Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had June 18-30 ordered 5/1 today slipped 9-13 weeks in Los Angeles. Im going to call my SA today and likely cancel my order and get something else if this is true.

I ordered 4/22 and just got the same 9-13 weeks. =\

First post. FWIW. Ordered 4/8 in OC. My SA originally told me car would be built 6/1 but has since changed to 6/16 and is now 6/26. But online mine also changed to 7-10wks this morning. I’m def antsy M3LR/Grey/black/aero.

My April 2/2021 order of a M3 AWD Black/Black was showing an EDD from July 5 to 25 as of today was extended again and now shows 7 to 10 weeks.

I was slatd to recieve my SR+ June 13-27 (everyday for last week it's moved back a day. Today I also got the 9-12 weeks delivery. Did the factory blow up? WTF?

OMG, same for me - ordered 4/19 for pickup in Burbank. Was hoping for a VIN # this AM but instead got 7-10 weeks?

Calm down guys.

Keep in mind if it changes to the weeks estimate it is not from today. It is still from order date. Also if you have kept up in this thread, it changing to weeks could be a good sign. A lot of people had it chance to the weeks estimate and then got VIN within a few days once the Tesla Vision hold was released. Even the ones that had a June date-> got 7-10 weeks or whatever-> then all of a sudden got July-August dates had VIN's pop up shortly after. This clearly shows EDD is more of a guess than hard factual schedule planning you're seeing from Tesla's system. Take it with a grain of salt.

And yeah it sucks the information from SA's may not be the best. It could be because they are being lazy, it could be because at the time that is what their computer system showed and it sounds like they could be in it for the ride just as anyone and they get the brunt of the reaction from customers.

Reactions: Andooty and ytfsic
Calm down guys.

Keep in mind if it changes to the weeks estimate it is not from today. It is still from order date. Also if you have kept up in this thread, it changing to weeks could be a good sign. A lot of people had it chance to the weeks estimate and then got VIN within a few days once the Tesla Vision hold was released. Even the ones that had a June date-> got 7-10 weeks or whatever-> then all of a sudden got July-August dates had VIN's pop up shortly after. This clearly shows EDD is more of a guess than hard factual schedule planning you're seeing from Tesla's system. Take it with a grain of salt.

And yeah it sucks the information from SA's may not be the best. It could be because they are being lazy, it could be because at the time that is what their computer system showed and it sounds like they could be in it for the ride just as anyone and they get the brunt of the reaction from customers.
I'm new in here. Signed up this morning. Ok. Thanks. I'll calm down.

We ordered on May 30. The EDD changes on a daily basis from anywhere from the end of June to the end of August. Our rep at the test drive said to ignore the EDD and we were looking at the end of Sept at the earliest unless one pops up under accelerated delivery that we want to take.

I ordered 5/5. Model Y LR AWD, White with Black interior, 20inch, Autopilot. Initial order was 5-8 weeks with an estimated delivery of 6/9 - 6/30. Dates change everyday, but now its 8/12 - 9/11. No Vin and not happy.

Reactions: Japerz and ytfsic
Aww, one day before my EDD window begins, and I get the 9-13 weeks
N1GGHhR.png
I've got the same today. Was June 15 - 30 for the last week and now 9 - 13 weeks.

Keep us posted! About to do the same
I've got some good news. My SA called me confirming my 2 orders. It was weird how this car was being built and will be shipped to my service center under existing inventory. He didn't understand why it was not assigned to me automatically or why I was being skipped. Any who, he said that he is not able to do price matches and such but will check with his manager to see if anything can be done.

He called back about an hour later stating that his manager was able to assign the car from the new order to my original order, keeping the original price from April. The new order will be cancelled. Delivery date set on 6/26, I have my VIN and everything is gravy.

Something was definitely wrong with my order but there is no answers why. Must be just a glitch in the system. I am very thankful that I have a very responsive SA. I can only imagine how more frustrating it is with radio silence. Best of luck to the rest of you guys waiting since march/april.