Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let’s say you get fed up with waiting and want to buy a demo you quickly find. Obviously getting ahold of your SA might be a challenge. Do you just quickly order the car and swallow the $100 order fee and they transfer it to your existing order? Anyone know?
not entire sure about the deposit, but I do know the demo cars have the price increases included in the prices so if you ordered one before any of the price increases, you will be paying more for demos

Let’s say you get fed up with waiting and want to buy a demo you quickly find. Obviously getting ahold of your SA might be a challenge. Do you just quickly order the car and swallow the $100 order fee and they transfer it to your existing order? Anyone know?
This was me on Friday - found a brand new exact same build on the site. Hadn’t even been built yet, but was scheduled to be delivered to So Cal this weekend. I originally ordered on 4/7. I figured the new one would go quick, so I took it. Ate the $100 fee on the original one and bought a more expensive car. I’ve been debating on whether or not I made the right move, but I have to tell you… it’s been nice not wondering if/when my car will come, dealing with it potentially coming when I’m out of town next week, etc. I have a pretty demanding job and just a lot going on at the moment, so one less thing to worry/obsess over has been worth it. To each their own though.

Reactions: JoJa15 and mtrois
This was me on Friday - found a brand new exact same build on the site. Hadn’t even been built yet, but was scheduled to be delivered to So Cal this weekend. I originally ordered on 4/7. I figured the new one would go quick, so I took it. Ate the $100 fee on the original one and bought a more expensive car. I’ve been debating on whether or not I made the right move, but I have to tell you… it’s been nice not wondering if/when my car will come, dealing with it potentially coming when I’m out of town next week, etc. I have a pretty demanding job and just a lot going on at the moment, so one less thing to worry/obsess over has been worth it. To each their own though.
This sounds great. How did you see it was not even built yet? I’ve only ever seen demos with 500-1000 miles.

Called Tesla Century City and the person told me the car is forecasted to finish being built tomorrow and to expect delivery next weekend. So literally the last possible day of June. Really don't understand how the process can be this flawed
At least the end of the road is getting near. Hope everything goes smoothly and you are finally able to take possession of your car.

Reactions: mtrois
This sounds great. How did you see it was not even built yet? I’ve only ever seen demos with 500-1000 miles.
I didn’t initially. It just said “Less than 50” miles. Which for me was okay. I wouldn’t have done it if it had any sort of mileage on it. After I put in the order, I texted my SA and he said to call the delivery center to schedule pickup. I did and while I was on the call I asked the agent on the call where the car was and he told me it was scheduled to be built this weekend in Fremont. I was kinda shocked and mentioned how I’d been waiting for the same one since early April and how the whole thing didn’t really make sense. He just kinda chuckled and didn’t really say address it. I can’t make sense of any of it.

Reactions: JoJa15 and mtrois
I didn’t initially. It just said “Less than 50” miles. Which for me was okay. I wouldn’t have done it if it had any sort of mileage on it. After I put in the order, I texted my SA and he said to call the delivery center to schedule pickup. I did and while I was on the call I asked the agent on the call where the car was and he told me it was scheduled to be built this weekend in Fremont. I was kinda shocked and mentioned how I’d been waiting for the same one since early April and how the whole thing didn’t really make sense. He just kinda chuckled and didn’t really say address it. I can’t make sense of any of it.
Awesome I will check for the same then!
Was it in your location or did you search across the US?

Reactions: hcdavis3
I do chuckle a little when I see those of us who ordered at the end of May, just barely 3 weeks in, frustrated by the sporadic EDD when there are people who ordered in April who haven’t received their VINs.
I've noticed a distinct change over the past week or two where there's more and more late orders complaining about waiting and the older guys have been more silent. So either the April orders have been beaten down and just don't lurk as much or they have gotten vehicles and moved on.

I do really enjoy the posts like one I saw recently. It was someone who literally ordered like three days prior and basically said "I got so tired of waiting I just bought a demo." LOL wat?

I ordered 5/1 so I feel in between both groups. I'm not quite as jaded as the April crew (who are rightfully jaded) but also get quite annoyed seeing late May/June orders complain about seeing July dates and beyond and being so impatient when they've only waited a few weeks.

All you late orders, get off my lawn! Lol

Edit: My EDD has moved one day right today to June 23 - 30.

My EDD just moved to June 29 to June 30. Ordered June 3. Fingers crossed. Must be end of quarter push.
Woah! I’m a June 5 order date and have been hoping to be part of the end of quarter push!

FWIW, totally fine getting delivery into July, but when I talked to my SA last week, he said I shouldn’t have a problem getting mine by end of the month. So hoping I don’t have my hopes up for nothing!

I've noticed a distinct change over the past week or two where there's more and more late orders complaining about waiting and the older guys have been more silent. So either the April orders have been beaten down and just don't lurk as much or they have gotten vehicles and moved on.

I do really enjoy the posts like one I saw recently. It was someone who literally ordered like three days prior and basically said "I got so tired of waiting I just bought a demo." LOL wat?

I ordered 5/1 so I feel in between both groups. I'm not quite as jaded as the April crew (who are rightfully jaded) but also get quite annoyed seeing late May/June orders complain about seeing July dates and beyond and being so impatient when they've only waited a few weeks.

Ordered 4/13 still nothing. EDD: June 21 - June 30. I wonder if people with FSD are getting their orders fulfilled first.

I was definitely starting to get worn down, so I am sure it is a combination of early people finally getting their cars and getting worn down.

I’m still crossing my fingers that you and the other AZ people will hear something soon!