Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 4/8, white on black M3 LR no FSD (located in NY - Mt Kisco), still no VIN or any updates.

Delivery date went from 6/1-6/30 to 6/2-6/30 now at 6/26-6/30. Not sure if the sliding dates are good or bad, I do see a lot of people are seeing that too so that at least helps a bit.

Is it really just a waiting game 10+ weeks in?

I have never posted anything here but I’ve been reading everyday for a month. Today I received my VIN, I ordered a white/white M3LR on 18s. Order date was May 13th (1 month ago exactly) picking up in the Charlotte, NC service center. I was informed via a phone call.
Last week I was with a friend who was picking up his M3SR+ from Charlotte and there must have been 150+ M3s there, I tried to see if they had any available for me to swap with my build and they told me that every car there was sold to someone else. 🤯

What’s your build? Haven’t heard a peep and I ordered nearly a month before you on the East Coast of FL as well… My dates have now become June 28 - June 30 lol
Whoa, yea assume it was fast tracked due to my build ? No idea.

LR AWD
Multi Coat Red
Black and White prem interior
19" Sport wheels
Did not select FSD

Will be adding Acceleration boost upon delivery on my phone.

Hope you get your VIN soon !

Reactions: M3isforme and DFink
I have never posted anything here but I’ve been reading everyday for a month. Today I received my VIN, I ordered a white/white M3LR on 18s. Order date was May 13th (1 month ago exactly) picking up in the Charlotte, NC service center. I was informed via a phone call.
Last week I was with a friend who was picking up his M3SR+ from Charlotte and there must have been 150+ M3s there, I tried to see if they had any available for me to swap with my build and they told me that every car there was sold to someone else. 🤯
Congrats!

It's wild to me that we have the same build in the same state, but your later order received a VIN first. This is definitely not an easy to decipher system.

Reactions: M3isforme
Whoa, yea assume it was fast tracked due to my build ? No idea.

LR AWD
Multi Coat Red
Black and White prem interior
19" Sport wheels
Did not select FSD

Will be adding Acceleration boost upon delivery on my phone.

Hope you get your VIN soon !
@DFink forgot to ask what is your build?
Thanks and congrats!

LR AWD
Blue with black interior on 18” aero with FSD.

Seems pretty standard, but maybe they just haven’t built enough to send to my delivery center (Merritt Island). We shall see…

Reactions: ytfsic and HodgJ
Congrats!

It's wild to me that we have the same build in the same state, but your later order received a VIN first. This is definitely not an easy to decipher system.
Yeah, their system does not make sense to me. When I was there 5 days ago a gentleman was taking delivery of the exact same build as me (and you). I asked him when he ordered, he said may 13th (same as me). You can imagine my pain. Haha

My delivery window is scheduled for tomorrow (I was hoping I could get it a day or 2 early so I'd get some weekend time with it, but no such luck), and wow, I knew Texas law did weird things with the purchasing model here, but I didn't realize how much it would feel like a drug deal. In the email I received today, it appears that it's a fully hands-off drop with no SA interaction at all in some spare church parking lot near one of the Tesla buildings. You accept delivery with the online account and then use the tesla app to get into the vehicle, where the keys will be. I don't know yet how my trade-in is supposed to work with this model, or what I'm supposed to do if my inspection checklist turns anything up. This should be "interesting".

Thanks and congrats!

LR AWD
Blue with black interior on 18” aero with FSD.

Seems pretty standard, but maybe they just haven’t built enough to send to my delivery center (Merritt Island). We shall see…
Nice Build. Love the Blue over Black.. Very sporty look. I decided to pass on the FSD at this time. Perhaps will order later on.

Wish you a quick update on your VIN !

Reactions: DFink
Congrats!

Me trying to figure out the system as I keep hitting refresh on my order page lol:
giphy.gif

• Funny
  • Love
Reactions: ytfsic and mjwh