Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Local SA called me asking if I could come a day early and get the car. I was like, I need an hour or so to look it over. Wanted to schedule me for the last appt of the day.

Said I would need to accept the car before getting to it etc..I was like, yeah right. I want to look it over before I accept it.

This ought to be good. Acting like this is unheard of what I'm asking.....

This same SA also was trying to downplay and dispel forum ranting that is is all overblown like the door seals, QC etc...Try to lay the ground work from the start like there is nothing to worry about!!

I get they operate a bit differently, and I hope the few reports on here are really the 1% and not the 15% it really is of all cars.

Last edited:
UPDATE! Got a call from my Delivery Center and they said I can pick up the car today. I'm actually currently sitting in the showroom waiting on them to fix my front driver door as it sat a little high than the front passenger. Everything looks good so far. Super stoked!! Will post pics! 👌🏽
Looking forward to pics! It looks like a couple of you have your dates switched earlier . My appt is Tuesday, hopefully I get a call tomorrow asking if want it sooner lol.
I called the store today and they said the car is waiting to get shipped

M3 LR White/White ordered 5/8 picked up today 6/26. Everything looks fine to me. It drives great. I checked in on my phone, signed some papers in the car and left them in a box outside of the SC in Scottsdale, then ate Ted’s Hot Dogs in Arizona. Go Bills!
A2095434-3A06-402A-96EA-5DC5EC1684AE.jpeg

Those who got theirs delivered at home, what proof did they ask? I paid my down payment but my financing institution is issuing the check on Monday for Tesla and my delivery got rescheduled to tomorrow. Would that be an issue? My SA is out for the day and probably won't be back until Monday.

Had you already scheduled an appointment? Curious, because I have delivery appointment at the Macadam service center and thought portland area wouldn't offer home delivery.
Yeah, I had scheduled on the site and they called me the next day to ask if I wanted delivery, which of course I jumped on. I had been told twice previously that they didn't do home delivery. The coordinator said I was delivery #7 that day so I guess they are delivering.

Reactions: KeslaBlue
Ok I'm fully delivered. When I arrived I found my car parked out front. They let me into the car before accepting delivery. I was able to do the full checklist and had zero pressure from anyone to accept before I wanted to. I've attached my delivery checklist. As far as issues, there were scratches on the front driver side bumper that they got the detailing folks and were able to mostly buff out immediately right then and there. Very accommodating bunch of people. I think someone else mentioned this, the stitching on the white interior is weird. I thought it was wrong but my mom who was there with me said she saw it on other cars too. The stitching looks like they only stitched one side and didn't stitch the other on a seam. There were no panel gap issues... Well, not really. My car's trunk was obviously closer to one side than the other when I looked closely but it didn't impede opening and closing. We compared it to the demo next to it and that car had the same "issue". There was no additional road noise from this and I'm not considering it an issue. Honestly there were no issues worth noting. I mean, if you were super picky some areas were a little dirty but it's a white interior, what would you expect, yaknow?

I was able to meet my SA that I had been communicating with during the whole process and she was lovely. The whole gang up front was responsive. Getting my phone set up as the key went without a hitch. As soon as I sat in the car to take it home I will guiltily admit that I did buy the acceleration boost upgrade. It was an instant process and I was too scared to break the car and did really get to test it out.

Some Tesla guy came by as I was finishing up my checklist, the only guy I didn't know any backstory on. He asked if I had waited too long and I was like "Yes. and yall need to shoot whoever is responsible for the EDD." I explained how the "delivery is dependent on location, product ordered, etc" is bullhockey and they need to be more straight forward. I proposed a solution and he countered with some insight that I'm going to try to convey without adding my own inferences:

This quarter's EDD SNAFUs were because they were attempting to change how EDD was calculated to be MORE accurate but instead ended up making it worse. He said that this was exacerbated by the supply shortages making things even worse. He also said that performance and standard range DO get delivered a little more what would seem unpredictably because less popular models are easier to "slot in" compared to the most in demand models.​

I countered that there was no rhyme or reason because I saw people that ordered after me getting VINs and he didn't have an explanation for it. This guy seemed suspiciously informed and I didn't know his role in the larger hierarchy. I did let him know generally our overall experiences this quarter and he didn't sound surprised but more like he thought this quarter was an exception.

OK let's see, what else do we normally get asked. I ordered 4/11, I received my VIN 6/22 and my delivery date was 6/26. My VIN, as I mentioned, ended in 9998XX and was manufactured 6/2021 based on the sticker on the door sill. Tesla vision autopilot autosteer is OK. Not as good as my mom's 2018 Volvo XC60. The sound system is fantastic. It hit 103 today here in the Seattle area and the AC was able to easily cool it down 30 degrees in 3 minutes. My car's roof tint was enough to handle the heat, I am not going to need the Tesla roof sun shade I bought. The Youtube app is broken and Google says it's not secure enough, so don't count on being able to use that.

Oh, I asked why my phone didn't get access to my car 24 hours before the appointment. They said they used to do that but owners were honking horns etc. Now you get access to the car via app during delivery. I was fully signed out of the app when they gave my phone app access so I cannot speak to what's best for that.

Anything I forgot to cover, my ordering brethren?

Attachments

• acceptingdelivery.png
    acceptingdelivery.png
    105.3 KB · Views: 60
  • inside.jpg
    inside.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 58
  • obligatoryoutsidepic.jpg
    obligatoryoutsidepic.jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 54
  • purchase Acceleration Boost.png
    purchase Acceleration Boost.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 61
  • Delivery checklist.pdf
    421.4 KB · Views: 47
Ok I'm fully delivered. When I arrived I found my car parked out front. They let me into the car before accepting delivery. I was able to do the full checklist and had zero pressure from anyone to accept before I wanted to. I've attached my delivery checklist. As far as issues, there were scratches on the front driver side bumper that they got the detailing folks and were able to mostly buff out immediately right then and there. Very accommodating bunch of people. I think someone else mentioned this, the stitching on the white interior is weird. I thought it was wrong but my mom who was there with me said she saw it on other cars too. The stitching looks like they only stitched one side and didn't stitch the other on a seam. There were no panel gap issues... Well, not really. My car's trunk was obviously closer to one side than the other when I looked closely but it didn't impede opening and closing. We compared it to the demo next to it and that car had the same "issue". There was no additional road noise from this and I'm not considering it an issue. Honestly there were no issues worth noting. I mean, if you were super picky some areas were a little dirty but it's a white interior, what would you expect, yaknow?

I was able to meet my SA that I had been communicating with during the whole process and she was lovely. The whole gang up front was responsive. Getting my phone set up as the key went without a hitch. As soon as I sat in the car to take it home I will guiltily admit that I did buy the acceleration boost upgrade. It was an instant process and I was too scared to break the car and did really get to test it out.

Some Tesla guy came by as I was finishing up my checklist, the only guy I didn't know any backstory on. He asked if I had waited too long and I was like "Yes. and yall need to shoot whoever is responsible for the EDD." I explained how the "delivery is dependent on location, product ordered, etc" is bullhockey and they need to be more straight forward. I proposed a solution and he countered with some insight that I'm going to try to convey without adding my own inferences:

This quarter's EDD SNAFUs were because they were attempting to change how EDD was calculated to be MORE accurate but instead ended up making it worse. He said that this was exacerbated by the supply shortages making things even worse. He also said that performance and standard range DO get delivered a little more what would seem unpredictably because less popular models are easier to "slot in" compared to the most in demand models.​

I countered that there was no rhyme or reason because I saw people that ordered after me getting VINs and he didn't have an explanation for it. This guy seemed suspiciously informed and I didn't know his role in the larger hierarchy. I did let him know generally our overall experiences this quarter and he didn't sound surprised but more like he thought this quarter was an exception.

OK let's see, what else do we normally get asked. I ordered 4/11, I received my VIN 6/22 and my delivery date was 6/26. My VIN, as I mentioned, ended in 9998XX and was manufactured 6/2021 based on the sticker on the door sill. Tesla vision autopilot autosteer is OK. Not as good as my mom's 2018 Volvo XC60. The sound system is fantastic. It hit 103 today here in the Seattle area and the AC was able to easily cool it down 30 degrees in 3 minutes. My car's roof tint was enough to handle the heat, I am not going to need the Tesla roof sun shade I bought. The Youtube app is broken and Google says it's not secure enough, so don't count on being able to use that.

Oh, I asked why my phone didn't get access to my car 24 hours before the appointment. They said they used to do that but owners were honking horns etc. Now you get access to the car via app during delivery. I was fully signed out of the app when they gave my phone app access so I cannot speak to what's best for that.

Anything I forgot to cover, my ordering brethren?
Congrats, beautiful car, and great info!

Reactions: ytfsic
Local SA called me asking if I could come a day early and get the car. I was like, I need an hour or so to look it over. Wanted to schedule me for the last appt of the day.

Said I would need to accept the car before getting to it etc..I was like, yeah right. I want to look it over before I accept it.

This ought to be good. Acting like this is unheard of what I'm asking.....

This same SA also was trying to downplay and dispel forum ranting that is is all overblown like the door seals, QC etc...Try to lay the ground work from the start like there is nothing to worry about!!

I get they operate a bit differently, and I hope the few reports on here are really the 1% and not the 15% it really is of all cars.
My Tesla 100% had no problem with me getting into the car before accepting it. None. There are some pretty big red flags being thrown.

I really didn’t have bad QC on the one I picked up today. Still, even so, once you own it you own it so you’re entitled to check it just as you wouldn’t any other car you’d buy. This guy/gal sounds like a tool. My SA DID make it sound like the QC issues were not as bad as it sounds on the forums as well but there were some minor ones that look just endemic to the product re: panel gaps. I hope you don’t cave in, you should get the delivery experience you want. You’re not asking for a lot.

Delivery went off without a hitch. After being called and told they needed to move it back two hours, they called again and said they could meet the original time after all.

No issues other than a slightly recessed back door handle which I have an appointment next week to get fixed. Hopefully at the same time I can have them install the homelink module.

I took my wife and a few of her friends for a drive. I didn't tell her I got the accel boost yet. ;) They all loved it and now one of them plans to put in an order.

Attachments

• 20210626_192455.jpg
    20210626_192455.jpg
    773.7 KB · Views: 54
Delivery went off without a hitch. After being called and told they needed to move it back two hours, they called again and said they could meet the original time after all.

No issues other than a slightly recessed back door handle which I have an appointment next week to get fixed. Hopefully at the same time I can have them install the homelink module.

I took my wife and a few of her friends for a drive. I didn't tell her I got the accel boost yet. ;) They all loved it and now one of them plans to put in an order.
Beautiful car! Make sure they use your referral code (from the loot box screen in the phone app) to make the order. You both get 1,000 free supercharging miles each.