Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 3/11. Picking up from Palm Springs. My delivery window is 5/25-5/28. I recieved an email about completing my order (basically agreeing to the new information about the camera vs. radar) and then it asked me to enter insurance info (California doesn’t need to show Tesla VIN) and then it took me to my account page and there it was in all its glory. Now I’m just pacing around my office waiting for updates, texts, emails or anything!

Ordered 3/11. Picking up from Palm Springs. My delivery window is 5/25-5/28. I recieved an email about completing my order (basically agreeing to the new information about the camera vs. radar) and then it asked me to enter insurance info (California doesn’t need to show Tesla VIN) and then it took me to my account page and there it was in all its glory. Now I’m just pacing around my office waiting for updates, texts, emails or anything!
Just out of curiosity, up until you got your VIN, what was your estimated delivery date showing as?

Exciting!

Can I ask what you mean by "California doesn't need to show Tesla VIN"?

Also, do any other Californians know how common auto insurance companies compare with Tesla's own insurance? This is my first car so I have some preliminary quotes from some agencies but not Tesla yet...