Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SA got back to me with a "we understand your frustration" and said they're estimating it'll arrive in August (which is what today's EDD says... I wonder what answer I would have got back when it said 11-17 weeks?) along with "we have absolutely no stock". So really, nothing surprising or interesting came out of that exchange. Nothing against the SA of course, that must be frustrating for them but would love additional info or even an attempt to square things on the whole "go get financing sorted, it'll help!" vs. "our estimates are RNG!" thing. Maybe eventually when there's real competition in the EV market they'll have to compete on customer service, but for now they know they 100% do not.

Reactions: hcdavis3
People with order dates in June or July already getting excited 😭😭

Welcome to Tesla where they seem to have no rhyme or reason or even the computer power to know when a car will be produced and available on a list of buying customers..

Order mid April, tons of April and May folks still waiting, the EDD doesn't mean squat.

maxresdefault.jpg

Hey guys! I am in Romania, ordered a M3LR white, black interior on the 4th of july, as for now my estimate is November-December. They opened the sales office in May and their initial estimation was September, now everyone got bumped to November-December… and it will be a very close call as the governament funding is almost gone and if they do not deliver by the end of the year we will have to start the process from the beggining… and it is a very slow procedure that will begin again in april-may 2021. The gov funding is about 9300 eur…

Bummer. Why the rush for a new vehicle? Almost at this point, I'd be convinced to hold out for a 2022 model 3.

Not that i'd ever try to dissuade someone from getting a Tesla - I used to have a 14 Camaro SS and it was amazing. My dad has a C8 Z51 and he loves it. If you don't care for the power, the only EV I'd consider getting is a Chevrolet Bolt.

My car got totaled (other driver at fault), cashed out from the insurance company, and have been using my wife’s car for the last 2 months. Being a one car family is getting really old. Wasn’t as bad when I was in “pandemic bubble” mode not going anywhere, but now that things have started to open up I either have to take a Lyft or find a ride to do anything should my wife be using her car.

• Informative
Reactions: 1LE McQueen
People with order dates in June or July already getting excited 😭😭

Welcome to Tesla where they seem to have no rhyme or reason or even the computer power to know when a car will be produced and available on a list of buying customers..

Order mid April, tons of April and May folks still waiting, the EDD doesn't mean squat.

(pulls up seat) May 10th here my friend.

First time posting, but I have been monitoring this chat with ya'll over here at Charlotte NC. Been waiting patiently, but my original EDD was anywhere from July 8th to August 29th. Now I'm at the 10-16 week mark. I was patiently waiting, but as Gas creeps to $3 a gallon, my patience is starting to run out. Even more so when people are getting their deliveries when they purchased a month after you - and it's the same build.

Reactions: xnessix
I'm starting to understand, based on the responses from here, that VIN numbers are probably getting assigned in the early morning. That's also the only time when my EDD changes.

So for those of you who refresh the page 20 times a day, I don't think it's gonna do any good lol.
I mean they also send an email when your VIN is assigned so yeah, lol. Chances are next to none refreshing randomly is just gonna get you a VIN without already having gotten an email about it.

Question: where do you guys get the # to call and ask about the delivery estimate? Before I bail on this endeavor I’d like to give them a call and see if they can give me any more precise info.
Just call your local Tesla. Alpharetta is the closest to me, so I gave em a call. They should have an option in the automated phone system for "New Deliveries". I selected that and got a friendly employee who said she has gotten a lot of calls today!

Reactions: DarkLegion
Just call your local Tesla. Alpharetta is the closest to me, so I gave em a call. They should have an option in the automated phone system for "New Deliveries". I selected that and got a friendly employee who said she has gotten a lot of calls today!
My SA said:

“I'm still waiting for a VIN to be assigned to your order, that means either a car was built and assigned to you or a VIN became available after a customer changed their mind on configuration. Since we have no eyes on the factory production line we need to wait for the VIN to be assigned, thank you for your patience.”

Not sure if he doesn’t know about tools that other person mentioned that their SA looked at or what.