Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My deliver time estimate changed to 7-11 week today..... I ordered April 19th. For the past week it had said july 5th -23rd then it woudl change to the july 8-23 and bam now 7-11 weeks.

So disappointed, I can't wait another 7-11 weeks. My current car lease it up in a week, its looking like I will have to find an alternative car.

Reactions: Infinityaz
My deliver time estimate changed to 7-11 week today..... I ordered April 19th. For the past week it had said july 5th -23rd then it woudl change to the july 8-23 and bam now 7-11 weeks.

So disappointed, I can't wait another 7-11 weeks. My current car lease it up in a week, its looking like I will have to find an alternative car.

This is a commonly misunderstood part.
When the backend system does not return a EDD, it just shows 7-11 weeks (should just show blank to avoid confusing people).
Think of it as getting an error while logging into a website.
Everyone across the board is getting it.
Btw, the 7-11 refers to weeks from the order date, not today.

This is not to say you will get the vehicle on time :) I would look into extending the lease for a month. Or maybe 3 months. Have you checked for the market value on the car? You might even be able to sell it to make some money. There is no difference between a leased or purchased car in that regard. Unless it is a tesla.

Last edited:
S
When the backend system does not return a EDD, it just shows 7-11 weeks (should just show blank to avoid confusing people).

btw this is not to say you will get the vehicle on time :) I would look into extending the lease for a month. Or maybe 3 months. Have you checked for the market value on the car? You might even be able to sell it to make some money. There is no difference between a leased or purchased car in that regard. Unless it is a tesla.
Who confirmed the 7-11 weeks is from order date? I haven't seen that before, just want to make sure that isn't conjecture.

btw this is not to say you will get the vehicle on time :) I would look into extending the lease for a month. Or maybe 3 months. Have you checked for the market value on the car? You might even be able to sell it to make some money. There is no difference between a leased or purchased car in that regard. Unless it is a tesla.

I have what is available to buy is not what I want but you can still get discounts (Audi SUV has the $7,500 gov incnetive plus audi is discounting the car here I could get a $65k MSRP audi for the same price as the Tesla).

I extended my lease already to the maximum they allow. The Tesla is the first car I will purchased I normally lease either a BMW, Audi or Benz (Tesla leases are garbage rates). One of the reasons I lease is to avoid issues dealing with accidents and diminished value. Unfortunately the benz I have now was hit by a pickup truck while I was stopped, and I cant sell it for more than the buyout.

S

Who confirmed the 7-11 weeks is from order date? I haven't seen that before, just want to make sure that isn't conjecture.
That's true, this is just what people posted so not sure if it constitutes as proof. Some have posted that their rep confirmed this.
But it does make sense to me. When you first ordered, what did you see? Something like 7-11 weeks.
After a couple of weeks, maybe you are still seeing 7-11 weeks. Suddenly you start getting a more specific date range.

I have what is available to buy is not what I want but you can still get discounts (Audi SUV has the $7,500 gov incnetive plus audi is discounting the car here I could get a $65k MSRP audi for the same price as the Tesla).

I extended my lease already to the maximum they allow. The Tesla is the first car I will purchased I normally lease either a BMW, Audi or Benz (Tesla leases are garbage rates). One of the reasons I lease is to avoid issues dealing with accidents and diminished value. Unfortunately the benz I have now was hit by a pickup truck while I was stopped, and I cant sell it for more than the buyout.
Makes sense, in your case definitely return the lease.

Well, joining the 'back to 7-11' club. But I do have an 8 digit number after vehicleMapId too. I see that it is in three places, the first interestingly being --
"RegistrationAvailable":true,"result":{"vehicleMapId":xxxxxxxx where 'xxxxxxxx' is the number
with more information about my ID, etc. in the area bounded by the bracket after 'result:'. That RegistrationAvailable:true also sounds promising.

The other two are after "teslaInsuranceDetails" which probably are of less interest (especially as Tesla insurance is not yet available in NY).

Reactions: KK35
Well, joining the 'back to 7-11' club. But I do have an 8 digit number after vehicleMapId too. I see that it is in three places, the first interestingly being --
"RegistrationAvailable":true,"result":{"vehicleMapId":xxxxxxxx where 'xxxxxxxx' is the number
with more information about my ID, etc. in the area bounded by the bracket after 'result:'. That RegistrationAvailable:true also sounds promising.

The other two are after "teslaInsuranceDetails" which probably are of less interest (especially as Tesla insurance is not yet available in NY).
Same exact indication for mine, on all accounts.

Reactions: hcdavis3
Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 4.29.30 PM.png
Seems like the website is buggy now. It's not showing any details.