Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, Slip sliding away.

1628870741572.png

Reactions: richieyim
I got my VIN! Now my EDD shows 8/12-8/18!
This morning I got an email and a text about my delivery - plus my account now shows that I need to make my payment, etc. Delivery date officially set for 8/21. Bummed it's after the EDD range of 8/14-8/18 but I'll make peace with it.

To recap: Didn't really think I wanted a Tesla. Lease was ending on my Audi SQ5 and I was not particularly excited to get another car. I hate the dealership experience. I was going to try a bunch of cars, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Audi, then I test drove a Model 3 on 7/3 and immediately stopped the search. Ordered my M3LR on 7/5, used a friend's referral code. Ordered white/black with 18" aero and no FSD, so a pretty basic setup. EDD were in September and late August/Labor Day for most of my wait, then things suddenly accelerated in the last week. There are a lot of Teslas where I live, so I have to assume they send a truckload down here pretty often.

So my original delivery date was this Wednesday - but the car didn't arrive so they made me a new appointment for tomorrow. I didn't receive any confirmation on Tuesday before my Wednesday appointment, just a call to reschedule at about 5:45 the night before. This morning I got a text and a phone call confirming my appointment tomorrow :) YAY I'm thinking that means no cancellation this time.

And other good news - the second 14-50 adapter I ordered did actually ship and will be here tomorrow too. Now how to get my money back for the one that has never really shipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.