Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IT Director of a Healthcare Nonprofit here ;) And former Azure Engineer...

I agree... There are a number of configuration issues on the backend that could be contributing, or simply not performing any real time analysis and smart scaling. I can say that I'm pretty confident that that is not all it is doing though, because every time our customer facing side goes down it seems that internal facing side goes down as well. Regardless a little bit of monitoring and automated scaling would seem to solve a lot of the issue.

However, as you said this system is clearly not a priority for Tesla, and once I have my car, I will never give it another thought lol.

I figured something like that (so I was kinda thinking of what it could be. it's not the front-end though. once it makes the request, it's radio silence waiting for a reply.. then either times out or the webserver just serves whatever it has available.. (probably why we saw Andrew getting all the cars a while back)..

It's broken and I don't trust any of the dates it is spitting out (currently 1-13 weeks). I bet they tried to scale out and made it worse.

Mostly just watching this thread and getting a good laugh.. everyone suffering the wait.. as long as I have it before lockdown is over here I am happy.. I plan on a Toronto - BC road trip stopping some of our datacentres along the way...

I figured something like that (so I was kinda thinking of what it could be. it's not the front-end though. once it makes the request, it's radio silence waiting for a reply.. then either times out or the webserver just serves whatever it has available.. (probably why we saw Andrew getting all the cars a while back)..

It's broken and I don't trust any of the dates it is spitting out (currently 1-13 weeks). I bet they tried to scale out and made it worse.

Mostly just watching this thread and getting a good laugh.. everyone suffering the wait.. as long as I have it before lockdown is over here I am happy.. I plan on a Toronto - BC road trip stopping some of our datacentres along the way...
Agreed... I'd love to make a Vancity trip as soon as the border to the US opens back up

1621912504660.png

Reactions: JoJa15
I scored a Gen2 wall charger and installed it on Friday.. well, finishing it tomorrow since I couldn't find any 60A breakers. Upgraded the house to 200A and put a 100A subpanel in the garage.. probably 15 min work left to get the charger all wired up.. just another thing to look at while I wait.. and wait.. and wait.. tomorrow is 60 days waiting..
60 days waiting! I feel for you. Hopefully your pain ends soon.

Back up and showing 5/26-6/12. It's also showing a mock insurance card that I believe is new?
I now see the insurance card I had uploaded as proof of insurance (since in California, does not have to be VIN specific) and a currently inactive button for "Get a Tesla Insurance quote".

Since it says "you'll be able to purchase as your delivery date approaches", guessing VIN/delivery will be close when the Tesla Insurance button becomes active.

Dates remained the same as 6/14 - 6/30 to Costa Mesa, CA.

I now see the insurance card I had uploaded as proof of insurance (since in California, does not have to be VIN specific) and a currently inactive button for "Get a Tesla Insurance quote".

Since it says "you'll be able to purchase as your delivery date approaches", guessing VIN/delivery will be close when the Tesla Insurance button becomes active.

Dates remained the same as 6/14 - 6/30 to Costa Mesa, CA.
I'm also 6/14-6/30 in Costa Mesa... Here's hoping for 6/14...See you there!

Reactions: Ace777
Same here. Still stuck at 8-12 weeks. Have any of you that are using the Raleigh SC heard from or had communication w a SA?
I'm in Charlotte but my SA told me he has no idea and hopefully I'll be assigned a VIN soon and then he can give me a better estimate. Ordered 4/1, I was told when I ordered that I should have a car by the end of April, that was a lie

Reactions: bman325i