Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the Scottsdale delivery center to test drive. They have a few cars here now.
20210612_114731.jpg

Man that blue looks good!! I contemplated hard as $1000 is fairly small in the grand scheme of the whole purchase, but it also feels like a lot just for a color. I've never been one to care what color something is when I buy it. (cars, motorcycles, atv's, etc.)
I couldn't decide between blue and red, so I just ended up going white, lol. I do like Tesla's white, I saw a white 2021 sitting next to me at a stop light a couple weeks before I ordered and thought, yeah, that is a really nice white color, I'm good with that.
I have a feeling I might wrap it at some point anyway for complete protection, and to get a cool custom color.
Literally same, and I had my fair share of nice cars already. I up currently in the process of ppfing the entire car as I really love this color. Buddy of mine wrapped his in satin grey and looks sick!

Is that the Raintree location in Phx? I must drive there next weekend to see if someone can try to match one to me. Order put in at the end of April...currently 9-13 weeks from June 7-29 :D. Tesla roller coaster.
Yeah that's Raintree. My EDD went to 9 - 13 weeks today also so hopefully that means VINs soon. They had my exact build on their lot waiting for pickup. I'm curious when they ordered...probably June knowing how things have been going.

Yeah that's Raintree. My EDD went to 9 - 13 weeks today also so hopefully that means VINs soon. They had my exact build on their lot waiting for pickup. I'm curious when they ordered...probably June knowing how things have been going.
It’s good to know they are at least starting to do deliveries at this location. I’m still waiting on my order from April 6 for pickup there. My EDD was 7-10 weeks yesterday and it changed to June 15-29 this morning. Maybe I will actually here something this next week (I think I have said this a few times on here, haha, maybe it will actually happen this time).

I just spoke with my SA. I asked her what the steps were for purchasing a demo. She told me not to get a demo in my current situation. She said I will be taking delivery of my car in the last week of June.
I thanked her for the estimate. She emphatically stated, “No. I KNOW you’re getting your car at the end of June.”
I truly hope they know something we don’t. I was looking at other vehicles and M3 demos this morning after seeing the 9-13 weeks “glitch”. The only demos are M3Ps in LA, CA and I’m 8 hours north of there.

I was similarly told that they were almost certain I was taking delivery the last week of June on my M3LR.

I'd encourage everyone to flip back to pages 157-159... Everyone was in seemingly the same place we were last quarter. This is Same Sugar Different Quarter. It was encouraging for me to see ppl from Seattle wondering where their car was who ordered in January that hadn't gotten them yet in March. Seems like we're all right on schedule. Even saw a post last quarter where people were like "hey wait, why did you get your car, I ordered before you." SSDQ.

I just spoke with my SA. I asked her what the steps were for purchasing a demo. She told me not to get a demo in my current situation. She said I will be taking delivery of my car in the last week of June.
I thanked her for the estimate. She emphatically stated, “No. I KNOW you’re getting your car at the end of June.”
Century city told me I would have my car in 10 days just now

What about the folks in the East Coast? Seems like West Coast is slated for end of June but are East Coast people still waiting as well?
Ordered 5/20, same spec as you.

I asked a very general question about demos on 6/6 and received this response 36 hours later:

We're looking forward to getting you set up with Model 3 - admittedly, the most current rough forecasting I have shows a delivery of mid July? (I recognize end of June showing on your end..)

While our demo vehicles would be more readily available, in the nicest way you get what you pay for - these vehicles are price-adjusted, to account for the mileage/wear/tear.

I am currently at a 7/16 - 8/5 EDD. All tasks have been completed within 3 days of ordering. And I am actively f5'ing demos, willing to take my chances (or cancel) given that I'll lose $2k in state rebate if we go into July.

What about the folks in the East Coast? Seems like West Coast is slated for end of June but are East Coast people still waiting as well?
According to the tesla delivery survey it looks like a TON of ppl have already gotten deliveries on the east coast this quarter. Found when you ordered it seems you probably ordered after the big push to the east coast, hopefully you still get one in June.

According to the tesla delivery survey it looks like a TON of ppl have already gotten deliveries on the east coast this quarter. Found when you ordered it seems you probably ordered after the big push to the east coast, hopefully you still get one in June.
And remember that during the last few weeks of the quarter, Tesla delivers to eastern US locations first and California last. That was confirmed to me when I spoke with the Tesla rep when they called a couple weeks after I placed my order. Doing it that way, they can maximize the number of vehicles delivered in the quarter since the trucks aren't having to spend a week driving across the country and back during the final squeeze, but can make several runs to L.A. in that same week period. I'm in Utah, ordered 4/18 and am guessing mine will be delivered around June 25.