Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an appointment at my dealer tomorrow(6/28) at 4:00pm, but my SA warned me yesterday when I reached out, to not be super committed as my VIN was showing as pre-production. In other words, yet to be built, loaded, transported, inspected or detailed. Only hope is my 3 hour proximity to Fremont.
We can’t take anything for granted when it comes to dates from Tesla. Reach out to your SA first. I feel for the SAs as they’re stuck putting out the fire. Not to mention, they’re likely fielding hundreds of calls and texts per day. If we go by the date on the website, we might be making several trips…
Kinda sounds familiar. The one I’m getting originally said in transport but when talking to my SA, I was told it was still on the assembly line. Promised I’d have my car in 1-3 days, but then my order page shows my delivery appointment at 9am-6pm on the 29th, “We will notify you when your car has arrived at your delivery location.”

huh?

Last edited:
Reactions: stEVe91941
Should I wait for my Tesla trade in valuation to be completed before accepting financing? The only thing pending for the trade in is the payoff amount.
Financing reflects a negative amount which is approx the payoff amount. So I think it’ll be neutral after the trade in processes?

Happy VIN day to me! The changing of the profile pic seemed to work. My EDD crept daily from 6/27-6/30, 6/28-6/30, 6/29-6/30

Then about an hour ago I got the Tesla vision screen and a VIN! EDD now 6/30-7/7

Nervous to be getting a car born on end of Q2 but excited also.- ordered May 31.
Just got my VIN today as well! My EDD is still 6/29-6/30.

I'm a few pages behind on this forum since I received my car but I had a similar experience at Raintree on Friday.

I showed up and there's Tesla employees running all around but no help to be found. I had everything squared away beforehand so I was able to open my car via the app but found out my car was only charged to 150 miles. Not a huge deal since I'm local but frustrating out of principle. I was also missing my floor mats, so had to hunt someone down to fix. Not sure how those get overlooked.

My car looked mostly fine. One of the door handles were slightly sunk in, not very much. There was some kind of paint/metal problem with a tiny spot on the edge of the front trunk. I don't even know how to describe it but you can feel it and barely see it at certain angles. It looks like the sheet metal was slightly bent and just painted over. The gap around that area is slightly larger too.

Inside all I saw was some messed up door seals at the top of both rear doors, something 90% of people would never notice or even care about. Overall the car isn't in bad shape but not perfect either.
Yes it is hard to keep up after you receive the car and have life going on. I made an appointment for 7/12 on Saturday through the app so it will be a while before I see a resolution but hopefully the can make it look good. I have the same thing on the rear weather stripping and will fix it on my own if I decide to do anything with it.

Reactions: PsyD
Just got my call to confirm delivery tomorrow! Hoping my car gets to Reno today because my SA said I could get it today if it does.
Congrats dude! My delivery is tomorrow to. Here is wishing that when you receive your car it is perfect and you drive off in Bliss! I feel like we are all graduating High School and signing each others year books lol.

Ooof i got another call to confirm yet again my delivery for Tuesday. I asked if it’s gonna be sooner and they told me again that it’s in the assembly line. Lmao if they delay it I’m going to die.

I even mentioned that in the event the car needs to be delayed can they please let me know ahead of time so that I don’t take a day off work for nothing, they assured me they will.
I got a call too. I asked my SA when the car was born. She said wait a second and she would check. She came back and said, "ohhhh your car just got finished manufacturing.". I pick it up tomorrow at 11 am PST. This will be the newest car I have ever owned.

I have an appointment at my dealer tomorrow(6/28) at 4:00pm, but my SA warned me yesterday when I reached out, to not be super committed as my VIN was showing as pre-production. In other words, yet to be built, loaded, transported, inspected or detailed. Only hope is my 3 hour proximity to Fremont.

We can’t take anything for granted when it comes to dates from Tesla. Reach out to your SA first. I feel for the SAs as they’re stuck putting out the fire. Not to mention, they’re likely fielding hundreds of calls and texts per day. If we go by the date on the website, we might be making several trips…

Happy VIN day to me! The changing of the profile pic seemed to work. My EDD crept daily from 6/27-6/30, 6/28-6/30, 6/29-6/30

Then about an hour ago I got the Tesla vision screen and a VIN! EDD now 6/30-7/7

Nervous to be getting a car born on end of Q2 but excited also.- ordered May 31.
I am telling you, switching the profile to Andrew the squirrel makes all the difference lol! I can just imagine future quarters when people look back to see what was happening at the end of the June quarter. They are going to be what drugs were these people on! lol!

The person who reached out about the car says you can not get into the car before accepting delivery. They do all touchless now…wth?
When I got my confirmation call they said my car just got done being manufactured. I think it is very possible the same happened for your car. When I stopped by the SC earlier this morning there was a transporter there and a line of new Y's/3's being detailed. I bet our cars will be transported sometime later today/tonight or early tomorrow morning.

So on a related note I heard someone say to not wash your car for a month to give the paint time to cure. Anyone know if that is true or not? If our cars were just manufactured the paint has to be FRESH!

Update: also got a VIN today! EDD was showing 7-11 weeks for a few days but then this morning it updated to 6/29-6/30 and I got my VIN ~1pm PT. No updates in my account to let me make my down payment yet but I’m assuming that will update over the next couple of days (guessing my car isn’t in production yet).

I was worried when I didn’t get the June delivery text that I’d have to wait until July/August to get my car but my SA emailed me on Friday letting me know that I was still slated to get my car by the end of the month. Super stoked!

M3 LR AWD Red/Black/18” Aero Wheels, no FSD. Ordered 5/16, picking up in Palo Alto.

Yes it is hard to keep up after you receive the car and have life going on. I made an appointment for 7/12 on Saturday through the app so it will be a while before I see a resolution but hopefully the can make it look good. I have the same thing on the rear weather stripping and will fix it on my own if I decide to do anything with it.
I booked a mobile appointment for Friday to give myself a 4 day weekend. Tesla still has to review my service request so no idea what they'll do about the hood. I'm no mechanic but it looks like a new hood is in order to fix correctly, but I'm sure they'll mess it up more instead trying to fix it.

• Informative
Reactions: Tazzman and JoJa15
When I got my confirmation call they said my car just got done being manufactured. I think it is very possible the same happened for your car. When I stopped by the SC earlier this morning there was a transporter there and a line of new Y's/3's being detailed. I bet our cars will be transported sometime later today/tonight or early tomorrow morning.

So on a related note I heard someone say to not wash your car for a month to give the paint time to cure. Anyone know if that is true or not? If our cars were just manufactured the paint has to be FRESH!
After a kid rear ended me last year, they repainted a bunch of panels and the body shop told me to only hand wash it for about 30 days. The automatic car washes were a no no. I'm assuming the same applies here. Although given how soft Tesla paint is, I'd never go through a carwash with it anyways. Just my 2 cents.

After a kid rear ended me last year, they repainted a bunch of panels and the body shop told me to only hand wash it for about 30 days. The automatic car washes were a no no. I'm assuming the same applies here. Although given how soft Tesla paint is, I'd never go through a carwash with it anyways. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for the info! I did some googling and the advice is all over the board. Some say don't wash for 30 days some say you can hand wash right away. Most say don't wax until the paint is 14-30 days old. So I will probably wait a week or two before hand washing (the car is garaged). I will then probably wait 30 days before I give it a ceramic coating.

Last edited:
Update: also got a VIN today! EDD was showing 7-11 weeks for a few days but then this morning it updated to 6/29-6/30 and I got my VIN ~1pm PT. No updates in my account to let me make my down payment yet but I’m assuming that will update over the next couple of days (guessing my car isn’t in production yet).

I was worried when I didn’t get the June delivery text that I’d have to wait until July/August to get my car but my SA emailed me on Friday letting me know that I was still slated to get my car by the end of the month. Super stoked!

M3 LR AWD Red/Black/18” Aero Wheels, no FSD. Ordered 5/16, picking up in Palo Alto.
Interesting. Hopefully I get a VIN here soon as well, as I have been at 7-11 weeks now for a while. SA actually called me and wanted to see if I would take a similar model with white interior, and while it looks nice, just isn’t for me, so if anyone in the PNW is in the mood for a white interior LR, maybe it’s listed now.

Reactions: stEVe91941