Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it helps: Checked early this AM like 430am. VIN was below order # in my account. Tesla emailed me at midnight for rest of payment. I ACH-ed the rest of payment this AM around 7am. Got a text at 1pm to schedule delivery to my home (I guess it has to do with my distance from the SC, but I don’t actually know why). Scheduled the delivery for early next week because I’m out of town this weekend.
EDIT:The delivery schedule is listed below the VIN.

For reference. Ordered White M3LR, black interior, no FSD, 18” wheels. EDD was between 6/12-30/2021 on an order that was placed on 4/13.

Last edited:
Emailed my SA about an hour ago. He got back to me in 45 minutes. I ordered 4/19 M3LR blue on white and I haven’t had an EDD for going on a week. Naturally, I’m nervous but he said that the factory had a bunch of cars that were waiting on final inspection after the TeslaVision announcement and they all got moving recently. My car is still on track to be finished up this week or early next week. He said he would be in contact once it is in transit.
So thankful I have this guy. He always so responsive.
Here’s hoping I hear something this weekend about my car being on its way to me.

Reactions: Crecin91
Finally got a VIN!!! Yeaaaah! With delivery set for May 28 - June 1st???

We also just got an email from Tesla saying "Final balance is now ready. Submit your payment prior to delivery".

Can I not still pay by cashiers cheque on delivery day? Pickup is at Tyco Road, Tysons.
When do you add the car to your insurance? Couple days before delivery? I am concerned about the VIN changing.
For insurance…spoke to my agent who told me things sometime go wrong and they could flake, so add car to your policy or get a policy when you’re about to go pick it up. VA is a state that you just need to show Tesla proof of car insurance. My agent said that they will add it to my policy as soon as I take ownership since they are delivering it to me. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Has anyone had this happen to them? Got a vin and text from Tesla today about scheduling a delivery and when I first picked the order, i put pick up at tbe delivery center (since they said I lived too far from the delivery center). Using the link they sent me, they said theyll drop it off 😂 Still have never heard from a SA lol