Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also got the same "Final Payment" email this morning and got excited. Then I came here to post my update, and saw many got the same email! And all seem to be around the same time too. Mine was at 5:19am PST.

That's when I also thought, "What if that email is a glitch?!".

At least my EDD changed from 7-10 Weeks to 6/22-6/30. But same as many others as also seeing, no Tesla Vision button, no VIN, no place to make payment.

Why do I have the feeling "Andrew" woke up this morning and said "This'll be fun, watch this..."? 😜
I got mine at 5:19am PST, too. I messaged my SA to see if they have anything to say about it. I’m sure they will say “it’s a glitch” or something.

Reactions: Ace777
This is why I ordered the first week of the quarter, thinking I might get one just before the push, but that didn’t happen. Current EDD is showing next week, June 21-28.
Same here! Although I knew being on West Coast, would more than likely not get delivery until the end of the quarter based on following the pattern of previous deliveries. I thought ordering the first week of quarter might increase the chance of getting an "earlier" end of the quarter delivery and not get a rush job on the last day.

Since we ordered 1st week, MAYBE we'll at least get it at the beginning of the last week, instead of on the last day? 🤞 Not sure it is going to make a difference at this point though.

Same here! Although I knew being on West Coast, would more than likely not get delivery until the end of the quarter based on following the pattern of previous deliveries. I thought ordering the first week of quarter might increase the chance of getting an "earlier" end of the quarter delivery and not get a rush job on the last day.

Since we ordered 1st week, MAYBE we'll at least get it at the beginning of the last week, instead of on the last day? 🤞 Not sure it is going to make a difference at this point though.
Well, May 6 2021 Tesla said they had run out of stock for Q2 2021, so it is hard to say.

This is why I ordered the first week of the quarter, thinking I might get one just before the push, but that didn’t happen. Current EDD is showing next week, June 21-28.

This might be wrong but my SA told me Colorado only gets shipments around once per quarter, so I don't think it matters if you order in April, May, even early June ? It will come in June anyway, at least here

Interesting - going to my account from the email and there’s no option to make the final payment. Guessing this is turning into an end of quarter Hunger Games - whoever pays first gets their car first! May the odds be forever in your favor, y’all!
"Hunger Games" 🤣 🤣 🤣

And then also can't wait for the sequel when we are all in a backlog, trying to make service appointments at the same time after delivery to fix the rush job stuff!

Reactions: ytfsic
Using the order spreadsheet I did a quick graph of the colors of the outstanding MR AWD cars that have still not gotten VINS yet:
1624027367209.png

Attachments

• 1624027212225.png
    1624027212225.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 44
I also got the same "Final Payment" email this morning and got excited. Then I came here to post my update, and saw many got the same email! And all seem to be around the same time too. Mine was at 5:19am PST.

That's when I also thought, "What if that email is a glitch?!".

At least my EDD changed from 7-10 Weeks to 6/22-6/30. But same as many others as also seeing, no Tesla Vision button, no VIN, no place to make payment.

Why do I have the feeling "Andrew" woke up this morning and said "This'll be fun, watch this..."? 😜
freaking ANDREW

OK! Scheduled for pick up at 11:30 am June 25 at Mt. Kisco. Not sure why...but a little nervous. Just hope the car is in good shape. Selling my current car so I'll be "naked" for a bit. Planning to give them a Bank Certified check after I inspect the car. I've heard that works fine. You guys and gals agree!?
Sold my car yesterday, taking delivery on Tuesday. Same excited but nervous feeling, hoping the car is close to perfect. Changed my flight to NJ and am staying in a hotel just to take delivery and drive this thing back to Maine, so the let down if it goes south will be something fierce.

This might be wrong but my SA told me Colorado only gets shipments around once per quarter, so I don't think it matters if you order in April, May, even early June ? It will come in June anyway, at least here
Yeah, you are probably right. I didn’t really know all of the logistics of deliveries at the time, just that they do a huge push at the end which may result in more fit and finish issues. The site also told me when I ordered that I would get it in May, even had estimated delivery dates in May up until like mid-May, which seemed to corroborate what I assumed about ordering early. Maybe I would have gotten it earlier if there wasn’t that delay of the large number of cars waiting for their radar-less AP software update. Needless to say, I learned a lot since then being on here, haha.

Reactions: Ace777

Throughout this process, collectively, we have learned that the order date means absolutely nothing.

Not trying to sound like a fanboy or defending Tesla, but this is the case for most dealerships as well at least in my area. Sales may be open on Sunday to sell and deliver vehicles, but service is closed. So if you were taking delivery of a new Ford, Toyota, etc on a Sunday which has an issue, there would be no one there to deal with it either.
That's fair. Taking my jaded sunglasses off, it is going to be on a Sunday and Father's Day. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, but only cause I hopefully will be getting my car in perfect condition.