Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OMG I GOT A VIN NUMBER!!! BUT MY ESTIMATE DATES DISAPPEARED!!

I refreshed the page and got the order update message. When I clicked "proceed with delivery", there was a VIN attached!! Norcal here. Ordered back in Q1 but had to put it on hold before I could take delivery in March. For those curious, the VIN shows up right under your order number on the page.

Whew - whirlwind of a morning. Received a VIN last night, and the delivery dates were blank. They updated this morning to 5/28-5/31. Not ideal, as we are heading out of town for the long weekend.

Received a call and email from the Fremont delivery team, saying that they would deliver my car on 5/29. Someone (not the SA I've been emailing with) called me to talk through delivery.
  • I told him we are away for the weekend, and asked if there was flexibility on delivery date. He said they could not push it back, but they could pull it forward within a ~3 day window. Getting the car delivered tomorrow!! Appointment is anytime from 9a-6p.
  • At least near me, everything is being delivered direct, with no option to go to the location and pick it up.
  • To receive delivery tomorrow, I need to:
    • Sign final paperwork
    • Approve my loan (handled through tesla)
    • Send remaining balance (I'm financing the entire thing, so this is taxes + fees)
    • Upload insurance info
Otherwise, that's it! Hang in there folks :)

After my 3 day move to the left to June 8 this morning, I just lost a day - now showing June 9.

Money Pit vibes.
twoweeks.png

While the early part of my window keeps on slipping. It jumped from June 6th to 8th yesterday. Now just slipped to June 9th. Still have June 24th as the back end of the window.

But I am not holding my breath to accuracy given those who were VIN matched had mid June to end of June estimates. I just need a date where I won't be out of town. Like next week please. :)

Whew - whirlwind of a morning. Received a VIN last night, and the delivery dates were blank. They updated this morning to 5/28-5/31. Not ideal, as we are heading out of town for the long weekend.

Received a call and email from the Fremont delivery team, saying that they would deliver my car on 5/29. Someone (not the SA I've been emailing with) called me to talk through delivery.
  • I told him we are away for the weekend, and asked if there was flexibility on delivery date. He said they could not push it back, but they could pull it forward within a ~3 day window. Getting the car delivered tomorrow!! Appointment is anytime from 9a-6p.
  • At least near me, everything is being delivered direct, with no option to go to the location and pick it up.
  • To receive delivery tomorrow, I need to:
    • Sign final paperwork
    • Approve my loan (handled through tesla)
    • Send remaining balance (I'm financing the entire thing, so this is taxes + fees)
    • Upload insurance info
Otherwise, that's it! Hang in there folks :)
Nice!!! Congrats, that's super cool that they moved you up instead of back! What state are you located in?