Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Almost all buy side complaints. They want the car and title so they move when buying. My buddy sold them a 4Runner last week and car is picked up and check is in his hands.
I will be the voice of moderation on this... lol...

I sold to Vroom and their offer was crazy high.
In the end, they took my car and gave me the money promised.

But you CAN expect some added leg work required.

It took nearly two weeks to get the pickup scheduled because they "were busy" and couldn't call the bank to get the payoff letter. So I offered to do it for them to expedite the process.

They then contracted the pickup to RPM Logistics who then subcontracted it to a "guy with a truck" (GWAT).
The GWAT didn't follow Vrooms instructions and refused to provide a BOL on pickup stating that it would be sent by RPM by the end of the day... It wasn't.

Vroom then refused to release payment initially because there was no BOL. It took 4 days of back and forth between Vroom, RPM, and GWAT to get it all sorted out, and then processing time for the check and ACH...

Like I said, in the end it all worked out... but the whole process took nearly a month and required a lot of work on my end.

Reactions: travis3000
Really?! Hmmm ok thanks for the info. Going to do my now
also go on KBB.com and they have an instant offer option. I did this, and within 30 seconds of hitting submit, I had 4 local car dealerships calling me wanting to buy my 4runner. I ended up going with one of the dealerships. They offered me way more than Tesla and I was in and out with a check in my hand in less than 30 minutes. They not only paid off the remainder of my loan, but I walked out with a 20k check. Easiest thing ever!

Reactions: hatully and l8er
I'll take this than the haggling, extra fees/warranty, spam and so on I deal with at dealerships any day
I wouldn’t but Tesla’s cars are so bad ass we deal with it 🤣 I’ve always gotten great rates and enjoy getting my car same day. But in all honesty been wanting a Tesla for so long now and after I test drove I knew I didn’t want any other car.

Reactions: Sandee3
2021 Tesla Model 3 Long Range
White exterior
Black Interior
18’ Aero Wheels

Order Placed:
May 17, 2021
Trade-in Completed and accepted: May 20, 2021 (Audi S4 2018) got some credit from trade in. Was surprised to see how much I got back for the car. If I traded in through Audi I was go upside down on my payments. I’m actually positive and enough to pay off the car and get more than enough to cover down payment for Tesla.
Loan Approval: May 18, 2021
Insurance Uploaded: May 20, 2021
ETA Delivery: June 14, 2021 - June 30, 2021 since order was placed - PENDING UPDATE
Tesla Delivery Location: Buena Park, CA
Delivering to Carson, Ca.

I’ve been checking updates every day by the hour, every hour. I’m just excited! Ordered accessories. Planned trip to Vegas in July. I didn’t expect to get a new car but this would be good to experience driving a Tesla from LA to Vegas! Family is excited af! Free charging at work. Waaaay Cheaper insurance per estimate compared to what I have now. Registration was only $230ish (wow). Already installed home charger with an upgrade to power outlet. Might be picking up a Model Y today for my spouse.
Interesting. I ordered the exact same car. Order placed: May 13, 2021. Estimated delivery June 17th, June30th. Nor cal delivery. I really wonder how they come up with these delivery dates.

Interesting. I ordered the exact same car. Order placed: May 13, 2021. Estimated delivery June 17th, June30th. Nor cal delivery. I really wonder how they come up with these delivery dates.
I'm wondering that too!

I ordered a LR midnight silver, black interior, 18' Aero wheels back on April 6, for a delivery in Fremont, and my estimated time is June 7-27 as of yesterday. I was hoping that since I'm going to Fremont that I would be one of the first but it doesn't seem that way :(

I'm wondering that too!

I ordered a LR midnight silver, black interior, 18' Aero wheels back on April 6, for a delivery in Fremont, and my estimated time is June 7-27 as of yesterday. I was hoping that since I'm going to Fremont that I would be one of the first but it doesn't seem that way :(
They hired the "who's line is it anyway?" crew to set the dates, where everything is made up and the delivery dates don't matter

I'm wondering that too!

You also ordered 5 weeks, 2 days before me yet your early delivery window is only 10 days ahead of mine and you late window only 3 days. I think the delay has caused a lot of orders to stack up and once the supposed firmware comes out there will be a flood of orders filled.

Reactions: ReturnZero
You also ordered 5 weeks, 2 days before me yet your early delivery window is only 10 days ahead of mine and you late window only 3 days. I think the delay has caused a lot of orders to stack up and once the supposed firmware comes out there will be a flood of orders filled.
Yep that would make sense! Hopefully there will be a lot of happy people soon...

Emailed my SA to see if he's heard anything. His reply to me this morning. "Nothing yet but we should know early this week!"
They sure are short to the point but who knows...
Hopefully he was right, they definitely don't give as much info over email.

I briefly got in the site to see my delivery date range go from june 12 - june 30th to 7 weeks to 10 weeks. Had that ambigious range before but after seeing the reports that there are piles of cars at the Raleigh SC, I wouldn't be surprised they're ready to go, just need that firmware update to get going

Deliveries in Q1 mostly happened on that timeline as well.
Yep, if you look at the tracking spreadsheet which shows VINs delivered per week it appears like they happen in waves with about 8 weeks between waves. We are just now approaching the next wave. I am assuming we will see a lot of deliveries ramping up the month of June with the peak the last two weeks of June. I guess it all depends on the firmware delay.

1621891907135.png

Reactions: travis3000 and sroy