Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations! I'm hoping for a white-on-white sometime soon. I ordered 5-8 for pickup in Scottsdale, too, but no VIN yet. My EDD keeps moving, and today it is showing as 6-24 to 6-30. It feels like it might not be this month for me.
Our VINs are coming any minute, I can feel it. I'd be shocked if we both didn't get our cars by end of month.

Reactions: Lazerack and PsyD
Drive your car pretty slow for the first 2 months. Fresh, un-cured paint and massive EV torque blasting your rocker panels with stone chips = bad combination. Once it cures, go find an authorized XPEL installer and get full (or at least frontal plus rocker panels) paint protection film if you have the budget for it. Frontal and rocker panels seem to run about $2.2k or the full car wrap for around $4.8k. Right after PPF, apply some thin layers of ceramic coating in your garage and that should protect the film for the first few years.

If you decide you don't want to spend thousands to have your depreciating asset wrapped in plastic then I would add the mudflaps for sure. You could still apply the ceramic coating right onto your bare paint in the garage, it'll look great at first but it won't stop chips.

Last but not least, buy a grit guard to put in the bottom of your bucket if you hand wash. This will filter dirt off of your sponge and minimize swirling in your paint's topcoat.
Thanks! Already have the mud flaps sitting in my garage. I also have a grit guard but I think I am going to buy another bucket with a grit guard. One bucket will be for soaping the mitt, the other will be for rinsing the mitt so hopefully most of the grit will go in the rinse bucket.

I am new to this forum, where is the tracking sheet?

Reactions: HVoltage and ytfsic
So I decided to plot some data from the tracking sheet. I only used date for orders that have not received a VIN or delivery yet.
1624321417848.png

1624321443351.png

1624321611515.png

Woke up this morning hoping I’d have another shift, but still holding at the 8-12 weeks. I know there are others ahead of me, so will cheer all y’all on with my fingers crossed they get at least to the early to mid-June orders by the end of the month! In the meantime, will be furiously refreshing the existing inventory page hoping someone misses their window and my exact specs pop up! I’m also traveling this week for work, so hoping that occupies my mind a little more than it has been the last couple of weeks!
I think you and I are on similar delivery timelines. Ordered 6/3 and showing 8-12 weeks.

Reactions: mtrois
Update: scheduled my Pickup for Wednesday! White on white LR sport wheels FSD. I didn’t blurr the vin just so you guys can see where they are with the million car mark. Vallejo CA.View attachment 676038

View attachment 676039

They sent you a text after your Vin to schedule delivery and payment yes? My estimate says 21-25th but no text just a Vin today. Curious

Reactions: Jacbuc1
Decided to run the same data but this time for orders between March 1st and June 1st that have been delivered or received a VIN.
Couple interesting things. There are 225 that have received a VIN or have been delivered compared to 224 orders that have not received a VIN or been delivered. Kind of shocking that there is a similar number. Makes me wonder how many of those 224 remaining orders will actually get delivered.
Distributions for filled versus unfilled orders seem fairly similar with a couple small differences. White exterior paint seems to get left to last, California orders seem weighted more towards the end of the quarter although there still have been a lot of CA orders delivered already.
1624322026974.png

1624322043842.png

1624322058999.png