Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was under the impression that once FSD was unlocked it was permanently tied to the vehicle and couldn't be turned off? So if you canceled, you'd have to change to another car and that may impact your delivery date?
I believe you can order upgrades post purchase like FSD/acceleration boost, etc and have 48 hours to get a refund. After that you can purchase it again but then no opportunity for refund. I do not know how it works though if your purchase FSD before taking delivery of the car.

Reactions: hcdavis3
I believe you can order upgrades post purchase like FSD/acceleration boost, etc and have 48 hours to get a refund. After that you can purchase it again but then no opportunity for refund. I do not know how it works though if your purchase FSD before taking delivery of the car.
Post purchase won’t help me getting bumped up in the queue

Do they actually physically drive your car to your location (i.e. higher miles on your odometer) or do the flat bed it to your location?
From the posts I've seen from others, it is driven.

Also see info in this link about Tesla Direct. Even in the video, it shows a Tesla employee driving up in the delivered car.

But there is also Carrier Direct which is described as a "fee-based option is available for customers who prefer to have their car delivered, and who live more than 220 miles from the nearest Tesla delivery location." Believe this option is delivered on a truck.

• Informative
Reactions: JoJa15
Picked up this morning in Mt. Kisco. Everything went really smoothly. There are no scratches anywhere on the car, but the only thing that is a little unsightly is the Hood is really misaligned...it's high on one side and low on the other. Hoping they can fix this, but it wasn't enough to reject delivery. The steering is slightly off center, but there's are really the only two things, so again, hoping this can all be corrected post delivery. Car drives very very well indeed and family is pumped about it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just poking around the SC and my car was somewhere back in detail. I did notice though they had a MFG Date and VIN on every car

I saw some MFG Date of 6/20 with VINS like 998XXX, 999XXX, and MFG Date of 6/21 with 997XXX, 998XXX, etc..

So it doesn't seem like the VIN is entirely sequential
Yeah, the VIN includes a letter that says what year the car was built. for 2021 the letter is "M".
1624644610426.png

Picked up this morning in Mt. Kisco. Everything went really smoothly. There are no scratches anywhere on the car, but the only thing that is a little unsightly is the Hood is really misaligned...it's high on one side and low on the other. Hoping they can fix this, but it wasn't enough to reject delivery. The steering is slightly off center, but there's are really the only two things, so again, hoping this can all be corrected post delivery. Car drives very very well indeed and family is pumped about it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats!! These are the stories that kind of freak me out. Both of your issues sound completely correctable but I'm pretty OCD about this kind of stuff so I'm scared of how my appointment tomorrow is going to go.

Congratulations on the arrival of the new car! I noticed that you ordered the exact same, EVERYTHING, that I did! haha. I ordered on May 8, and will be picking up at Carlsbad, as well! So just know, there will be 2 (AWESOME) white model 3's. Don't drive off in mine ;) lol

BTW, I see you're a scientist. You don't, by chance, work at TFS, do you?
Ha! I'll find both and pick the one without any gaps or dings :p jk! I will be plastidipping my rims black, so they won't be identical for long haha.

Nope, I am not at TFS. I'm at a small biotech (immuno-oncology research).

The steering being slightly off center would drive me bonkers lol. The good thing though is both of those problems should be very easy to fix. There are probably adjustments for the hood and a good alignment will fix the wheel centering. All can be done in an hour or two probably.

Reactions: Ace777 and hcdavis3
Congrats!! These are the stories that kind of freak me out. Both of your issues sound completely correctable but I'm pretty OCD about this kind of stuff so I'm scared of how my appointment tomorrow is going to go.

Yes, it's definitely on my mind now. It's pretty bad. The right side is about 1/8 of inch above the right fender and the left side is about 1/8 of inch below the height of the left fender. The gap I live with, but the uneven height is pretty bad. You can even see if while driving the car. Coming from German cars I was prepared for this so I just have to see if it can be fixed. I just didn't want to reject the car because everything else is pretty good shape.

Reactions: JoJa15 and hcdavis3