Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's your EDD? It's definitely annoying to see May orders already posting pics of their new cars, but I get that this is a publicly traded company and they're banking another $2k each from those later buyers. This is capitalism 101 and it doesn't have to be fair, in fact they probably wouldn't mind seeing every remaining $47k April order canceled so they can fill new orders sooner.
June 27 - June 30.

Also, customer first is also capitalism 101. No transparency and zero communication is frustrating for the customer. Not to mention, they will have to recognize my purchase at some point, whether it is this quarter or next.

edit: i also don't trust any EDD lol

Reactions: scenicroadways
Ha! I actually just got the call about whether I want them to just deliver it to me (I'm in Encinitas). There is something about going there, though (I work in Carlsbad) that I want, so declined. I need that full experience ;) I might just go, today, as they said it's cleaned up and ready!!
I got a call from Carlsbad JUST as I got on a work call. I checked the voicemail and they said it was ready today too. I called back to tell them I could come at 3PM, and they said “you know what, let’s just deliver it to you at work (La Jolla).” I sold my Civic 4 days after I bought my M3 so I have been car-less for a while. I am tired of driving my husband’s truck so I took the delivery option gladly lol. I think it’s on the way! SO EXCITED!!!

Something to be mindful of... I had originally put in my original order stating that I'd finance 100% (through my bank) because I was under the impression that I would get a call within the 24 hours prior to finalize my payment information and be able to update anything I needed to at that time. What seems to have happened, though, is that because my loan was marked as 100% financed they weren't planning on reaching out to me and the website didn't provide a place for me to put any down payment. I had to reach out to them myself to ensure they had updated financing paperwork from my bank and they could enable me to input my down payment information. Just a cautionary tale. The Operations Advisor (?) that I talked to today was very direct and easy to work with. May have been a robot, but I'm ok with that.
Great heads-up on this one. I thought "loan" was what you chose oly if you wanted financing through Tesla. Instead I put cash since I am getting financing through BofA at 1.6%. I just contacted my SA who updated my order to financing. He input the amount financed and what my downpayment amount will be. My account page updated right away.

• Informative
Reactions: Ace777
Great heads-up on this one. I thought "loan" was what you chose oly if you wanted financing through Tesla. Instead I put cash since I am getting financing through BofA at 1.6%. I just contacted my SA who updated my order to financing. He input the amount financed and what my downpayment amount will be. My account page updated right away.
Whoa! and just got my VIN!

I have a VIN!
20210625_144549.jpg

I stopped by Houston Westchase at lunch. There was a Blue LR there.

The Ebony wood looks fantastic. It really lightens up a lot in the sun. If you look at my pics in the shadow, that’s the overall impression you get. But when the sun hits it, it gets lighter. Looks great.

Interior is a HUGE improvement.

View attachment 677681View attachment 677682
Is the ebony with the black interior and the lighter wood is with the white?

I just stopped by the Scottsdale SC to see if my car was there early. They are very busy delivering Model S Plaids. Interestingly enough when I left I found their holding lot right down the road. It's literally just a fenced in vacant parking lot behind a Best Buy. They had literally hundreds of new Teslas there, I was shocked.

Attachments

• 20210625_145117.jpg
    20210625_145117.jpg
    726 KB · Views: 35