Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20210630_171951.jpg

Time to beat a dead horse but I really wish there was any level of consistency in how the EDD is interpreted. Just had a chat agent tell me that the 7-11 weeks EDD no longer is from order date but from current date.
I had a SA tell me this morning that when they don’t know the EDD it will default to what the current order page says. That makes more sense to me.

Finally took delivery on Day 85. Pleased to say, graduated with honors! Not quite Summa Cum Laude though, but much closer than I was bracing myself for.

Ordered: 4/7/21
Accepted Loan: 5/19
VIN:6/25
1st delivery date: 6/28 (Tesla delayed 2 days)
Actual delivery: 6/30/21
Picked up from Costa Mesa, CA.

Pick up was not at the SC, but at a parking structure nearby. Got a text a couple hours before scheduled time with instruction and parking spot number of my car. MANY cars being delivered, all with empty spaces between them giving extra inspection space. Tesla employees were walking around just to be available for question, occasionally asking if all was OK. No pressure at all. I was there for 2 hours going through "The Checklist"! <--Thanks @Firewifey

Had to accept delivery on app before I could use app to unlock my car. I checked for exterior damage before accepting. Paperwork was inside on a clipboard with a pen with instructions to sign highlighted section and give paperwork to employee on way to the exit.

No obvious panel gaps. Actually, the glass roof gaps were so close, I couldn't fit the Abstract Ocean Noise Reduction seal in.
The only minor thing I noticed was the driver side rear handle was sunk in more than the others.

Drove, handled and accelerated like a dream!

Spent the rest of the day removing aero covers, playing with accessories (some of which I forgot I bought) and giving friends thrill rides!

Very sorry to hear about those of you that got pushed out today. 😞

And would you look who made a special appearance to personally oversee my delivery!

Andrew said he wanted to apologize for all of the mayhem he caused all of us over the last few months. He said something about it being part of the initiation process, makes us stronger, blah blah blah. I wasn’t having it or listening, I just wanted to finally drive!
IMG_5539.JPG

so... I got the call at 6:50 this evening. We had a friend coming over going thru some tough times so I got dropped off at the dealership and it was the only blue one in the bunch. Parked closest to the dealership doors.

so much to share tomorrow / but the drive home I was smiling the whole way.

cant wait for my forum friends to experience the joy. I thought it was overhyped but it was not.

did not notice anything glaring at all. Will double check checklist tomorrow tho.

so... I got the call at 6:50 this evening. We had a friend coming over going thru some tough times so I got dropped off at the dealership and it was the only blue one in the bunch. Parked closest to the dealership doors.

so much to share tomorrow / but the drive home I was smiling the whole way.

cant wait for my forum friends to experience the joy. I thought it was overhyped but it was not.

did not notice anything glaring at all. Will double check checklist tomorrow tho.
Congrats and so happy for you!

You didn’t see any lone white ones sitting around out there did you?

And would you look who made a special appearance to personally oversee my delivery!

Andrew said he wanted to apologize for all of the mayhem he caused all of us over the last few months. He said something about it being part of the initiation process, makes us stronger, blah blah blah. I wasn’t having it or listening, I just wanted to finally drive!View attachment 679982

Congrats, looks great!

Nice color choice

And a big thanks for all of the help, support and info everyone in here has shared. The last few months would not have been as easy or as fun otherwise.

Especially to @ytfsic who manifested the "Andrew" glitch of Q2 '21 into a genetically engineered squirrel! And this "live photo" pic was a classic too!
Thanks to you too! It’s been more fun “cursing the squirrel” together, for sure. Happy driving’s. Me? I’m already finding new things to complain about, like shadow braking. A forum viewer’s job is never done!

Just saw a SA comment on someone’s FB post that delivery operations are not resuming until July 2nd. What a crock of Sh$7! I guess that’s why nobody would answer me when I asked why my delivery from today got rescheduled to July 3rd!
I was way tired last night when I posted this, but for clarity, here's what the SA posted to someone's question in a group post inquiring about his delivery date:

Hey XXX, I can completely understand how that can be frustrating. To give you some insight, Vins can be assigned at the factory towards the end of the build process even though they haven’t been quite finished yet. This would explain why you may have had your VIN now for a few days. We typically do not contact customers until we know that the vehicle has left our factory. During the busy two weeks we’ve had leading up to the end of quarter, we typically do not reach out to customers whose VINS will not make it to our show room in time to deliver before the last day of the Quarter. Rest assured that our factory will continue the build process of your car and our team will resume delivery operations on July 2nd! We’ll have an update for you very soon!​

Sounds like my road trip will either be super delayed (was going to get a jump start on the 3-day weekend traffic) or will have to take my ICE on a 3+ hour road trip that I was hoping to take my M3 on it's maiden voyage in and pick my M3 up on Sunday or Monday... if it ever shows up! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Isn't the international cars built in China now? Or are they a mix of Fremont built and China built cars?
Not sure. When I asked my SA about this, this is what he said:

"Hey! It used to be that way in the past but no anymore since we have that factory in China now" - But the China factory has been building model 3s since 2019 right so if this was accurate then we wouldnt see this trend even in the past quarter (Dip in deliveries in the US for first month of the quarter)