Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@LaneDS i’m pretty confident our cars are on the same truck and we’ll pickup from the same place on the same date

Excellent! It'd be great if they'd actually tell us a date, but I realize that is mostly me being impatient.

I reached out to my SA at Tyson's on Sunday to float the idea of them working with USAA if it's later than the 29th (and to, of course, ask once again if they had a better idea of delivery now that a VIN is in play) but I have yet to hear back. EDD has held strong at July 27 - Aug 02 since it updated twice on Sunday/VINday, which actually feels like a semi-accurate estimate at this point.

Today I received a "Complete Your Insurance" e-mail for the first time, suggesting that too somehow prioritizes your delivery. Because I'm a sucker (and because I guess I need to do this regardless) I'm going to get that completed today after seeing what options are out there.

Reactions: stEVe91941
First time I got a VIN, it was out of the blue and I had the option to schedule an actual time to pickup in less than 48 hours for dates about a week away. Second time (this past Sunday), I got the VIN a little earlier (it was 8 days before the first day in the EDD range) and I have not gotten the option to actually schedule a day. I'm starting to worry delivery will slip out further, even with a VIN secured.

I guess I already bought a beater for the wait, so it's not a big deal, I'm just antsy after waiting so long and a bit bitter about my original VIN coming during a long business trip.

Your guess is as good as mine lol
I came in after this began, but some of the folks who've since "graduated" and received their cars decided that the EDD was controlled by a (robot???) squirrel named Andrew. Andrew is evil and capricious, so the legend goes, and to appease him in an attempt to get a VIN/car sooner rather than later, it was suggested that the avatar should be a squirrel. There are those who swear that by putting a squirrel in their profile pic that they very quickly received their VINs. Who are we to challenge the mysteries of the EDD???