Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I ordered the NEMA 14-50 adapter and console trays on 6/2 ... how long until I get a tracking number for those? Anyone have experience with timing there (east coast)? Oh no .... here we go again. I am going to need a longer signature limit :) ... it's a race ... accessories vs. car.
I ordered my 14-50 adapter on May 30th. They shipped it June 1 and I have an EDD of June 8. This is shipping to Vancouver area in Canada.

Reactions: HalfNHalfT
So I ordered the NEMA 14-50 adapter and console trays on 6/2 ... how long until I get a tracking number for those? Anyone have experience with timing there (east coast)? Oh no .... here we go again. I am going to need a longer signature limit :) ... it's a race ... accessories vs. car.
I ordered 3 items from the shop on May 31st, and they all shipped separately. The other 2 items shipped the next day, but the adapter (also a NEMA 14-50) just shipped today. Not sure if they just got a resupply, so hopefully yours will ship soon!

Why does Tesla even have an EDD on the Account page? This thread has 451 pages documenting the fact that it is totally absolutely meaningless. Everyone here is trying to read the tea leaves but there is clearly no logical pattern at work here.

We get them when we get them.

Reactions: techlogik
Why does Tesla even have an EDD on the Account page? This thread has 451 pages documenting the fact that it is totally absolutely meaningless. Everyone here is trying to read the tea leaves but there is clearly no logical pattern at work here.

We get them when we get them.

Certainly increases the hits to their website, probably higher chances of ordering stuff in the shop too

I got tracking on my adapter next day and took about a week to arrive in NC

Mine EDD just changed to 2-11 weeks, this is definitely gonna pushing delivery to Q3. I'm just going to get a Demo car with exact same build and color in Miami, pay $1000 transportation fee to New York, still way more faster than waiting till Q3.

Don't do anything impulsive. A ton of people including me had theirs change to 7-10 weeks just prior to VIN pairing. While recently have also changed to Q3 dates too, but same time you don't know what the change to 2-11 weeks means necessarily. To jump to accept a demo car that could be in rough shape cause you want the car and spend another $1000 right now is an emotional one than an informed one.

Don't do anything impulsive. A ton of people including me had theirs change to 7-10 weeks just prior to VIN pairing. While recently have also changed to Q3 dates too, but same time you don't know what the change to 2-11 weeks means necessarily. To jump to accept a demo car that could be in rough shape cause you want the car and spend another $1000 right now is an emotional one than an informed one.
You are right, I will wait and see.

Finally got a delivery appointment for 6/16. They said my car is scheduled to arrive on the 12th. It takes 13 days from build date to make it to Illinois, apparently.

So I got my Vin on the 27th. Black /Black LR Aero. My ship to texas date is estimated to be June 11th and the delivery date is potentially the 14th. So around 13-15 days for it to get to Texas.

Reactions: TaylorTMusic
You are right, I will wait and see.

At the same time I completely understand the feeling and it is hard to make an informed decision simply because the advice and info from SA's varies so much.

And it sucks that Tesla hasn't improved upon the "dealership" experience in that regard considering they directly control their stores and the info the SA's can provide where obviously the other manufactures are franchised out hence the inconsistent experience people face with the competition as it depends on how good that particular dealership is. I know when I ordered my Camaro, the forum I went on had a person who was kind enough to check on everyone's orders( sort of being what the Fresno of Camaro orders ha!). When mine did something weird that only my ordering dealer could explain, my ordering dealer only said all was good and expected to get there soon. I also requested that they didn't put their dealers badge on the car which they acknowledged multiple times, but when we got there and caught the vehicle while still in processing, the dealers badge was still on the vehicle. To my salesman credit, he did remove it and caused no damage thankfully.

Reactions: Japerz