Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I already reported that I got my VIN a few days ago, but it was 2 weeks out at the time (June 14 - June 19). It's since shifted left, so the front end is within a week! Now June 09 - June 15! Woohoo! I REALLY need to finish cleaning up the garage!
You have the exact same order as me. I think you are the closest to me (in AZ) that I’ve seen get a VIN for this config. I ordered over a month before you. Hopefully I will see some movement soon!
Phoenix checking in. Ordered 5/1, blue/black/sport/no FSD. Dates have been all over and I went the last 5 or so with no dates. This morning it updated to 6/26-6/30.
I’m picking up in Phoenix, same config as you, except with the aero wheels. My current estimate is June 12-30.

Reactions: egds and masaokun
I was trying to fetch quotes for insurance in Massachusetts, but most of the big insurance companies are quoting very high numbers ~ 3000 for two of us ~ 30 years of age who has clean record (though are not previously insured). They say the rate rises up as soon as they add the VIN - indicating that the 2021 model is substantially more expensive to insure.

Has this been your experience as well ?
Geico quoted me 1k per 6 months, have 3 other vehicles on policy that total about 800 combined. Checked around and finally went with progressive w/o snapshot based on what I read on bankrate.com about it. Insured at 368 for 6 months. 100/300/100 w/ $750 deductible. Others in forum have said progressive is on the less expensive end and geico is on the more expensive end.

Also, insurance agent friend told me to sign up for insurance right before you pick up or they deliver vehicle as Tesla tends to be flaky with delivery times. He couldn’t do better than 368.

For those that have taken delivery, are the estimated delivery dates once a VIN is assigned pretty accurate? Got a VIN 6/1 with EDD (Ohio) of 6/11-6/17. Then the next day it shifted 2 days earlier to 6/9-6/15 where it has stayed so far. SA says system is showing estimated arrival 6/12 which is just the midpoint of that date range. Just wondering how precise their transport schedules really are once car is manufactured.
I would love to know this too lol. My dates are all the exact same as yours except my SA told me through email it’s expected to arrive on the 14th. I’m really hoping that 6/9-6/15 is more accurate!!

I would love to know this too lol. My dates are all the exact same as yours except my SA told me through email it’s expected to arrive on the 14th. I’m really hoping that 6/9-6/15 is more accurate!!
It’s a crap shoot. I ordered on April 13. EDD flucuated between May 25-June 12, to June 12-June 30 (more or less), then 7-11 weeks from order date, and settled on June 6-19 or something to that effect. Got a VIN on May 25 and paid and scheduled delivery for June 2. I then ended up picking up M3 on June 1 because it was ready and SC needed space for other deliveries.

My SA initially told me 6/14 as well but I emailed him again when my dates shifted 2 days earlier and he saw his date shifted to 6/12. It just seems the estimated delivery date the SA gets is the midpoint of the 1 week date range. Until it's actually on a truck I'm guessing they really don't know.

It’s a crap shoot. I ordered on April 13. EDD flucuated between May 25-June 12, to June 12-June 30 (more or less), then 7-11 weeks from order date, and settled on June 6-19 or something to that effect. Got a VIN on May 25 and paid and scheduled delivery for June 2. I then ended up picking up M3 on June 1 because it was ready and SC needed space for other deliveries.
Agree on it being a crap shoot. Pre-VIN, my EDD was June 14-30. Got a VIN on May 29 (paid and completed all possible steps at the time), and EDD changed to June 1 - June 7. On May 31, got the text to select a delivery date, and my options started on Jun 8.

I guess my SA must have grabbed one that someone cancelled because my delivery is scheduled for tomorrow now. I just have to hope I can sell my current car and get it to process through the bank into my account in 1 day.
GUYS I THINK IM CRYING

I JUST GOT A VIN

We did it guys! I got a VIN too! Congrats fellas! The wait is almost over!

Just called another location near me. Guy picks up the phone, then tells me to check in with my SA after pulling up my account. I mention how I just want to validate with someone else what my SA has told me as I heard some SAs aren't giving out accurate information to their clients. His response was a loud "NO, why would we see something different that what your SA told you? What you heard is incorrect and we don't see anything different than them". Why get all defensive lmao. I just want my fcking car already that I've been waiting since 3/31.

Just called another location near me. Guy picks up the phone, then tells me to check in with my SA after pulling up my account. I mention how I just want to validate with someone else what my SA has told me as I heard some SAs aren't giving out accurate information to their clients. His response was a loud "NO, why would we see something different that what your SA told you? What you heard is incorrect and we don't see anything different than them". Why get all defensive lmao. I just want my fcking car already that I've been waiting since 3/31.
Now that’s top flight customer service!

Reactions: Kirill