Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DEB957A9-5F9A-44BC-AA01-C53C28CD0EEF.jpeg
Just spotted this on the commute to work this morning. It’s on the 210 East just east of the 210/118. My delivery center is Burbank, so this doesn’t apply to me. Maybe this will bring some hope to some of you.

24 hours to go until I pick up my car!!
For those of you who have already taken delivery and are still lurking on here, did they send you financing paperwork to sign before pickup? Or did you sign everything in person at pickup?
As soon as I pick up, we are going straight to get the windows tinted, and then we will have a exciting 2 hour drive back home! I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight
Well I answered my own question. They send you a email right at 24 hours before delivery that tells you to sign into your account and e-sign the loan documents. If you have a co-sign they will have to create and log into their own account and e-sign as well.

I have exactly the same configuration as yours. Ordered on 4/21, Seattle. And currently showing a 7-10 weeks EDD. So confused, Did your EDD get updates?
My EDD has been all over the place with various dates from from May to August throughout. Just this morning my EDD updated to June 26-30 so double check yours, it looks like they're really trying to squeeze us in with the last round of 2Q21 deliveries.

Reactions: Thjones
This might be a dumb question, but this will be my first time buying a car from a dealership, and my first time buying a brand new car.

Will they give me some kind of temporary plate to put on the car when I am there? Should I bring my plate from my old car?

Also, I am buying in a different state and I will register the car in (I am buying in Colorado, and registering in New Mexico) – Will I be paying taxes when I register the car in NM?

View attachment 676232Just spotted this on the commute to work this morning. It’s on the 210 East just east of the 210/118. My delivery center is Burbank, so this doesn’t apply to me. Maybe this will bring some hope to some of you.
One thing I noticed both in this pic and in the Fremont factory drone fly over videos, is that I didn't see that the aero covers are installed during transport. So, guessing the Service Center adds them at some point before delivery.

At the risk of starting a "Why do you want to remove the aero covers?!" debate... For those that had planned on removing the aero wheels anyway, has anyone been successful in asking SC to not add them and put them in the trunk?

Reactions: JoJa15
This might be a dumb question, but this will be my first time buying a car from a dealership, and my first time buying a brand new car.

Will they give me some kind of temporary plate to put on the car when I am there? Should I bring my plate from my old car?

Also, I am buying in a different state and I will register the car in (I am buying in Colorado, and registering in New Mexico) – Will I be paying taxes when I register the car in NM?
Don't worry, they should give you a temp tag that lasts around 3-4 weeks so you have time to register it, you will most likely pay taxes once you register in NM.

Reactions: egds

You picked one hell of an experience for your first car. Tesla is in no way a normal dealership experience and buying across state lines in a normal situation can be rough by itself. My last purchase was a Ford and was across states and half the dealer's didn't know how to properly handle it.

Add in Tesla to that mess and you likely will have zero concrete answers until you buy your car and go through the process. So basically, no one has any clue how your unique situation will be handled and it depends a lot on various state laws and in your case, you have two states to deal with. I'd call both Tesla in Colorado and New Mexico and see if they have any better guidance, but be prepared for conflicting answers.

Reactions: egds and ytfsic
So my delivery time today is between 8 & 10am coming from Marina Del Rey California. Anyone experience delivery from this place? I’m sitting outside waiting for delivery to my house in Torrance. Are they ever late? It’s 920am and nothing in sight