Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very cool. Bro, you deserve it. By the way, if you have an Apple Watch, take a look at the Watch for Tesla app. I'm still in my first week of graduating from this class, and this app felt like an extra graduation present.
I will definitely check it out. I heard some apps like that can create extra vampire drain by keeping the car from going to sleep. Is that true or just a rumor? I do have an apple watch and really would like the idea of being able to control functionality of the car from the watch. What are you able to do with the app? How responsive/quick is the car to respond to commands from the watch app? Definitely considering it!

I will definitely check it out. I heard some apps like that can create extra vampire drain by keeping the car from going to sleep. Is that true or just a rumor? I do have an apple watch and really would like the idea of being able to control functionality of the car from the watch. What are you able to do with the app? How responsive/quick is the car to respond to commands from the watch app? Definitely considering it!

The Watch for Tesla app has settings to control waking the car up. Look for "Allow wake in background." If you do want to allow the app to wake the car, you can set the interval up to a maximum of five hours.

I have Teslamate installed and can confirm the Watch for Tesla app is not waking my car up.

I mostly use the app for unlocking the car or opening the trunk/frunk when I don't have my iPhone with me. The time to wake the car and then perform the requested action is maybe 10 to 15 seconds.

• Helpful
Reactions: JoJa15
So I just started using it last night. Here's my observation:

1. I did not see any phantom drain overnight.
2. I've tried some of the functions that I feel I would use. There was a 15 second lag the very first time I tried it, but the lag went down to about 1 second thereafter for the next 15 commands.
3. Some of the commands I find useful:
- Open Trunk
- Close Trunk
- Open Frunk
- Unlock Door
- Set Climate (for inside car A/C)
- Unlock Door (when I'm not near the car)
- Flash
- Honk
- Open Charge Port
- Open Windows
- Close Windows

So basically, it does everything I can do with the Tesla app, except I can just use Siri on my watch to do it without navigating through the Tesla app.

• Helpful
Reactions: JoJa15
Got my delivery last night, car is beautiful. There is a small panel gap in the driver's side rear bumper, where you can almost see the clips, and some small scratches on the rear DS window, but other than that, the car is perfect and beautiful. Had several neighbors stop and comment as it was being delivered. Got plenty of compliments, and I believe it's the 1st Tesla in this neighborhood.

Now to find a place for the 14-50 install
image0.jpg

Got my delivery last night, car is beautiful. There is a small panel gap in the driver's side rear bumper, where you can almost see the clips, and some small scratches on the rear DS window, but other than that, the car is perfect and beautiful. Had several neighbors stop and comment as it was being delivered. Got plenty of compliments, and I believe it's the 1st Tesla in this neighborhood.

Now to find a place for the 14-50 install
View attachment 678760
This looks like my exact configuration 😍😍

Picking up today. With my luck, surely it will not go well. But maybe the World will surprise me for once in my life?!?!

A little annoyed already that 2 different delivery people called me yesterday, the same person 4 times. After each call and some basic questions about my delivery, hang up, and 1 minute later, call back with another question or two. Same person calls back 2hrs later with the exact same questions?!?!

I mean, seems like they've neve had anybody come in, want to inspect a car, and delivered a vehicle to anybody?!?!

Guess I was spoiled buying my wife's new BMW X3 1 month ago...experience was about as you would expect for a car that cost the exact same as this Tesla, but flawless the experience start/finish.

Will report back!!! Pray for me and this Tesla!!!

On 6/25, delivery was originally scheduled for today 6/28. Then yesterday 6/27, got a text and voicemail saying that "your vehicle is still in production and should be coming off the factory line soon. We have moved you appointment 48 hours to allow time for the vehicle to arrive."

Delivery now changed from 6/28 to 6/30 in account. So the wait continues...

Hoping this is Andrew's last graduation present!

On 6/25, delivery was originally scheduled for today 6/28. Then yesterday 6/27, got a text and voicemail saying that "your vehicle is still in production and should be coming off the factory line soon. We have moved you appointment 48 hours to allow time for the vehicle to arrive."

Delivery now changed from 6/28 to 6/30 in account. So the wait continues...

Hoping this is Andrew's last graduation present!

I keep checking if you and Joja15 have gotten your cars yet

I ordered a M3LR on 6/16 and decided to test drive Saturday in case I hated it. Spoiler alert: I didn't. I got 4 confirmation emails about the test drive, including one after I got back home. My EDD right now is 7/12-8/1, but the advisor I spoke with said I shouldn't expect it before September.
I ordered the same time and have 7-7/7-27 edd. I was hoping for Aug be we will see

Been lurking for a while since I ordered my new white/white, LR, 18 inch wheels M3 on 6/16. I currently have a 2018 LR in MSM and will be selling it because the value I'm getting is just way too high to ignore. Currently, my EDD shows 7/11-7/31, but I'm not really going to put a lot of stock in that. Hope they follow through, though. Can't imagine the frustration of ordering in April and still not having the car. But, trust me, it WILL be worth the wait.

OK so Andrew the squirrel was not done with me yet. I just got a call an hour before my pickup that they are really backed up and the car still needs to go through inspections, software updates, etc. They said they need to move me to the 30th. Bruh! I was very polite and asked why they are letting me know an hour before my pickup that it will not be ready until the 30th? If they are so backed up they surely had to have known earlier. I did not really get much of an answer except sorry. It is a major bummer that they waited until the last moment to tell me. I am going to go back to my corner and rock back and forth until I get a call...
giphy.gif

OK so Andrew the squirrel was not done with me yet. I just got a call an hour before my pickup that they are really backed up and the car still needs to go through inspections, software updates, etc. They said they need to move me to the 30th. Bruh! I was very polite and asked why they are letting me know an hour before my pickup that it will not be ready until the 30th? If they are so backed up they surely had to have known earlier. I did not really get much of an answer except sorry. It is a major bummer that they waited until the last moment to tell me. I am going to go back to my corner and rock back and forth until I get a call...
giphy.gif
Wow ! That's rude... My original pick-up was 6/29 and yesterday they said that i can pick up today 6/28 at 6PM.. I'll be super bummed if they hit me with the "oh it's delayed"