Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear friends,

Old Grandfather Time here,
I have news.

I have at long last, been assigned a vin. What I thought would be a glorious day is more of a relief then a celebration. A relief that there is probability of a car being delivered soon. Although with the lack of transparency in production, delivery, and the conflicting information that we are constantly given, I’ll believe it when I see it.
81 days to vin
89 days to scheduled delivery

My delivery date as of today is for the 29th. I mean, I ordered on the first day of the quarter and I’m apparently getting a car on the second to last day of the quarter. With ~185,000 produced cars produced, I’m getting one of the last ones. And I’m thankful to get one this quarter, but a May delivery would have been nice. Or early June. Watching folks who ordered literally months after me getting deliveries in May was a little frustrating. For most of the early 81 days of my EDD-purgatory the EDD gave me a 5/20 – 5/28 date giving a very naive and youthful me a glimmer of hope. Then the containment hold came. Then the confusion about the overloaded holding lots overflowing with cars, no one knowing why or for how long the hold would take, different answers from different SAs… “Surly mine was in there somewhere” I asked an SA, to which she responded, “With that order date, I would think so, but until the hold gets released and the cars start getting loaded, we just don’t know”

…my car was not in the containment hold. My car was born much, much later without ever knowing what a the great 2021Q2 containment hold was. And would be born many generations thereafter without ever knowing that its kind was once greatly equipped with radar. RADAR like what you find on fighter jets and battleships. Alas, It's ancestors used to have dual lumbar support, homelink, and federal rebates… *sigh*

Summer trips have been postponed, work scheduled have been altered, pre-approvals need to get re-pre-approved, trade in need to be reappraised… It will be a relief to get this done with so I can enjoy my car. These are admittedly #firstworldproblems but $50k is not chump change, and for a company who LITERALLY LAUNCHED A CAR TO THE ORBIT OF MARS, might be able to invest in better order tracking. I mean, I can track the GPS of my UPS truck, but 9 to 13 weeks is the best tesla can do? /rant

Things that I have speculated about but can now confirm:
• Order date means nothing except what quarter you may get a delivery.
• EDD is just not accurate. It's still showing 6/20 – 6/25 however scheduled delivery is 6/29

I will keep you all updated with any changes in the pickup and initial inspection and the “touchless delivery” or if I get to meet Andrew.

View attachment 675905
Congratulations akambience.so glad you got a VIN. If you see Andrew say hi and kick his A@@ for me

I Ordered M3 on APR 20, delivery window is June 23 to 30 and it keeps changing everyday by one day like today its June 23-30, tomorrow it will be June 24-30.
I am in Seattle Area.
Same boat as you. Ordered mine on 4/24 for MSM/Black/18/no-FSD. EDD has been moving up since 6/14-6/30. Today, it said 6/24-6/30. No VIN or any sort of communication. I guess all us PNW-ers are in the back of the queue for some reason!

Dear friends,

Old Grandfather Time here,
I have news.

I have at long last, been assigned a vin. What I thought would be a glorious day is more of a relief then a celebration. A relief that there is probability of a car being delivered soon. Although with the lack of transparency in production, delivery, and the conflicting information that we are constantly given, I’ll believe it when I see it.
81 days to vin
89 days to scheduled delivery

My delivery date as of today is for the 29th. I mean, I ordered on the first day of the quarter and I’m apparently getting a car on the second to last day of the quarter. With ~185,000 produced cars produced, I’m getting one of the last ones. And I’m thankful to get one this quarter, but a May delivery would have been nice. Or early June. Watching folks who ordered literally months after me getting deliveries in May was a little frustrating. For most of the early 81 days of my EDD-purgatory the EDD gave me a 5/20 – 5/28 date giving a very naive and youthful me a glimmer of hope. Then the containment hold came. Then the confusion about the overloaded holding lots overflowing with cars, no one knowing why or for how long the hold would take, different answers from different SAs… “Surly mine was in there somewhere” I asked an SA, to which she responded, “With that order date, I would think so, but until the hold gets released and the cars start getting loaded, we just don’t know”

…my car was not in the containment hold. My car was born much, much later without ever knowing what a the great 2021Q2 containment hold was. And would be born many generations thereafter without ever knowing that its kind was once greatly equipped with radar. RADAR like what you find on fighter jets and battleships. Alas, It's ancestors used to have dual lumbar support, homelink, and federal rebates… *sigh*

Summer trips have been postponed, work scheduled have been altered, pre-approvals need to get re-pre-approved, trade in need to be reappraised… It will be a relief to get this done with so I can enjoy my car. These are admittedly #firstworldproblems but $50k is not chump change, and for a company who LITERALLY LAUNCHED A CAR TO THE ORBIT OF MARS, might be able to invest in better order tracking. I mean, I can track the GPS of my UPS truck, but 9 to 13 weeks is the best tesla can do? /rant

Things that I have speculated about but can now confirm:
• Order date means nothing except what quarter you may get a delivery.
• EDD is just not accurate. It's still showing 6/20 – 6/25 however scheduled delivery is 6/29

I will keep you all updated with any changes in the pickup and initial inspection and the “touchless delivery” or if I get to meet Andrew.

View attachment 675905
Congratulations! It's like the senior class of members here are finally graduating! Cue Pomp & Circumstance...

Been lurking for a bit, saw all the posts about waiting so long so saw a demo car come available in Scottsdale matching our build and called and had them switch our order to that. Got the Vin there and completed the payment. Just waiting to schedule the pickup day this week, since we know it’s there. Demo had 353 miles but it has the 100 dollars off which I guess is cool.

Same boat as you. Ordered mine on 4/24 for MSM/Black/18/no-FSD. EDD has been moving up since 6/14-6/30. Today, it said 6/24-6/30. No VIN or any sort of communication. I guess all us PNW-ers are in the back of the queue for some reason!
When I tried to talk to my SA she kept saying VINs are assigned when vehicle leaves Factory, and I can still expect my car delivered in the last week of June.

Hey All ... Checking in for the first time -
May 31 order date in Sacramento
EDD remaining at June 23-June 30th for third day in a row.. Seeing all these VINs locked in and the quarter push - I am hopeful but not holding my breath.

Been lurking for a few weeks and pulling for those April holdouts first...
Good luck! I’ve got high hopes for us in the Sacramento area, but seeing all these stories has me worried as well! What specs did you order?

Hey all-
Looks like our new cars won't have working Sentry mode right out the gate too. Yaaaaay
Yeah that's another indication that the stripping of parts from new 3/Y deliveries was a snap decision based on materials shortages. If the Tesla Vision rollout was planned, they would've had the software ready for something as basic as using Sentry Mode without a radar. As someone said a long while back in this thread: Never purchase anything based on features that will supposedly be added later. You have to now weigh whether paying $47k for a sedan with a maximum speed of 75 MPH on cruise control, a disabled alarm system, and a fixed passenger lumbar still makes sense for you. At some point if they raise prices high enough and/or strip enough basic features then driving a combustion vehicle a few more years starts to make sense again.

Reactions: ytfsic
Yeah that's another indication that the stripping of parts from new 3/Y deliveries was a snap decision based on materials shortages. If the Tesla Vision rollout was planned, they would've had the software ready for something as basic as using Sentry Mode without a radar. As someone said a long while back in this thread: Never purchase anything based on features that will supposedly be added later. You have to now weigh whether paying $47k for a sedan with a maximum speed of 75 MPH on cruise control, a disabled alarm system, and a fixed passenger lumbar still makes sense for you. At some point if they raise prices high enough and/or strip enough basic features then driving a combustion vehicle a few more years starts to make sense again.
Yup. Agreed

Congrats on the deliver date!! Thank you for the info on the delivery trucks! I am hoping that one of those trucks has my car and I get a VIN soon!

I look forward to hearing how your delivery process goes this Wednesday so I know what it will be like at the Vellejo store.
Just passed by the Vallejo Delivery center theres a bunch of cars there getting washed and ready! (Went to chick-fil-a and thought id stop by lol)