru Outback with EyeSight since 2015. As far as I understand it uses two forward facing cameras to create stereo vision and uses them for lane departure warnings and adaptive cruise control. It has performed quite well over the time. I have only had some false collision warnings due to low hanging trees. Those happen maybe once or twice a year. Other then that they have been flawless.
agreed. I have a 2020 Crosstrek. The eyesight has been outstanding.

Was trying to order a wall charger...no luck!
I scored a Gen2 wall charger and installed it on Friday.. well, finishing it tomorrow since I couldn't find any 60A breakers. Upgraded the house to 200A and put a 100A subpanel in the garage.. probably 15 min work left to get the charger all wired up.. just another thing to look at while I wait.. and wait.. and wait.. tomorrow is 60 days waiting..

Reactions: Doge-1