Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heard from my SA, no vin match as of yet… 3-13 week Blahblahblah… if it’s north of three weeks someone else who ordered a MSM, with 28 aero’s and black interior in NY may be in luck. Not enjoying the CS experience as cool as the car may be.
Looks like we're in the same boat. Still don't have an EDD on my account but was finally able to get someone to tell me through chat that I'm 3-13 weeks from my order date of 3/26. If it's here by the last day of June they'll still get this sale but they've already lost my cybertruck preorder, the customer service experience isn't worth it for me.

Reactions: FDNYC and Crecin91
- if you get your vin number PLEASE post order date
- if you ordered on May 38th and have the same delivery estimate as me (April 21st). I hate you
- how far is Fremont from LA. Can we take a road trip to get our cars 🤔
Anyone actually got faster delivery by going to Fremont? I have a pending trip to Bay area. Let us know if anyone ever tried that. Might get a rental and return to Fremont to drive my car back. 😋

Idk how it works at this point. It’s not first come first serve since you’re a March order. I don’t really understand the way they ship out orders. Besides the Ys being delivered first. Wish I would have gone with a Y at this point 😂 I was debating but the 3 just drove a bit better IMO
I still assume my spot in line got reset to April when I released from hold on April 1 even if they guy in chat said my date was based on 3/26, that's why I always just said I ordered April 1 before. It's just a stretched model 3 but there's just something I don't like about the way the model Y looks + I like the handling of the 3 better

So I called the Kitchener SC. They looked my RN up and stated that my car is set to be built June 1st and delivery is likely not until the 15th.

Not what I wanted to hear but at least I have some dates.

Apparently he could see the 'birth date' of the car pretty easily.. not sure why they can't feed that info into the customer portal... so will get a VIN once it's built on Tuesday.. and will have a while for it to be completed and shipped to Ontario...
Looks like you and I will be one of the few Southern Ontario guys waiting until the last minute...

Congratulations! I ordered my car on 4/4/21 at the Vaughan location. Seems like everyone from this area is getting their VINS but I am now at 7-10 weeks :(
Call or email the SC.. they can likely give your car a birthdate.. I am at 7-10 weeks now too.. emailed them and they called me back and looked it up. My car is being built on June 1. so likely even ones coming this way are gonna sit till they have a truck/train full.. some got built today.. we find the vin in the back door but the vin isn't published yet since it's not ready to leave the factory.. so I bet our VINs all show up on the same time as they are loaded up for shipping.. :)

he said that build date is june 1, and likely see it around the 15th..

Reactions: travis3000
I still assume my spot in line got reset to April when I released from hold on April 1 even if they guy in chat said my date was based on 3/26, that's why I always just said I ordered April 1 before. It's just a stretched model 3 but there's just something I don't like about the way the model Y looks + I like the handling of the 3 better

Same I don’t like how the back looks. Even though it makes it more spacious. I was debating because of the space but in the end the 3 won me over.

Reactions: EDG3ofINSANITY
How exciting to see so many folks getting VINs! My order date was a little later, but I checked again this morning and found a significant left shift as well! It's now showing June 09 - June 24 (was previously June 18 - June 30)! Looks like they got past whatever was holding them up! I'm guessing firmware update for the radar removal and possibly other microcontroller replacements.