Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WHY do we do this to ourselves!???!! Haha, I know the TESLA is great, but this is an absurd way to do business...

To be honest, I think we represent a small subset of Tesla buyers. I think most buyers, place their order, see the estimated delivery date and move on with their life until they are contacted by Tesla to schedule their pick up.

Has anyone heard about Delivery Day early shows being accommodated? I am travelling about 200 miles and have no way of getting there on time...in fact I'll be in the city at 6am while the delivery is scheduled for 1pm o_O... Appreciate any insight.
Soto elaborate/address my own concern...I suppose my SA is one of the good ones-he'd the delivery date spot on month in advance, always responsive, and finally able to move my delivery schedule 2hrs early!!! Only 20 mins away now!!! So if you are in touch with your SA and happen to be available for delivery few hours earlier, give them a shot. FYI, I only had superb Tesla support throughout including wall station delivery experience. My SA have been assigned based on online chat I initiated after the order, and he was fantastic. Good luck, Teslaheads!

Literally me whenever I contact my SA.

5eevjm.jpg

To be honest, I think we represent a small subset of Tesla buyers. I think most buyers, place their order, see the estimated delivery date and move on with their life until they are contacted by Tesla to schedule their pick up.
Lots of good points as to why we do this - also this -- sadly I'm in a position where I need a car so it's 10x more annoying/stressful.... It was this or a Prius Prime.... I still don't regret my decision.

Reactions: stEVe91941
I also test drove a California Edition Mach-E and, while I don't think they should have called it a Mustang, It was a very nice car. So nice, that I started looking at financing options that weekend. The following weekend, however, I test drove a M3LR and I immediately ordered! I could have had my Mach-E from dealer stock 2 months ago, but I don't think I'll regret my decision.

On that note, however, I guess my M3 was damaged during transport to Buena Park. My delivery for 6/23 was pushed back to 6/28 because the Detail team needed more time with the car......I'm guessing broken windshield but let's see wtf they did to it.
I would be kind of sad if that happened to me. Hopefully they will tell you what was damaged.

Interesting - I see you have the 19” wheels… I’m starting to confirm my suspicions that everything with any upgrades beyond the basics are getting priority.
I had a blue/black with upgraded wheels and got my VIN after someone who ordered after me and had blue/black with Aero wheels, same delivery center. I do think there is something to this theory though but it's definitely not 100%.