Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
not saying your wrong but it seems like to me Tesla delivers in batches. I can only speak for my expeerences, but the showroom that I went to the SA was extremely honest when I asked him about the timing. He told me mid june so he was not that far off.

I do agree however that being tesla is a tech company, they should have better manufacturing estimates then they do.

The purchasing process so far has been really painless, but and its a big but, the estimates have been way off
I don't think the estimates are that far off. They aren't transparent. My SA should have just told me straight up that I will get my car at the end of the quarter instead of fake nonsense he spewed when I was ordering.

I don't think the estimates are that far off. They aren't transparent. My SA should have just told me straight up that I will get my car at the end of the quarter instead of fake nonsense he spewed when I was ordering.
I am sorry that happened to you and as I do not know what he or she said you would have the car.. I am sure when you get t you will be happy with it

I do agree that they should let you know more realistic terms

Response: Still on track for June delivery. Currently, I do not have exact dates or further information. When I do, I am happy to reach out.
I texted mine this morning and got this:
Good morning cjxmtn,

Your estimated delivery window is currently the last week of June, 2021. This is subject to shift but that is your current estimated delivery timeline.

I am sorry that happened to you and as I do not know what he or she said you would have the car.. I am sure when you get t you will be happy with it

Perhaps I was lucky but mine did not over-promise. He said end of quarter would be the ballpark for my mid-April order and then he mentioned I may miss the quarter cut-off when I changed my order in mid-May. It was definitely nice to get my VIN earlier than I expected and I would be very frustrated as well if it was the other way around.

I am looking at ~$7K for the PPF+Ceramic coating. Their Tesla package is $4K which is full front end+side rockers+rear bumper, and I am going to extend it to the trunk as well reduce my risk of scratching the vehicle when I go to remove snow which was another $800. The ceramic coating is another $2K.
This is bonkers to spend on a car with shitty paint to begin with. I understand spending 2k to do full front end since it gets peppered, but 7k you could have the car painted by a local bodyshop and do it right. 2k for the ceramic on top of the coating is equally absurd. The bottle of coating costs them say $200. That is extremely high, probably $80. So they are literally charging you 1800 plus to wipe it on and off. It goes on and off easier than a standard wax.

Why are you guys treating a model 3 like a rare Ferrari? I honestly don't get it. 7k in protection is bonkers. What if you wreck it? How much of that 7k can you recoup? What if you hate the car and get rid of it after a year or two? You know how much that 7k is worth on your trade? Zero is the answer.
And don't get me started on the 5 year, 10 year, infinity year warranties on this crap. Read the warranty. There are a zillion outs, and its all at their discretion, not yours.

Not trying to bash you, or be rude, just honest. The industry is killing people like you on price for stuff that is so over the top extra.

This is bonkers to spend on a car with shitty paint to begin with. I understand spending 2k to do full front end since it gets peppered, but 7k you could have the car painted by a local bodyshop and do it right. 2k for the ceramic on top of the coating is equally absurd. The bottle of coating costs them say $200. That is extremely high, probably $80. So they are literally charging you 1800 plus to wipe it on and off. It goes on and off easier than a standard wax.

Why are you guys treating a model 3 like a rare Ferrari? I honestly don't get it. 7k in protection is bonkers. What if you wreck it? How much of that 7k can you recoup? What if you hate the car and get rid of it after a year or two? You know how much that 7k is worth on your trade? Zero is the answer.
And don't get me started on the 5 year, 10 year, infinity year warranties on this crap. Read the warranty. There are a zillion outs, and its all at their discretion, not yours.

Not trying to bash you, or be rude, just honest. The industry is killing people like you on price for stuff that is so over the top extra.
I'm leaning towards the sub 2k front ppf and do it yourself ghetto style ceramic for this reason lol. how do you feel about tints?

I'm leaning towards the sub 2k front ppf and do it yourself ghetto style ceramic for this reason lol. how do you feel about tints?
I always tint my cars no matter what. Hate the sunlight beaming on me. Also feels a little more private. The ppf and all that as soon as I got a quote I never messaged back 🤣 not worth it imo. But everyone can do whatever they want on their cars.

Just unrealistic about time frame. Made it seem it’s totally possible to get paired with cancellations which seems unlikely when the cars on the west coast don’t get built til the end of June. Was telling me he would check inventory constantly for me and I haven’t heard a word from him in 6+ weeks. Leads me to believe even if a car was available he wasn’t gonna find it. Clarification beforehand on how the delivery date process works across the country would have just meant the world.