Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure. When I asked my SA about this, this is what he said:

"Hey! It used to be that way in the past but no anymore since we have that factory in China now" - But the China factory has been building model 3s since 2019 right so if this was accurate then we wouldnt see this trend even in the past quarter (Dip in deliveries in the US for first month of the quarter)
Yes, the Chinese factory has been building Model 3s for mainland China since 2019. Tesla just received authorization to ship export Chinese made Model 3s to the UK and other European countries in September 2020. Q3 would be the first quarter where production is at full capacity, given the semiconductor shortage, since they’ve been able to export Chinese made Model 3s. This was all covered in the Q1 earnings call and reported in the shareholder report. Hence why I’ve been trying to tell anyone who would listen that there’s a great chance that past history (Q3 FY20) does not predict well for Q3 FY21.

Here is my graduation speech. 👨‍🎓I got the call close to 7pm after giving up hope.

I dropped everything like I was having a baby. Threw on shorts, grabbed my go bag and bailed.

My wife saw it first - the only blue one in the lot. I had to accept delivery to look inside - but the outside looked good. No major flaws but I was also overwhelmed.

Inside looked great - connected my Bluetooth and played with the screen for a bit.

Ironically enough, several SAs walked by, all nice, and one actually walked up to me and asked how it was going and we chatted a bit. He gave me the tip of shutting the frunk (I didn’t know) you have to put your hands between the T and push down.

About 45 min later I felt ready to roll. What a drive home. It’s true - the drama of the wait is worth it.

I gave my friend who’s having a tough time a thrill ride - the smile on her face when you step on the gas... we oo’d and aa’d at it.

Another note that others have commented, this is the biggest car I've driven and I have to parallel park a lot so that will take some getting used to - but like any car you just have to feel out the dimensions... sensors obviously help too. When in doubt, stay further from the curb.

Now I can’t wait to really make it my own and play with the settings.

Thank you to all who shared thoughts, experiences and tips through this month of madness. I'll keep checking in for my friends in the trenches still and also because I've been conditioned to check this hourly.

Also did not get charged any of my 1,000 supercharging miles on the original charge.

TLDR: when you’re about to break, turn your pfp into a squirrel and a VIN Will drop from the sky.

Not sure. When I asked my SA about this, this is what he said:

"Hey! It used to be that way in the past but no anymore since we have that factory in China now" - But the China factory has been building model 3s since 2019 right so if this was accurate then we wouldnt see this trend even in the past quarter (Dip in deliveries in the US for first month of the quarter)
There are good few reasons why we could see that dip. One big one i could see after EoQ is system maintenance and routine checks on their manufacturing processes. Im not sure this would explain an entire month of slow production but it certainly could be part of it. Along with shipments being allotted to SC that have sold out of all their demo units. My local SC currently has no models available for test drive until second week of July.

I had a VIN today morning with EDD as Jun 30-July 3rd. Refreshed the page now and the VIN has disappeared! To make it worse, the EDD now says 7-11 weeks :/

I got my hopes high and started shopping for loans. God knows how many dings my credit has to take because of this!
I ordered my Blue LR on Apr 18 and had a June EDD for a while. I sold my car and am in a rental and my EDD disappeared too. I'm stuck on 7-10 week EDD for the past several days. I would hope now that we are in Q3, that the deliveries to non-CA orders will start flowing again. (I'm in WI)

I ordered my Blue LR on Apr 18 and had a June EDD for a while. I sold my car and am in a rental and my EDD disappeared too. I'm stuck on 7-10 week EDD for the past several days. I would hope now that we are in Q3, that the deliveries to non-CA orders will start flowing again. (I'm in WI)
That stinks. I almost sold my 3 hoping for a not too distant delivery day. Thank God I didn’t.

That really makes me wonder if mine showed up and my SA was just too overwhelmed yesterday to contact me... I'll give him a call in a bit and see if he actually picks up his phone this time. Sooo beyond annoyed, but super happy for you! Congrats!
Thank you - I almost started drinking right before the call came in haha - hang in there... you'll forget about all this mess... And yeah, I'm curious how this plays out...

Thank you - I almost started drinking right before the call came in haha - hang in there... you'll forget about all this mess... And yeah, I'm curious how this plays out...
It's been great having others to share my misery with - really appreciate the comradery through all of this! Hoping my SA that made the FB post will see my reaction to comment this morning and realize he's being called out publically now and will get off his a$$ and give me a call! haha!

Reactions: es06m3lrawd
It's been great having others to share my misery with - really appreciate the comradery through all of this! Hoping my SA that made the FB post will see my reaction to comment this morning and realize he's being called out publically now and will get off his a$$ and give me a call! haha!

It was funny (not in the haha way) because the SA's were so nice as they left after their long shift.

Reactions: greymatter73
Here is my graduation speech. 👨‍🎓I got the call close to 7pm after giving up hope.

I dropped everything like I was having a baby. Threw on shorts, grabbed my go bag and bailed.

My wife saw it first - the only blue one in the lot. I had to accept delivery to look inside - but the outside looked good. No major flaws but I was also overwhelmed.

Inside looked great - connected my Bluetooth and played with the screen for a bit.

Ironically enough, several SAs walked by, all nice, and one actually walked up to me and asked how it was going and we chatted a bit. He gave me the tip of shutting the frunk (I didn’t know) you have to put your hands between the T and push down.

About 45 min later I felt ready to roll. What a drive home. It’s true - the drama of the wait is worth it.

I gave my friend who’s having a tough time a thrill ride - the smile on her face when you step on the gas... we oo’d and aa’d at it.

Another note that others have commented, this is the biggest car I've driven and I have to parallel park a lot so that will take some getting used to - but like any car you just have to feel out the dimensions... sensors obviously help too. When in doubt, stay further from the curb.

Thank you to all who shared thoughts, experiences and tips through this month of madness. I'll keep checking in for my friends in the trenches still and also because I've been conditioned to check this hourly.

Also did not get charged any of my 1,000 supercharging miles on the original charge.

TLDR: when you’re about to break, turn your pfp into a squirrel and a VIN Will drop from the sky.
Interesting I did not accept delivery and they let me inside the car. They just asked me to come find them once I was done to accept delivery. Glad everything went well! That first full acceleration is a RUSH isnt it! I am impressed how well it pulls from 55+ too. I can't wait to take it to the mountains and see how it does since Oxygen doesn't matter for it outside of maybe cooling the battery coolant.

Reactions: es06m3lrawd
Interesting I did not accept delivery and they let me inside the car. They just asked me to come find them once I was done to accept delivery. Glad everything went well! That first full acceleration is a RUSH isnt it! I am impressed how well it pulls from 55+ too. I can't wait to take it to the mountains and see how it does since Oxygen doesn't matter for it outside of maybe cooling the battery coolant.

Very true, I live in Denver where you're already down 20% HP in a normal ICE just at city elevation. In the real mountains you're down more like 30-40% power

Yeah they really emphasized touchless delivery — we spotted it right away, matched the vin myself.
I’m sure if I went in and asked to see the inside before accepting they woulda let me.

Finally took delivery. The delivery person nodded in agreement when I mentioned it is clear that orders with no options come last in the quarter, regardless of when you placed your order. So if you want your order sooner, add options. If you didn't add options, expect your order to be toward the end of your EDD or later.

Model 3 LR white ext, black int, aero, no FSD
Ordered 04/13
Finance Paperwork Completed 05/13
EDD went from 06/01-06/30 to 06/28-06/30; it pushed back one day for 28 days straight
Delivery 06/30

Great write up and congrats! However, one nitpick......you can't say "step on the gas" anymore 😁